1st of July

Age: 11

Elizabeth

"I'll be gone on the 1st, like always. " I told Robbie as we ate.

He nodded but after abit he looked up at me "Where? "

I stopped eating. "Just somewhere. "

"I know that but where? " he asked again.

"Let's not talk about this. " I said and stood up with my plate.

The 1st of July

I woke up at around 5am and started getting ready to leave.

It's around a 2 to 3 hour drive to go to where I'm going but it's all worth it in the end.

I parked my car and looked at the back which had a present. I got out the car and took the present from the back seat.

I looked at the building in front of me and walked towards the door.

When the person in front saw me she smiled. "She's in the library. " she said and I nodded.

I walked to the library and saw her sitting down reading a book. I smiled and walked over to her, she lifted her head and smiled.

"Mommy! " she said loudly making people shush her. She put the book down and stood up. She wrapped her arms around my neck and I picked her up with the present still in my hands.

We left the library and I went into her room which she shared with other kids.

But it was currently empty since most were at school. She always stayed home at this time of year as per my request.

It's her birthday...

I sat her on her bed and knelt down in front of her. But she didn't let go of me. "I missed you so much mommyy! " she said with a tiny sob.

"I missed you to, now let go of mommy so she can see you face." I said and she slowly let go. I looked at her little face.

Her big green eyes. I put my hand on her cheek and wiped her tears. "You've grown so much my angel. " I said and she sniffed.

"And you look very pretty like always mommy. " she said still crying.

I chuckled and held my tears back, I got closer to her and gave her a kiss on the forehead.

"Happy 11th birthday my angel. " I said as I gave her her present.

She took it and smiled "Thank you mommy. " she said.

"Open it. "

She slowly unwrapped it and smiled. She took the lid of the small box and saw a necklace inside.

Her eyes lit up. "Whoaa, mommy it's so pretty. " she said with a big smile.

It was a gold heart necklace. The heart was tiny. "Mommy can you put it on me? " she asked and I nodded.

She gave me the box and I took the necklace out. She turned around and lifted her long blond hair. I put it on her and she turned back around and looked at it as it was around her neck.

"I'm never taking it out! Never ever. " she said.

I just looked at her with a smile.

But then her smile dropped. "What's wrong? "