So small

A request

Age:6 weeks

Elizabeth

I slowly put the sleeping baby into a stroller. I smiled as I fixed her little hat then closed the canopy abit.

Robbie came downstairs with the diaper bag and put it under the stroller. "Ready to go? " he asked me and I nodded.

Us as a new family haven't been out the house at all for the past 2 months or more.

Since we haven't really been out at all since Ev was born.

Of course Robbie went out to the grocery store but nothing much other then that.

So since the weathers nice today we decided to go out as a family for a walk and maybe a cafe of some sorts.

"Let's go then. " he said in a sing along voice and I nodded.

He pushed the stroller out as I locked the door. I locked arms with him and we both kept looking down at Ev.

She was still sleeping.

But I seemed to have jinxed it because she opened her big green eyes and started crying.

I moved the canopy away and picked her up trying to shush her.

"Let's stop here and sit until she calms down. " Robbie said and showed me the park we just reached.

I nodded and we sat down on a bench. We checked if she was hungry or had a full diaper but she did not.

So she was just crying for the sake of it.

I put her close to my chest which seemed to have calmed her down abit then soon she was just looking at us as she sucked on her binkie.

I turned to Robbie and saw him looking at the kids playing on the play ground.

I chuckled "What are you thinking about? " I asked as I stared to.

"Look at all those kids running around. " he said and I hummed.

"Then look at our little Ev... She's so so tiny compared to them. "

"Well those kids have been alive for years. This little miss has only been alive for afew weeks. "

"Well I know but... Remember when she was born she was almost as big as my hand just abit bigger. "

"Well true... She is quite small isn't she. " I said as I looked back down at our daughter.

"Do you think she'll be petite like your sisters? " he asked as he played with Evelyn's hat.

"Well maybe but I don't think so... I mean true she is small but you heard the doctor. " I said and looked at him.

Evelyn had a fetal growth restriction while she was in there so I had to give birth abit earlier then normal. As a result there were alot of risks like having a stillborn.

But thankfully Evelyn didn't have that many problems and was completely healthy.

But she did scare us by not crying for a minute or two.

But since she was still born abit early she had to stay in the hospital for abit.

The doctor said that she's small because of the restriction and would soon grow to a normal size.

"Well we'll see... I mean parents do say they grow up quickly. " he said with a smile.

We decided to sit for abit more and Robbie was playing with Evelyn when a little kid ran over to us.