A gift

Age:5 and turning 6 UvU

This is connected to 'bear' it's a short lil shot of the state Ev was in and her reaction to getting the bear on her bday 🤭

Evelyn

"I don't want it! " I yelled making everyone look at me and daddy.

Since mommy is gone now everyone came here to help daddy.

I don't want anyone here.

I want them to leave. Their annoying and overbearing and they keep talking about mommy!

They think I don't hear them but I do!

It's my fault that she's gone and I know that, them talking about her is annoying!

"Please baby, You haven't eaten anything for days. " daddy said with a sad voice.

I huffed and looked at him.

He was tired and I knew that but I don't want to eat.

I got angrier and slapped his hand away making the fork and the food on the fork fly away.

"Evelyn! " he yelled making me frown until I finally cried. I heard daddy sigh and grandma spoke.

Here were my grandmas and 2 aunties Alissa was also here since she apparently insisted on coming and she's sitting across me watching me.

"Evelyn if you eat all your food we can go bake cookies! " Auntie MK said with a happy voice. Tears filled my eyes as I huffed and remembered how mommy and me would bake cookies.

I loved cookies...

But I hate them.

I'll hate them!

"I DON'T WANT COOKIES OR FOOD OR ANYTHING ELSE! " I yelled and pushed the plate making it fall to the floor.

Daddy sighed and stood up while picking me up.

"I won't force you then. " he said and we made our way upstairs.

Ashley

"She's being a brat... " I heard Alissa mumble. "She isn't Alissa. Don't say that ever again. She just lost her mom be understanding. "

"What? If I didn't eat I wouldn't be offered cookies! "

"Just eat your food Alissa. "

Evelyn

"What you did isn't acceptable Ev. Why would you throw your plate away? " daddy quietly asked me as he put me down on the bed.

I let out a sob and answered in a quiet voice. "I told you I don't want to eat... "

I felt him wipe away my tears and I opened my eyes to look at him.

He gave me a sad smile.

"But you need to baby... Mommy's looking at us from above, imagine how sad she's going to be when she sees that you don't eat? "

"Then she should come back daddy! She should come back or I won't eat! " I sobbed and he hugged me.

"You know she can't Ev. "

I opened my eyes and started crying and yelled for mommy. Suddenly the door burst open and I looked at the door expecting to see daddy but it was a tired mommy instead.

"Mommy! " I yelled and she smiled softly.

She sat next to me and wiped my tears away.

"Did you have a nightmare? " she asked me with her comforting voice and I nodded.

"Want to tell mommy? "