Presence

Age:16

Requested by  Lover_of_Wandanat

Evelyn's POV:

I sat in the practice room stretching with my pointe shoes on. We had a performance tonight and I got the lead role. Which I was very happy about since it was Giselle.

I had spent all my time practicing for it even before I got to role to obviously get it. I practiced to the point of my toe nail falling off. My mom was worried about me since I just kept practicing my ass off.

As a result we had a fight yesterday. About how I didn't even eat or sleep properly because of it. But the fight was worse then it should have been.

"You know I don't think she'll come. " I said to Alice. She looked at me as she did her middle split on the floor.

"My mom, my dad can't come because he's on tour and I had a fight with my mom yesterday so I highly doubt she'll come. " I said as I stood up and put my leg on the poll.

"Why would you think that? " "Well I just don't expect her to anymore. I used some harsh words to. "

"She'll come don't worry. " she said as she stood up. "Not coming would be a big loss. And the costume looks so pretty on you. I love how it twirls when you do the spins."

I smiled at her. Not long after our dance teacher came in so we could practice it.

I pecked through the curtains as everyone started to gather at the big and I mean big stage. But I couldn't spot my mom anywhere which was making me panic.

I really hope she comes. God I hope she comes.

"Evelyn, here your pointe shoes. " I heard Alica say to me. She went to get pur pointe shoes which was nice.

I went and sat as I put it on. "Is your mom here yet? " she asked as she prepared her toe for the shoe. I shook my head.

"Im seriously regretting calling her a word right now. " I suddenly said making her look at me.

"You called your mom a name? I never expected that from you. "

"I know! Okay I know. Look I was tired and stressed and because she was scolding me I just let out all my anger and stress on her. "

I said as finished putting my shoes on.

"What are the details though like why how mostly why? " she said as she got closer to me.

I frowned.

I got back home at around 11pm. I was just going to head directly to my room but my mom called for me. I entered the living room. "Yes? " I asked and she patted the empty spot next to her.

"What's wrong? " I asked. "Evelyn are you really asking me whats wrong? " she said and I gave her a confused expression.

She sighed "Evelyn you've been coming home as late as 1am. Honestly its a miracle that your here right now."

"Mom I'm fine. Look I need to do great this time okay. And there's a possibility of there being critic's I want to be perfect to get the opportunity to go to a great ballet School. " I was about to stand up and leave but she pulled me down.

"I know Ev I know but can you take a break. A small one. Like tomorrow just take a small break and not go to practice or even school. "

I just scoffed and stood up but she kept pulling me back down. "Mom! I need to practice if I mess up my life will be over. " I said and stood up. She also stood up.

"Evelyn don't be so stressed you won't mess up it'll all be fine. But you truly need to rest. "

"Mom the only time I'll rest is the noght before the performance. So I don't mess up because I'm sleepy. Or tired or whatever. "

I heard her sigh. "Evelyn, its not only for your physical health or mental health your grades are starting to go rock bottom to. " she said and I turned to her.

"My grades are fine. " I told her. She sighed and tool the paper that was on the coffee table.

"Then what is this Evelyn Arnett? " she said. She handed it to me and it was my stupid report card.

They were all Fs and Ds. I bit my lip.

"Evelyn I know its important to you but you really need to take a little break. " she said as she sat back onto the sofa.

I was already on edge because I was tired and sleepy and her lecture was just making me much more frustrated.

"Mom, its my life okay. Don't be a bitch and stick your nose in my business. " When I finished my sentence her eyes widened and I immediately regretted what I said.

I turned away and just ran up to my room.

I shut the door and threw my bag onto the floor. "For fucks sake! " I yelled in frustration.

"You should be thankful that your moms so gentle. If it was mine I would have a slipper thrown at me. " Alice said. I nodded in agreement.

It was about to start to everyone went into formation. I watched as the first part went on.

I started getting nervous as my appearance was getting closer and closer.

When it was almost my time I took a deep breath and opened the door.

"Evelyn! " I heard Alice yell as I got off stage. The play was now over and the second I did get off stage I started to cry. "What? What's wrong you did great. " Alice said.

"I don't think she's here. " I said in between my tears.

"Who Ev? " "My mom who else. " I said in a duh tone.

She laughed at me. "She is here Ev didn't you see her. " she said and I looked at her with wide eyes.

"She is? " I said shocked and turned to look. I scanned the audience and spotted her.

A smile went to my face. "Come on let's go change then you can go to your mom." Alice said and I nodded and ran.

"Mom! " I yelled as I saw her outside. She turned to me and smiled. I ran up and hugged her almost making her fall.

"You came. " I said with a big smile. "Why wouldn't I Ev? " she said as she tucked some hair behind my ear.

"I called you a bitch so I didn't expect you to come. " she laughed.

"I am angry about that but I know how important this is for you so I came. " she said.

"Im sorry! I promise I'll be good I'll rest and try to get good grades. " I said and she nodded.

"You did great hunny. " she said as we started walking. "I know my teacher said that to. " I said...

Hope this was good 😅