Busy

Age:7

Evelyn POV:

I was cuddling with my baby sitter on the sofa while we watched one of mommys movies, I looked at mommy on the screen and looked up at my babysitter "hey Mary."
I asked looking at her and she hummed as a response.

"Do you think mommy would come this weekend?" I asked, mommy wasn't here right now or she was rarely here these days mommy became very busy and I would always be with my babysitter Mary and when Mary was on a day off I was with my granny.

I hadn't seen mommy properly for months and I missed her.

"Well Evelyn how about we call mommy." Mary said while tucking my hair behind my ear.

Truthfully I wanted to but what if she's busy...

"Ev? "

"What if she's busy..."

"Oh Evelyn mommy would always answer your calls even if she's busy"

"Really?" I was not believing it

"Really."

"Okay, can we call her?" I asked with a smile on my face. She sat up and took her phone and clicked on mommys number.

After a few rings mommy answered and a big smile lit up on my face.

"MOMMYY!" I said

"Hello? Evelyn is that you I'm sorry hunny mommys filming"

It wasn't mommy it was her manager, I huffed getting off the sofa and walking up to my room.

Elizabeth POV:

We were done filming the scene so I went back to my trailer, as I walked to my trailer I saw my manager walking out of it with my phone.

"Lizzie." she said walking towards me "Your baby sitter called. "

I nodded and took my phone from her walking into the trailer and calling Mary.

"Hello Mary you called what's wrong?"

I asked as she had picked up "Oh nothing big miss it's just that Evelyn had missed you so she asked me to call you but you were apparently busy."

"Im so sorry can you give her the phone please. "

"I can please give me a second." I waited abit until I heard her voice.

"What."

"Hi Evelyn mommy was busy I'm sorry baby " I said as I knew she wasn't happy about the situation.

"WHEN AREN'T YOU!" I heard her say before the phone shutting in my face.

End of POV

"WHEN AREN'T YOU!" Evelyn screamed into the phone before ending the call and giving the phone back to her nanny.

Her mom was always gone and busy and she hated it she hated it so much.

"I'm sleepy " she said to her nanny indicating her to leave. She pulled the blanket over her head as she tried her best to sleep.

Evelyn was at school and it was a parent teacher conference day, she held her nannys hand as she walked pass the hall to her class room she entered the class and saw all her friends and classmates with their moms next to them.

She looked down and walked to her seat with her nanny "You okay Ev?" Mary asked her as she notices the situation of the child "I don't like it..." The child said tears streaming down her face and everyone looked at her so Mary took the child's hand and walked out she knelt down so she was the same height as Evelyn.

"Hey Evelyn don't cry mommy will come I promise. " she said as she hoped Elizabeth would make it in time. Evelyn only cried harder in response her cries echoing through the halls.

She just cried as her teacher walked into the hall to enter the class room Mary stood up to talk to her to inform Elizabeth would be alittle late before returning to Evelyn.

Meanwhile Lizzie had pulled up into the school parking lot for the conference she walked into the school to her daughters classroom as she got closer she saw her daughter with Mary in the hallway she walked towards them and saw her daughters red and puffy face.

She felt guilty for it "Evelyn." she said as she got closer, Evelyn lifted her head and saw her mother. She ran into her as she saw her and Elizabeth knelt down to hug her as Evelyn cried more "Mommys late sorry hunny. " she said as she wiped her tears.

"I thought you wouldn't come. " Evelyn said Elizabeth smiled and kissed her daughters cheek "Now wipe those tears let's go in okay. "

Elizabeth said asking for a tissue from Mary to whipe Evelyn's face. After Evelyn calmed down abit they went into the classroom.

"Sorry for being late miss Tomson" Elizabeth said to the teacher and the teacher said it was okay.

They arrived home after the conference Mary went to her own house as Elizabeth was back they got the house and walked up into Evelyn's room as she looked really tired from crying.

They walked in and Elizabeth helped Evelyn change "Mommy..."

"Yes Ev" Elizabeth asked as she was dressing Evelyn. Evelyn put her head through the hole and asked "Are you going back? If yes please take me with you. "

"I will eventually hunny and go can come with me if you want." Elizabeth said putting Evelyn's leggings on her. Evelyn's eyes lit up as she heard those words "Let's cuddle Mommy. " she said as she smiled wide.

"Of course baby just let mommy change okay. " and Evelyn nodded.

Elizabeth changed and they layed in Evelyn's bed.

"I missed you mommy..." She heard Evelyn mumble before falling alseep

Elizabeth smiled to herself as she looked down at her daughter.