Daddy's Beard

Age:4

Evelyn's POV:

I woke up in my bed and rubbed my eyes. I got out of bed taking my stuffed bunny with me and made my way to my parents room

"Mama..." I muttered while walking. When I reached their room I pushed the door since it was already slightly open and saw that mama and dada were still asleep. I giggled and climbed into their bed.

I layed in between them and played with my bunny. After a few minutes I got bored and huffed. I looked at both of them and they were still sleeping. I sat up and poked mama's cheek but she didn't wake up. So I turned to dada. For him I decided to lay on top of him and jump since dada was a deep sleeper.

I giggled as I got on top and started jumping up and down. "Ev..." He said opening his eyes. "Wake uppp." I said jumping. He sat up and looked at the clock. "Ev its only 7am..."

He said brushing the hair out my face. "Its late." I said getting off his lap and going to mama. I lifted the blanket off of her and lifted her shirt and hugged her.

She slowly opened her eyes and looked at me before looking at dada. 'Morning Ev..." I said playing with my hair."I feel very left out..." Dada said as he was staring at us.

Mama laughed and dada came and hugged us.

I giggled as we cuddled and my eyes started to get heavy...

Elizabeth's POV:

We were laying in bed and I felt Evelyn's breath even out. I looked at her face and she was fast asleep. "She's asleep again." I said strocking her hair. "Good we dont want a grumpy child." Robbie said with a chuckle and put the blanket over us and getting out of bed.

I looked up at him and asked "Are you shaving your beard today?" I asked as he mentioned it yesterday. "Yeah its starting to get long and its good to change once in a while." He said going into the bathroom.

I hummed and lifted Evelyn and put her on our bed as I got out pulling my shirt down. I went into the bathroom door and leaned on it. "Wonder how Evelyn's going to react." I said. Most of the time Robbie had a beard and Evelyn had only seen him without one when she was 1 or less so I highly doubt she would remember.

"Well I have no idea I guess we'll see when she wakes up." He said and I nodded.

Evelyn's POV:

I woke up and mama and dada's bed all alone. I sat up and heard some noises coming from downstairs. I got out of the hed rubbing my eyes as I went downstairs.

"Mama..." I said as I saw her. I walked up to her and lifted my arms. She smiled and picked me up balancing me on her hip. "Did you sleep well baby?" She asked as she was brushing my hair out my face. I hummed and put my arms around her neck. "Where's dada? " I asked as I didn't see him. "He's at the studio hun." I let out a tiny oh and layed my head on her shoulder.

"Now its time for you to eat breakfast, you slept for quite some time." Mama said as she sat me on t the chair. She took out 2 boxes of cereal and asked me which one I wanted. I pointed to the cinnamon toast crunch and she poured some into the bowl and put milk in it. "Thank you mama." I said as I started to eat. "Welcome baby. " she said as she kissed my head and went into the living room.

I finished my cereal and went to where mama was, she was sitting on the sofa I ran into her and she took me into her embrace and we watched TV together.

I was playing with my toys in the living room when mama said that dada was on his way. So I ran to the door when I heard noises from it.

The door opened and... "Dada?" I asked "hello Ev!" He said as he picked me up.

I put my hands on his cheeks and patted them. "Mama dada's beard is goneeee!" I said as I continued slapping dada's cheeks.

Dada laughed and pulled my hands away and walked into the living room. He sat on the sofa with me on his lap. "Do you like it Ev?" He asked. "Hm... Yeah it wont hurt when you kiss me!" I said putting my arms around his neck. He let out a chuckle and I saw mama come into the living room. "Hey Ev do you like daddy without or with his beard?" Mama said as she sat next to us.

I thought for a moment and looked at dada. "I like daddy with alittle beard... But dada looks handsome like this to." I said and mama let out a chuckle with a nod.

"Well then you  Robbie get changed while I set dinner up. " mama said taking my hand.

We ate dinner, and I went back into the living room where my tablet was to watch some videos. After a few hours mama came and picked me up saying I needed a bath.

I took my bath and mama dryed my hair. She put me to bed and read me a story to put me to sleep which didn't work.

"Hunny its late come on." She said. I looked up at her and pulled on her top which she understood what I meant. She got under the blanket with me and lifted her shirt and I layed my head on her and slowly drifted off to sleep.