Squeak

Age:3

Elizabeth

Before I opened the front door I prayed for silence. Recently Evelyn got her hands on a plushie.

My dear Evelyn loves plushies but this isn't a normal plushie.

No no.

It's a damn squeak toy.

She came home afew days ago with it in her hands after a day out with my sisters.

At first I thought it was adorable since she had such a happy expression.

Until she squeezed it. My face freezed as she ran around the house squeezing it after she took her shoes of.

Needless to say my sisters got alot from me that day.

Anyway me and Robbie tried to take it away from her the best we can but she just won't let it go.

I'm guessing it's because her beloved aunties got her it.

She sees my other siblings abit but since ashley and mk are busy she rarely sees them.

So she just won't let it go...

She was currently home with her babysitter who is as tired as us with that damn toy.

I love her and all but I'd like to burn that damn thing.

I took a deep breath and opened the front door and when I entered I immediately heard squeaks and tiny steps.

"Mommy! " I heard my daughter yell as she ran over to me.

I smiled and picked her up. "Did you have fun my angel? " I asked her as she rubbed my cheek onto hers.

"YES! me and Angie played. We had a tea time and dressed as princesses! She even let me do her makeup. But she's taking it off now. " she finished with a pout.

I softly pinched her chubby cheek and took my shoes off. Evelyn stayed in my arms and as I walked over to where Angie was she squeezed the toy once again.

I looked inside the bathroom and Angie as drying her face with a towel. "I hope she didn't give you a headache. " I said to her.

Angie chuckled. "Honestly, my dog has it to so 24 hours of squeaking is deadly but hey." She said with a shrug.

I looked at Evelyn and she was in her own world.

Angie walked out and patted my shoulder. "Good luck with it. " she said with a chuckle which I returned with a laugh and nod.

"Thank you again. " I said as she left.

Ev squeezed the toy again making me flinch at the sudden noise.

"Oh my god. " I mumbled as Ev ran around the house squeezing the damn toy. I was so close to just taking that damn thing from her and burning it but let's avoid that.

I was basically begging for time to pass quicker. Her bedtime was an hour away and Robbie is on his way home.

Im counting seconds over here.

I sighed when I heard the front door open and I could hear him walk in.

"How long has she been doing this? " I heard Robbie mumble in my ear.

"I'm letting her tire herself out so she's dead tired when I take that damn thing. " I mumble pointing at it.

"She'll ask for it tomorrow if you take it. "

"Then, I'll cut it and take the damn squeaky thing out then stitch it back up easy. "

Robbie laughed and sat next to me making the sofa dip.

"She's a light sleeper like you babe. "

"Well, that is why I'm letting her run around. If it was any other day I would stop her and you know that. "

At 1am we went on with our plan.

Ev should be dead asleep by now since we went to bed at around 9am.

We slowly walked in and Robbie stayed at one side of the bed while I was at the other with a similar plushie in my hand so she didn't wake up.

I slowly took the plushie out her grip and replaced it with the one I was holding.

She moved so Robbie quickly patted her bum and we moved after she stopped moving.

We quickly went to our room and I cut this damn thing open.

When I found the squeaky thing I sighed.

I gave it to Robbie and stuffed the animel back up and stitched it.

I lifted it up with a smile. "Finally some damn silence. " I said.

"What will we do if she asks about it? "

"Just say it had a limited about of squeaks and she used it all up easy. "

I said and left the room to put it back with her.

"Mommy! " I was woken up by my daughters voice. "Yes baby? " I asked not opening my eyes.

"IT DOESN'T MAKE SOUNDS ANYMORE! " She said with a sad voice.

I opened my eyes and sat up. I looked down and put her on the bed and Robbie groaned.

"Well you used it all up baby. "

"Used what up? " she asked with a frown.

"All her squeaks. "

"What? "

"Well she had a limited amount and you used it all... Now she can't squeak. "

She looked down at it with a pout. "I'm sorry for using it to much. Now you can't dance with me. " she said to the toy.

She looked up at me and laid on my chest making me fall back.

"Are you sad thay she can't squeak anymore? "

"Yes but it's okay. She can still have twa parties with me. " she said making me laugh.

"Silence girls, silence. " Robbie said throwing his arm over us.

Ev giggled and sat up on me making me wince. She smiled and jumped onto his chest making him grunt.

"Sorry daddy. " Ev said and laid on his chest.

She wrapped his big arms around her body and squeezed her. Ev giggled in response.

I smiled at them and got closer to him.

I put my arm on his and he looked at me with a smile.

Ev lifted herself up abit and told Robbie to put her plush on the nighstand and he did.

She laid her head back down and closed her eyes with a smile.

"Success." I mouthed and Robbie nodded.