Hair

Age:5

Elizabeth

"Please make it cute mommy. " Evelyn said as she sat down so I could do her hair.

Evelyn has very long hair because she hasn't cut it or let us cut it ever since she was a baby.

So she has long dirty blond hair but the ends were a lighter shade of blonde.

I started to comb her hair as she patiently waited.

"I want a chocolate. Can I get a chocolate? " Evelyn said since we were actually getting ready to go to the super market.

"Of course if you behave you can. " I said and let go of her hair since I was done.

She went over to the mirror and smiled. "Thank you. "

Evelyn was holding onto my coat as I pushed the shoping cart.

We have been putting off grocery shopping for a week so out fridge is empty. As a result the cart is now half full even though were only half done.

"Mommy can I go get a chocolate now? " Evelyn asked impatiently.

"Okay, I'll be at the bread aisle. " I said. She nodded went over to the sweets aisle.

Evelyn

I went to get the sweet I wanted but there was alot of options. Usually daddy was the one who helped me pick but he wasn't here.

I pouted as I held 2 bars and finally chose one by the wrapping.

I choose the one with the strawberry on it.

I wa about to go back to mommy when I felt a tug on my hair.

I put my hand on my hair and turned around to see a boy.

"Don't touch it. " I said and backed away.

But he didn't listen and touched it again.

"Stop it. " I said and started to run to where mommy said she was.

I looked back and he was chasing me. "I just wanna touch it! " he yelled as he did.

"Well I said no! Only mommy and daddy are allowed to touch it without asking. Mommy! " I yelled when I finally spotted her.

She lifted her head and I crashed into her legs.

She picked me up and asked me what was wrong. "He pulled my hair! " I said and pointed at the kid who was looking up at us.

Mommy sighed and looked down at the kid with a smile. "Why'd you pull her hair? " she asked gently.

"I wanted to touch it! " he said being rude.

"Don't yell at mommy that's rude! "

Mommy was about to say something but a lady came over yelling his name.

"What are you doing here? " she asked as she looked down at him.

He pointed towards us and spoke. "She didn't let me touch her hair! " he said with a frown.

The lady looked up at us. "Can you let him touch your hair. " she said. But she didn't say it like she was asking.

"No!" I said and turned my head.

"I'm sorry I can't force her to... " Mommy said.

"But he wants to touch it. It's not like she'll die, come on. " the lady said.

I lifted my head when mommy backed away.

"Well excuse me but my daughter doesn't want him to. "

"Then tell her to. " the lady said like she was making a demand.

"I already told you I can't force her to. " I could feel mommy getting angry...

"She's being a brat you should discipline her more. "

"Excuse me but you don't even know me yet your judging my parenting? For your information she is a very well behaved child she just doesn't feel comfortable with letting people other then us to touch her hair. "

The lady scoffed.

"Come on let's go. " she said to her lid but he started to have a tantrum.

Mommy slowly backed away as the lady started to yell at mommy.

But she just walked away with the yelling boy in her arms with a angry expression later on.

Mommy sighed and looked at me. "Are you okay? " she asked and I nodded.

"They were rude. " I said with a pout and mommy agreed.

I looked at the cart and threw my chocolate inside.

Later that day I could hear mommy complain to daddy about the lady.