Chapter 85

Life with a pup was.. interesting. Kat has never in her entire life been this tired. It's been two weeks since Hobi brought their little Landon home and while he is the sweetest pup known to man, he also screams nonstop. No one can figure out what's wrong exactly. 

He's only happy when he's laying on someone's chest, with his face smushed into someone's neck, right up against their scent gland. It doesn't matter who it is, as long as it's one of the members of the pack. The only exception is the two pregnant Omegas. He has no issues with Kris, so it has to be the fact that they are pregnant that is putting him off.

He doesn't like humans, he will wail uncontrollably if a human tries to hold him, which made all of the ladies at Kat's school huff in annoyance. Because they all swore that babies loved them and they knew just the trick to get him to stop crying. But literally, there's only one way to stop him, and that's to hold him on their chest.

Kat went in search of her pup, Jk had stolen him just to rub it in Tae's face that he can hold him. Tae and Jimin were both pouting, they wanted to snuggle with the pup, but as soon as they got close to him he'd start to cry more. She walked into the living room and on one side of the couch were Jimin and Tae and they were glaring at the sleeping Beta and pup on the other side.

"Once you have your pups you should be able to hold him."

Jimin huffed, "once I have mine, I'll have two to deal with. I just want to snuggle with him now."

Kat went to pick him up from Jk, who whined about as much as his mate usually does. "I just got us both to sleep, go away."

"Kook, he needs to eat. If you don't give him back, then you have to feed him."

His eyes popped open, "I can do that."

Tae jumped up and waddled towards the kitchen, "I'll make his bottle. Just give me a few."

Kat sat down at the table and Mandy slid her a root beer, as soon as Jk flipped him over to hold him in his arms just waiting for the bottle, Landon started wailing again at the top of his lungs. "Look, I'll fully admit that I don't know shit about kids, let alone babies. I have zero maternal instincts, but even I know that that's not normal."

A long sigh left Kat's lips, "I don't know what's wrong. He's literally only happy when he's laying on our chests and he can smell us. But what if that's a wolf thing? Maybe it's normal, it's not like I know anyone to even ask."

"It's times like this that I wish we had parents we could go to."

The Beta looked at her best friend, "same. Too bad we can't Google it."

Kris walked in and frowned at the crying pup who was giving Jk hell by turning his head in any direction that wasn't where the bottle was being held. Tae started to tear up, "did I make his bottle wrong? I followed what Kat told me to do. How can I take care of my own pups if I can't even make a bottle?"

He was starting to panic and it sent everyone into a spiral, Kris ran over to Tae and wrapped her arms around him. "Tae, it's not you." She shifted them around so she could look at Kat but still hold onto Tae, "I think it's the formula. I think we should try out some different ones and see if he has that reaction with them."

Her mouth dropped open and she looked at Mandy with a silly look on her face, "could it seriously be that easy? Are we really that dumb?"

The Alpha shrugged her shoulders, "well if it is that easy then let's no longer be dumb and fix it. Want to make a Target run?"

Kat looked down at her clothes, Hobi's shorts and shirt that were covered in spit-up and God knows what else. Her hair was in a messy bun and let's not talk about how long it's been since she showered. "Umm, I need to take a hazmat shower before I'm seen in public." She was picking at the shirt and crinkling her nose in disgust, "but Hobi is on his way home soon, send him a text and tell him to pick up one of each kind and we'll go from there."

It turns out, Landon needs some super sensitive formula, and once he got that the screaming stopped. He still preferred to snuggle on their chests for his naps, but the screaming had stopped. As long as there were no humans around that is. 

"Jimin are you okay?"

"No," he panted. Jimin was laying in his nest rolling back and forth, he didn't go with Yoongi to work today because he didn't feel good. So Kris has been checking on him every 30 minutes, he was sweating and panting. If his very pregnant belly wasn't there, one would assume he was in heat. 

And that's when it hit her, "Jimin I think you are in labor."

"I.. I can't be. I still have a little over a month to go."

"Jimin, it's twins. It's normal for them to come early. Come on let's get you to the clinic so we can check you out"

She tried to help him stand up, but he was in too much pain and she wasn't strong enough to carry him. Tae was out of the question since he was pregnant too, and the only one left at home is Mandy. Kat went with Landon to see Hobi, the pup doesn't like being away from his parents for too long. "Sissy," Kris yelled. 

Only for a very panicked Alpha to burst into the room. "What, what's wrong?"

"I think Jimin might be in labor. I want to get him to the clinic but I can't carry him."

Her mouth dropped open, "oh shit we need to call Yoongi."

"Wait," Jimin yelled before he screamed bloody murder. "Let's make sure before he breaks the speed record to get here."