Chapter 80

Hobi smiled at her, he felt so bad for her but she wouldn't let them help. Lord knows they've been trying forever. The only thing she'll let them do is feed her and that's only if she can pay. She never has enough to cover the actual costs, but neither of the owners care. "Did you want me to pick as usual or do you want something in particular?"

"You can pick Hobi, you know I trust you."

"Perfect, I'll be back." He turned to walk towards the kitchen, "hey can you make the chicken parmesan, a salad, and maybe some garlic knots as well?"

The chef rolled his eyes, "feeding that freeloader again?"

Hobi growled, "she's pregnant and I'm not even sure she's an adult. She doesn't look a day over 16. So yes if she trusts us enough to come in here then I'm going to feed her like any decent person should."

He turned and left the kitchen before he punched the chef, he never liked that guy. Like what's his problem anyway, it's not like her meals come out of his pocket. Jin and Hobi both cover the costs. "He's a good chef, just a terrible human being."

He looked at the Alpha, "why did you stop cooking? We wouldn't have to have him if you'd cook."

Jin sighed, "I have a new wife at home, when I was cooking I was here for 12+ hours a day. I can't do that to her."

"I know," Hobi sighed, "he's just such a fucking dick. She's a child and what does he care if we feed her?"

The Alpha's large hand clapped down on the Beta's shoulder, "I'll look for someone else if it'll make you feel better?"

"It would, now hand me some of that chocolate cake you made." Hobi gathered up all of the food for Tessa, he started dishing it out onto her table as well as a glass of milk and a glass of water. "Here you go my dear, if you need anything else please let me know."

She pulled out a $5 bill and slid it across the table, "this is all I have."

Hobi gasped, hand clutching his chest "how is it that you always have the exact amount of money as your meal costs? Like I never tell you the price yet you always guess it perfectly. Are you perhaps a witch or a psychic?" 

She giggled and it warmed Hobi's heart, "I can't thank you enough for everything you've done for me. I'm not sure why you've helped me so much, but you've saved me in more ways than you know." Hobi didn't realize it, but that would be the last time he'd ever see Tessa.

Jk looked at Joon, worry was etched all over his face. "It'll happen, just give it time."

Joon sighed, "she ran when I wanted pups, now I finally got her to agree and I can't get her pregnant. I.. She can't run again Kook, I wouldn't be able to handle it. I, I legit almost died last time. I can't let her down and I feel like I'm not enough of an Alpha for her. What if she wants to break our mate bond if I can't give her pups?"

The Beta wrapped his arms around the distressed Alpha, "do you know how I know that she would never break your bond?"

"How," he whispered so softly.

"So Tae was spying on Kat and Kris," Jk chuckled.

"His favorite pastime," Joon said with a smile.

"Yes, and he was listening to a conversation they were having about your mate." At that Joon perked up a bit, eager to hear what the Beta was going to say, "does Mandy sleep in your bed with no covers over her?"

Joon thought about it, "yeah she literally passes out on top of the comforter and I have to cover her up every night when I go to bed."

"Well apparently that's like her ultimate sign of trust for her, she never sleeps around people without a cover on. It's like her protection, so if she sleeps around you with no covers that means that she trusts you completely. Like Kat said she's never slept without a cover around her and they are soulmates."

"What?" Joon was flabbergasted, "you are kidding right?"

Jk scratched the back of his neck, "I mean I'm just telling you what Tae told me, he was eavesdropping so this is like second or third-hand information I guess. But you could always ask the girls if you wanted to know more."

Joon was in awe, "she's always slept with no covers around me, like ever since the very first night we slept in the same bed together."

Jk clapped his hand on the Alpha's shoulder and squeezed it a bit, "see, you are stuck with that crazy Alpha." Joon couldn't stop smiling, he was so happy right now.

"Oh my God, today couldn't get any better if it tried."

Everyone looked at Mandy as she was staring at what she just pulled out of the envelope that was sent to her, "what's going on babe?" Joon asked as he walked over to her, he looked at what was in her hand, "tickets and backstage passes to Ikon, why is that so great? You don't even like them."

"Three, two, one..."

"Did you say Ikon tickets?" Kris screeched as she ran towards her sister and snatched the tickets out of her hands.

"And backstage passes, best day ever."

"I still don't get why you are so excited," Joon grumbled.

Mandy smirked, "three, two, one.."

"Jinnie, look what Mandy got. Backstage passes and tickets to see Ikon for her birthday."

Mandy was grinning like a fool and Jin exploded, he was yelling and ranting in Korean and Mandy couldn't stop laughing. "Best day ever, the gift that keeps on giving."

"You are evil," her mate snickered.

"You aren't going," Jin yelled as his shoulders were pumping with his breath going crazy.

Kat and Mandy were rolling their eyes while Kris was pouting, "she is, it's my birthday."

"Yeah, if I can go 80 months pregnant then she can go Jin," Kat grumbled.

"You are like not even 8 months pregnant calm down," Jin huffed.