Garden

Age:3

Evelyn

I sighed as I put my plushies down.

I'm so bored.

I laid on the floor and rolled around for afew moments and stared at the chandelier.

I sat back up and decided to go to the garden.

Mama said not to go outside without her but I'm bored and there's nothing else to do.

I did it quietly though since mama said to stay in the living room as she did housework.

I quickly passed through the hallway and got on my tiptoes to open the back door.

I opened the gate to the garden and only noticed that I was bare feet when the grass made my feer itchy.

I looked down at them for a moment before shrugging and decided to run around.

I flopped my booty on the ground when I was tired and looked around for a moment.

Mama had a bunch of plants. I help her water them sometimes and plant new ones.

She doesn't let me use her tools because apparently I'm to little.

I'm big and not little.

She's little.

I sighed and laid on my back. I turned around so I was on my stomach and looked at mamas plants.

I squinted when I saw something that definitely wasn't a plant and I smiled when I noticed that it was one of mommys tools.

I got back up on my feet and walked up to it.

It's like a big scissor. I picked it up and it was heavy.

I sat down on the grass and started playing with it.

I opened it wide but it was very heavy so I dropped it.

The blade part fell on my leg making me flinch but nothing happened. I threw it off my leg and rubbed the part it fell on since it hurt.

I flinched again when I heard mommy yell my name and I looked back to see her worryingly looking at me.

Elizabeth

I sighed when I finally organizing and cleaning all the dishes we had. I cursed at myself when I realized that I haven't checked on Ev in awhile.

I turned my head to the monitor and my eyes widened when I saw that the living room was empty.

I stood up and started to look for her while calling her name.

"Where in the world are you... " I mumbled when she was nowhere to be seen. I paused when I noticed that the door to the garden was slightly open when I definitely closed it.

"Oh fuck my life. " I mumbled and quickly walked out.

Worry came over me when I saw Evelyn throw one of my gardening tools to the side.

"Evelyn! " I yelled making her flinch and look back.

I quickly ran over to her and looked at her with a frown and looked at the secateurs.

"What are you doing with this! Didn't I tell you not to play with these Evelyn. And I told you not go to out here without me or daddy! Why didn't you listen to me Evelyn. " I angrily spoke but I immediately regretted it when her eyes started to fill with tears.

"I'm sorry mama... " she said and a tear went down her cheek.

I sighed and wiped her tear away.

"Ev... Do you know why I'm angry? "

"Because I came outside and played with your tool."

"Yes, hunny I already told you before that their to heavy for you to hold. And look this one has blades what if you cut yourself? You wouldn't like it if we had to go to the doctors would you. " I said making mer shake her head.

"Baby next time come to me if your bored and want to go outside. And never play with my tools again okay. " she nodded and I smiled.

"Good girl, now let's go clean all this dirt off. " I said and stood up with her in my arms.

She wrapped her arms around me and buried her head into my shoulder.

I picked up the secateurs in the process so I can put it back in the shed and make a mental note for myself not to leave anything around again.

And maybe get a child lock on that door.

I walked upstairs with Ev still in my arms and sat her on the bathroom floor.

"Should we take a bath hmm. " I asked her as she had grass and dirt in her hair.

She gave a small nod and I moved to fill the bathtub with water.

I took her clothes off as it filled and she played with the bubbles as I cleaned her up.

"Drain it hunny. " I said with a smile as I stood up to get her towel and she happily watched the water drain.

I pulled her out and smiled at how cute her lik face looked in her towel.

I stood up with her in my arm and hugged her tight as I spoke.

"All nice and clean now. " I said snuggling her making her giggle.

I took some clothes out for her and dressed her up. As I was helping her get into her bottoms I noticed a forming bruise on her leg making me brush my thumb over it.

"I dropped your tool on it mama. I'm sorry... "

"Does it hurt? "

"Nope."

We were now laying in my bed as her request and now I was putting her down for a nap.

I'm sitting up as she's laying down.

I ran my fingers through her hair as she slept. I looked down and she had her little fist around my shirt making me smile.

I looked back down at her leg and sighed.

Thank god It's only a bruise. I would never forgive myself if she cut herself.

I yawned myself and decided to take a nap with her.

I took her hand off my shirt making her whimper. I laid down and let her snuggle into my chest to calm her down and closed my own eyes.