Chapter 76

Hashbrowns, bacon, some shredded cheese with several fried eggs on the side, and a bit of ketchup for the potatoes. It was already plated up and she was about to carry it to the table so she could start cutting up fruit for the two Omegas when Jimin being chased by Tae ran into her. The food went flying off the plate and landed in the glass bowl that she was going to put the fruit in.

Jimin looked two seconds away from crying, so she did the only thing she could think of. She played it off, she grabbed a smaller bowl and dumped the food into it then carried it to Joon. When he looked at her like she was crazy she shrugged, "it's called a pile up and they are a staple in Texas. Try it, it's delicious."

It ended up being his favorite thing and anytime something important came about in their lives he wanted that to eat. His comfort food. She finished up his food and placed it in front of him, his smile was so sweet and soft, his dimples just barely showing. He ate it quickly, not even letting it cool down. When he was done, he didn't look up, still staring at the bowl in front of him. 

"Joonie, look at me." He wouldn't and she knew why, he was crying. Her hands went to his face, her thumbs brushing away his tears, her fingers went under his ears to thread through his hair. "Please love, please."

His dark eyes looked at her, they held so much sadness but they also held love. "We need to talk."

"We do," she whispered.

"Are.. Are you planning on coming back home?" She looked at him with a small frown, he started to panic, "I'm sorry I came here unannounced. I didn't want to bug you, it's just I was getting sicker and I ended up in the hospital."

"Joon, please calm down."

He stood up, his chair crashing to the floor behind him. "I can't. My mate left me for four months. While you might have been fine, living it up in Paris, I was back home suffering. You left me alone to take care of everyone, all because you were scared."

"You don't understand," she whispered, tears threatening to fall from her eyes. "You'll never understand."

"I just want you, I don't even care about pups anymore. These past four months taught me that, I can survive without pups, Mandy, but I can't survive without you." He was on his knees in front of her, hugging her against him as his tears soaked through her shirt.

She ran her fingers through his hair, gently trying to soothe him. "Babe, I'm sorry. I never meant to hurt you."

"But you did," he whispered with a lot of anger.

"But I did." They stayed that way, him crying into her stomach while she tried her best to comfort him. "I might be pregnant," his body froze as he looked up at her. "We were both in our ruts last night and I haven't been on any birth control for months."

"Does that scare you?"

"More than I care to admit, I don't know how to be a mother Joon, but I know you'd be a wonderful Dad and that's enough to get me past it." She reached down and pulled him up, "come back to bed, we're both exhausted and I've missed you too much."

He picked his mate up and laid her down on the bed, she was only wearing his shirt and he was just in his boxers. It was nothing to remove the two articles of clothing and connect their bodies as one. It was slow, they were in no hurry. They weren't in the frenzy of the rut, or the elation of seeing each other for the first time in months. They could take their time, his hands ran up her body until their fingers were linked together. 

And when they came, they never looked away, they looked deep into each other's eyes and whispered how much they loved each other. Then they fell asleep with their arms wrapped around one another, in complete bliss. They didn't solve all their problems, but they can be dealt with another day.

"Jin, I'm tired. You've dragged me around this entire city and now it's almost dark and I want to sleep. There is a thing called jet lag you know and I'm an Omega." She was whining she knew that, but she didn't care. She was exhausted beyond belief.

"Just one last stop I promise," he was grinning and she couldn't figure out why.

"Fine, but this better be worth it," she grumbled.

She looked up, she had to admit that seeing the Eiffel tower all lit up was beautiful, but she wasn't sure if it was worth losing her sleep for. "Kris you know I love you right?" She hummed but wouldn't look at him since she was still staring at the tower.

Jin frowned, this wouldn't do. He needs her to look at him, "Omega," he growled. She turned to look at him with an annoyed face, before it turned to bewilderment as she took in the fact that her mate was down on one knee holding a ring, "I know that you are already my mate, but I was wondering if you'd do me the honor of being my wife?"

"You want to marry me?"

He snorted, "obviously, otherwise I wouldn't have asked. So do you want to marry me?"

"Obviously, otherwise I wouldn't have marked you."

"So is that a yes?"

"That's a yes," he placed the ring on her finger and she cocked her head a bit looking at it curiously. It wasn't a typical engagement ring that's for sure.

Jin stood up and looked worried for once, "I know it's not normal, but since diamond is your birthstone I wanted to have my birthstone in there as well." It was a Princess cut diamond surrounded by small circular blue topazes, set in platinum.

"Jin it's beautiful, I love it." Cheers went out around them and she snorted, "we are probably the 10th couple to get engaged here today."

"Jesus, your sister is never going to let me live this down."

"Well between this and the bathtub, you just keep giving her material."