Sick

Age:16

Evelyn's POV:

I heard my alarm ring meaning I had to get up when I got up I noticed the weird feeling in my throat and noticing that head was quite literally killing me. I brushed it off thinking it'll pass and started to get ready for the day.

After getting dressed and brushing my teeth I went downstairs "You ready to go kiddo?" My dad asked as he was waiting for me to go to work so he could drop me off on the way there.

I nodded and went over to my mom who was sitting on the sofa while going over her lines "Bye bye. " I said kissing her cheek.

"Bye hunny. " she said and me and dad were out.

It was now a few classes in and I started to feel worse but still did my usual stuff like taking notes and not sleeping in class.

"My whole body is killing me..." I said flopping my head on the desk.

"Why'd you come to school if you felt sick when you woke up?" My friend asked.

"Well I thought it would pass and I didn't want to miss a day since I would be to lazy to take notes later on. " I said lifting my head and feeling my forehead as I felt alot warmer and my headache was on its limit.

"I just need to bare it for another 2 hours and I can just lay down in bed..." I said leaning on my friends shoulder.

I was now finally home.

"Hi mom. "

"Hi hunny hungry?" If Im being honest I wasn't hungry like at all but I had to eat if I wanted to take a pill so I just lied for the sake off the pain to go away.

"Well how about you go change while I get your dinner ready, Ill call you okay." My mom said getting closer to me, I just nodded and walked upstairs to my room.

I changed my clothes and got into bed to rest for a while, I decided to take alittle nap as my mom got dinner ready since I thought it would help abit...

I woke up and wasn't feeling better at all in fact I felt worse I sat up in bed and felt my head spin and my body was killing me and it was to hot it was so hot.

Tears started to stream down my face as my body was truly killing me. I rolled in bed for a while, while tears stremed down my face until I heard a soft knock.

Elizabeth's POV:

Dinner was ready so I went to get Evelyn, I went up to her door and heard some noises coming through... I softly knocked her door and waited until I heard a soft come in.

I went in and saw my pale daughter with tear stains on her face slowly sitting up.

"Hunny are you okay?" I said with worry in my voice as I walked to her bed "My whole body hurts and its so hot mommy..." She said leaning into me as I sat on her bed.

The second she did I felt the heat of her body she was burning! "Oh my Ev your burning" I said putting my hand on her forehead "wait..." i said getting up to get the thermometer.

I went downstairs and looked through the drawers and found it, after I did I walked back into Evelyn's bedroom and sat next to her and put the thermometer in her mouth.

After a fee seconds it beeped and I looked at the temperature, and her temperature was 39 "Oh hunny..." i said pulling her into a hug.

"Wait here okay Ill go get a wet cloth." i said and went to prepare a wet cloth for her.

I put some warm water in a bucket and a little cloth to rub her body with. i went into her room and put the bucket on her night stand and dipped the cloth and made her lay down before I started damping it onto her forehead.

"I should make you some soup you lay down and rest okay." i said kissing her forehead which I get a weak smile in return.

I was done making soup went upstairs to bring her some. I watched her as she slowly drinked her soup after she was done I put the plate and tray on the nightstand and let her cuddle into me.

"When did you get this sick baby?" I asked as I strocked her hair. "I felt abit sick this morning but it wasn't much so I brushed it off but got worse at school Im sorry..." she said getting deeper onto my chest "Oh hunny never be sorry for getting sick but how about next time you dont fell good you tell me." I said kissing her forehead.

She mumbled a little okay before falling asleep.

I layed in bed with her as she slept it has been awhile since we cuddled this much as she was mostly inside her room, so as a loving and caring mother I took this to my advantage to snuggle with my daughter.

I layed there humming a soft tune as she slept in my embrace until I heard the door creak open. I looked to the side of my eye and saw Robbie looking through the door and I smiled at him.

I slowly got out of her embrace and went over to the door slowly opening and closing it.

"She had a high fever..." I said with a soft whisper. "Oh since when?" Robbie asked looking at the closed door. "She said she felt sick this morning but still left." And I heard him sigh.

"She should really start telling us when she doesn't feel good."

"True I remember when she had the same headache for a while and only told us when it hurt to much.

"Well is she okay now like has her fever dropped?"

"Yes it has gone down a significant amount she's finally taking a proper nap..." i said leaning into Robbie...

Inspired by the time I had a 38.6 fever...