Little sister

A request from -LUVBLACKHILL

Again Evelyn has passed away from a school shooting but has a alittle sister. Ima name her Layla and she shall be 11.

Layla

I sat next to mommy and daddys door as I listened to mommy cry.

Sister died.

She died, I don't know how or why but she did. Daddy said that she's in a better place now.

I wanted to see her but mommy said no. She hasn't looked at me properly. I don't know why, maybe it's because I look like sister.

But everytime she looked at me she would quickly look away.

Her and daddy have been very sad. But mommy is very sad.

She doesn't smile much or get out much. For the past week we've all ben at home. Daddy let me take a break from school.

Even though it's only been a week it hasn't been the same at all.

Before we all used to go downstairs and eat breakfast.

Mommy or daddy would drop us off and after school me and sister would either get picked up or we would walk home hand in hand.

When at home we would sometimes watch movies.

Though we fought over what to watch we always ended up enjoying our time.

But now.

We eat in silence at least before everyone takes their plates and go upstairs or just not eat.

I haven't seen mommys face in awhile since she doesn't look at me.

Nor does she come out of her room.

Daddys the only one leaving since he has to handle the situation with Evelyn and all.

I miss the old days. I miss Evelyn...

"Layla, I need to go and do something okay. I promise to bring home some take out. " daddy said as he left.

It's been a month since Ev died.

And we're all still the same. We're all still in mourning.

I sat in the living room for awhile drawing. The house was silent.

If Ev was still here it wouldn't be this silent. Mom would be somewhere doing her own thing and not locked in the bedroom.

She would be up in her room listening to music and singing along to it.

Our house doesn't have any life left in it. It doesn't feel the same.

It doesn't feel like home...

After I finished my drawing I looked at it. I tried to draw Evelyn but it didn't look much like it.

I picked my drawing up and went upstairs. I sat in front of mommy and daddys door.

I put my cheek on the wall and knocked on the door.

There wasn't an answer, I wasn't expecting one anyway.

"Mommy? " I mumbled. I stood up and tried to open the door but of course it was locked.

So I just sat there waiting for it to open.

I put my drawing next to me and put my legs closer to my chest. I rested my head on my knees and looked at my feet.

After an eternity I heard noises coming from the room then the door opening.

I looked up and saw mommy, standing in the doorway. Tried.