Perfect

Age:16

Evelyn was always the perfect daughter that everyone wanted. She was smart, pretty, popular and had great manners.

But sometimes her being such a perfect girl made others jealous of her. Resulting in them hurting her or trying to humiliate her.

But she always walked away with dignity. Even when they got her dirty she would fight back with a smile.

But those times were rare since they all only tried once then stopped.

But some things always hurt her. Like when people talk about her mom, or when she doesn't get perfect grades.

She was always close to having a mental breakdown when something didn't go as planned.

And every day after school she would go to the library to study but after she would always cry in the corner.

Letting all the emotions she hid go away. Letting it all out, she cries her heart out.

Her mother would always say that "You don't have to be perfect. "

But she had to be perfect. That's her image that she made. That's what she's been living up to ever since she was a little girl.

She couldn't be anything but perfect. She wouldn't allow herself to be anything but perfect.

So after her crying session at the library she would put sunglasses on the way home and before entering her house.

She would take out her mirror and put her mask on then smile saying.

"Perfect, I'm perfect... "

Then she would enter...

"Ev!? " her mother yelled.

"Yes! " she answered as she took her shoes off and nicely put them to the corner making sure their straight.

Her mother walked out and smiled. "How was school hunny? "

She smiled "It was perfect... "

Her mother knew something was always wrong but she hid that fact and she would just smile back at her.

At night she would always go to her daughter's room and lay in bed with her as her daughter falls asleep.

She would look at the sleeping pills beside her daughter's bed that always saddened her.

Evelyn could never get a good nights sleep without them. So she always came for comfort even when she does take her pills.

She would hug her and rub her hand. She would especially softly stroke her daughter's ring finger.

Her ring finger had a bump and blister on it from writing to much (I have it 😭) .

And she would always whisper "You don't have to be perfect. " in her ear.

She would kiss her forehead before leaving with a smile.

She hoped that one then. Her daughter could let go of her mask and be herself.

Be her happy self.

So she could actually see what kind of person Evelyn would be.

She didn't know what kind of person she actually was. She was always perfect even when she was a toddler. But she knew that.

There was someone deep in there that wasn't so perfect and has it's own flaws.

But Evelyn Arnett will always be perfect...

Ayyyy Idk what this is and it's short but it's something. So my school is going into the semester break in like 2 weeks so yayyyyyyy. I probably won't be going as much next week bcuz they stop taking attendance next week but I will go this week.

Bcuz attendance 😭.

Welp hope u enjoyed.