The talk

I woke up in the same position we had fell asleep in.

I picked up my phone to check the time.

10:21.

I sighed and slowly slid out from under Jacob, making sure to not wake him. Once I was out the bed I grabbed some clothes and walked into our bathroom before turning on the shower.

I undressed myself and stepped into the shower. The hot water burned my skin but after I adapted to it the water felt nice.

I wonder how Jay will react to us being back together. I thought.

I finished up in the shower and changed into the black jean shorts and black laced crop top.

Once I had finished I slid my shoes on, grabbed my phone and headed downstairs.

On my way down the stairs I texted Jay to tell him I was coming over.

With that I went to the car and headed to his house.

<>

As I pulled into his driveway I noticed that both Bryce and Josh's cars were there.

I sighed at the sight of Josh's car and put my car in park.

Hopefully he's asleep i thought.

I went up to the front door and before I could even knock Bryce had opened the door.

"Uh I think your at the wrong house" he sarcastically stated as he leaned on the door frame.

I rolled my eyes and smiled. "What makes you think that?" I said as I crossed my arms.

"Well, we don't tend to just have pretty women walking up too our door" he said in a duh tone.

I laughed and he smiled before moving out the way and gesturing for me to come in.

"All jokes aside you do look nice today" he said.

"Thanks" I smiled.

He closed the door and walked off to his room.

I saw Jay in the backyard through the window and headed in that direction.

"Hey" I said as I walked up to him and sat down in front of him at the table.

"Hi" he smiled.

We sat in an awkward silence before he finally spoke.

"So uh... did you want to talk about something or?" He asked.

"Yeah" I replied.

"So I know we've kind of been... you know. Flirty." I started.

"But" I continued before he interrupted.

"But you still love Jacob" he sighed looking away from me and pushing his tongue into his cheek out of frustration.

"Sorry" I apologized.

"Don't apologize. You can't help it" he said as he forced a smile.

"I know but.. I feel like I led you on" I sincerely stated.

"It's okay Bee" he smiled.

"I'm perfectly fine just being friends. As long as we can hangout and I can see you I'm happy" he added.

I smiled back at him.

"Thanks for understanding" I said.

"You know I'm starting to think that leaving me heartbroken is a hobby of yours" He said sarcastically.

We both laughed and talked for a couple minutes before Bryce joined us outside.

"Josh invited some girl over again" Bryce sighed as he took a seat next to me.

"Again?" Jay questioned with a slight tone of annoyance.

"Yup. Different girl too" Bryce added.

"So he is a douche" I chuckled as I rolled my eyes.

What's with that kid.

"Oh for sure. This is what? The 6th girl this week? And it's Friday?" Bryce asked.

"Damn" I spoke.

"It's a different girl every day I swear" Bryce said clearly annoyed.

Jay sighed in annoyance before he looked over to the back door and his annoyed expression grew.

Curiously I looked over and saw Josh walking out the back door along with two girls.

They were giggling and walking towards the pool. Both girls were wearing bikinis that were basically made from tortilla chips because of how small they were.

I shook my head and turned back around.

"Are we sure they aren't strippers" i half jokingly asked. Bryce and Jay both let out a small laugh causing me too as well.

"I wouldn't be surprised" Jay said.

"He said he wants to have a party later tonight" Bryce said.

"Again? Dude he just had one" Jay questioned as the annoyed look on his face returned.

Bryce nodded in response.

"I'd go" I simply stated with a shrug.

Jay looked at me for a second before looking back at Bryce.

"She'd go" Bryce said trying to convince Jay into having another party.

Jay looked at both of us and Bryce jokingly did the puppy eye face causing me to laugh.

"Fine" Jay sighed.

"But y'all better clean the shit up" He added as he pointed a finger at Bryce. Bryce threw up his arms in defense.

"Okay dad" Bryce said sarcastically.

We all laughed and Bryce started to talk to me about the party.

"Well I've gotta go but I'll see y'all later" I said before getting up.

"Bye bee" Jay smiled.

"Bee?" Bryce questioned.

"It's a nickname from when we were kids" Jay said attempting to dismiss Bryce's question.

"Wait you guys have known each other that long?" Bryce asked.

"Yup. Our parents are close" I smiled.

"So how'd you get the nickname bee?" He asked clearly intrigued.

"Well when I was little I had these Bumble bee rain boots that I basically lived in. So Harper started calling me bee and the name just stuck" I stated.

"That's cute" Bryce replied.

"Mhm, Jay gave me a nickname too he just doesn't like to say it anymore" I said teasing Jay a bit.  He's face flushed red and his eyes widened a bit.

"What was it" Bryce said with a grin.

I could tell he wanted to use this to tease Jay later. They had that brotherly relationship you know.

"It was nothing" Jay said once again trying to dismiss the conversation.

"He used to call me-" I started.

"NO" Jay blurted, interrupting me.

"Fine I wont say it" I smiled as I shook my head.

"Noo come on tell me" Bryce whined.

"Sorry Bryce" I shrugged before walking away.
___________________________________
I wanted to make the rejection really dramatic.. but then I had an idea 😏 so stay tuned..
Thanks for reading<333