Relapse

Back at the house
4:45 p.m
Monday

We got home from downtown about 3 hours ago and now everyone was chillin in their rooms.

Jacob had fell asleep in the bed and I was watching a show on Netflix.

"Y/n can I come in" Harper said slightly opening the door. "Yeah" I replied.

"Can I talk to you" she whispered, "of course, where do you wanna talk?" I asked.

" The living room works, Bryce is asleep and so is Jacob so they won't bother us" she said.

I paused the show and slowly got off the bed to not wake Jacob.

We walked to the living room and sat on the couch. I covered up in the throw blanket and she wrapped up in the other.

"So what's up?" I asked.

"So uhm..." she stuttered.

Something's wrong..

She's not looking at me..

"You can tell me anything red" I smiled, gently placing my hand on her cheek and rubbing it with my thumb.

A tear rolled down the other side of her face and immediately she began to bawl.

"I... I wanted to relapse" she confessed.

⚠️TW⚠️: Mentions Self Harm!

"Oh red" i got up and walked around, sitting right behind her and I pulled her into a hug. She turned over, laying her head on my chest and I ran my fingers through her hair.

"It's okay" I said. "It's part of healing" I added.

"Wanting to relapse is completely normal when sobering up" I said.

"It was so bad, I've been doing so well and... and I was so set on doing it again because everything was getting so bad and I just" she rambled.

"Shhh. It's okay" I said.

Harper struggled with self harm all through High-school, she's been getting better about it and has been sober for 6 months and I'm extremely proud of her for it.

She told me about it in our sophomore year when she decided she wanted to stop. She stayed sober the first time for a month and a half until her mental he's dropped again and she had relapsed.

"I'm proud of you for telling me, and I'm even prouder that you had the control to stop yourself from relapsing even when it's all you wanted to do" I said.

"It wasn't as hard as last time but the fact that I even wanted to scares me" she sobbed.

"It's all apart of the process, after a while you won't even think about relapsing. But you've made a crazy amount of progress already" I replied.

"Yeah" she whispered.

"Are you proud of yourself?" I asked.

She paused, thinking about her answer.

"Yeah." She said.