Promised

A request

Age:6

Evelyn

I woke up to some noises. I sat up in bed and hugged my bear.

I turned to the open door and saw a figure walk past. I would have been scared if not for the nightlight.

It was mommy...

I walked over to my window and got on my chair. I opened the window and looked down and after afew minutes I saw mommy get in her car abd drive off to work once again.

I closed the window and walked out my room and to mommy and daddy's room.

I saw him check the time before putting his phone down. "Daddy can I sleep with you? " I asked making him flinch.

He turned his head towards me and patted the empty spot next to him.

I walked over to the bed and crawled next to him.

And cuddled him with my bear on the other side. "Daddy why is mommy always out? " I asked even through I already knew the answer.

"She has work hunny. "

"But you work to. "

"Her work starts earlier then me. " he said ending with a yawn.

I hate mommy's work...

I waited at the door for mommy to come home. I saw on daddy's phone that she was coming early today while he was making us dinner.

So now I'm waiting.

"Daddy when's mommy coming!? " I asked daddy.

"She's on her way! " he answered back from the living room.

I whined and stomped my feet but a smile appeared on my mouth when I heard a car pull up.

I stood up and jumped up and down waiting for her to open the door.

I listened for keys and when I heard key noises I opened the door and screamed.

"Mommy! I missed you! " I said with a smile and jumped onto her.

She put her arms around me and spoke. "I missed you to baby, did you have fun today?, she asked and I looked up at her.

"Yes! Daddy took me to eat a burger after school! "

"That's nice baby. " she said and patted my head before letting me go.

I hugged my bear again as I turned to her.

"Mommy." I said and she hummed.

"Uhm, can we go to the amusement park tomorrow? "

"Hunny I have to go to set tomorrow to. " she said with a sad expression.

"I know but! Can you just come with me? For at least an hour please... "

Right when mommy was going to talk daddy came "Hunny wasn't tomorrow's filming ending in the afternoon? " he said making me smile wide.

In the afternoon! Maybe we can even go to the aquarium!

Mommy sighed "Okay then... We can at 5." She said making me squeal in excitement.

"Promise to be here mommy! " I said to make sure.

She sighed and smiled. "I promise baby. "

"Daddy! I wanna wear this! " I said taking out my denim overalls.

"Okay, what shall we do with your hair princess? " he asked me.