Chapter 18.

Y/n POV:

I woke up Sunday morning energetic and excited. I got out of bed and did my morning routine before I left my room.
"Loki?" I knocked softly on his door but to which I got no reply. I frowned and opened his door before sticking my head into his room to find his bed made and no Loki.
That's odd. I thought before walking down to the kitchen. I went into the kitchen to see not only Steve but Loki?
Loki and Steve were standing across from each other talking quietly,
"Guys?" I said softly whilst making my presence known as I walked into the room, watching their heads snap in my direction.
"Good morning love" Loki said quietly, I took note that this was the first time he has ever called me a pet name in front of someone.
"Is everything okay?" I said slowly whilst turning to cap,
"Everything's fine y/n, have a good day" Steve smirked whilst looking in Loki's direction before jogging from the room. I titled my head in confusion as my eyes landed in Loki,
"What was that all about?" I frowned whilst walking over to the fridge and pulling out the milk,
"Do not worry yourself darling" Loki said coming around the kitchen bench to stand beside me,
"That doesn't help" I pouted whilst getting out some cereal and pouring it into my bowl,
"It's a surprise" Loki grinned with a mischievous glint in his eyes.
"Is this surprise somehow going to land one of us in prison?" I laughed,
"Of course not Angel" he cooed,
"Then what is it!!" I said with a mouth full of cereal. Loki sighed and took a step closer to me, so now he was towering over me.
"Your not going to let this go are you" he said with a raised eye brow,
"No" I chirped,
"Fine, we are going on a picnic" Loki said whilst running a hand through his hair,
"Oh my gosh! Really?" I said excitedly,
"Yes, that was what I was discussing with Captain Rodgers" Loki said with a soft smile,
"Just you and me" I said softly,
"Just us" Loki said with a smirk,
"Thanks lokes! I'll go get dressed!" I said before running out of the living room and up towards my room, as I was running I heard Loki's faint chuckle from behind me.

I ran into my room, panting for breath but my eyes glittering with excitement. I haven't been on a picnic in ages, what to wear?
I stripped myself of my comfy pjs and dressed into a floral body dress with some white sneakers and to top is off a matching handbag. I smiled at my reflection whilst running a brush through my uncooperative hair. After 5 minutes of complete struggle I gave up and decided to wear it in a stylish high ponytail. After I was dressed I jogged down the hall to Nat's room and walked straight in without knocking.
Nat let out a girlish shriek as I burst into her room as she lay awake watching TV in bed.
"JEEZ you scared me!" Nat said whilst placing a hand over her heart to calm herself,
"Loki's taking me on a picnic!" I squealed like a teenage girl, well technically I am.
"Omg! Omg! Omg!" Nat squealed jumping out of bed and running over to me. We proceeded to both jump in excitement until we had tired ourselves,
"I love the outfit it's so...." Nat said assessing my outfit,
"Cute?" I asked hopefully,
"No more like I'm innocent but hot as hell" Nat winked whilst slapping my butt.
"You are so bad" I giggled whilst shaking my head at her shenanigans,
"Bad but good now go get him" Nat giggled,
"But wait, what are you going to do alone all day?" I asked concerned,
"I'm going on a mission for Fury but I'll be back by sundown" Nat smiled,
"Kick ass Natty" I smirked,
"You know it babes, Now go get some Asgardian dick-" Nat was cut off but a sharp knock at the door. I spun around and opened it before Nat could and found myself looking up into the eyes of Loki.
"Thought I might find you here" he smiled cheekily,
"Bye Nat" I blushed turning around to wave at Nat, knowing full well Loki heard what Nat had said.
"Bye y/n" she laughed whilst flopping back into her bed with a smirk.
I turned back to Loki after shutting the door and noticed he had a picnic basket and blanket.
"I am so excited already" I said softly,
"As am I" he laughed whilst holding up the basket. We both chuckled before walking side by side to the elevator. A quick elevator flight down 77 floors and we arrived in the lobby. Loki coaxed me out of the clean glass lobby and into the streets where a green Tesla was waiting out the front.
"You never cease to surprise me Laufeyson" I said turning around to face him,
"What can I say darling" he grinned whilst taking my hand and leading me to the car before helping me inside of it. I noticed I was sitting in the passenger seat and before I could get out Loki was sitting in the driver's seat.
"Lokes but you can't-" I began but cut myself short when I saw Loki start up the engine of the electric car.
"I have received lessons from Captain Rodgers for the past couple weeks" Loki said nonchalantly whilst pulling off the curb and beginning to exit the city.
"Wow" I mumbled, watching him manoeuvre his way through the traffic and around the steering wheel.
"Impressed?" Loki smirked,
"Slightly.." I teased with a wink, making Loki roll his eyes playfully.
After 10 minutes of driving I turned to stare at Loki,
"I can feel you staring Angel" Loki said sounding amused,
"Lemme guess your not even going to tell me where we're going?" I guessed,
"Not a chance" Loki laughed, I huffed and sat back in my seat,
"You better be careful lokes or I will get used to being treated like a princess" I sighed with a smile,
"I would wish for nothing more to spoil you little one" Loki said with a serious face. I chuckled and turned my attention to the scenery out the window, and watched as the tall sky scarpers slowly faded to vast open country side. I began to fidget with my hands whilst feeling my nerves grow. I have a major mathematics test tomorrow which I have to study for tonight. I have been procrastinating all last week and got to wrapped up in my amazing weekend that I totally forgot about it until now.
Loki saw this and with one hand on the steering wheel, he reached across the car and picked up my hand form my lap and held it. I blushed violently as my stomach swarmed with butterflies, but secretly I greatly appreciated the sense of comfort this small action brought. With one of my hands interlocked with the God of Mischief my worries faded away, just like the city we were driving away from.
Another 10 minutes into the drive I got a message on my phone. I dropped Loki's hand to pick up my phone and saw Loki's lips pout. I casted my eyes down to the screen to see a messaged from Thor.

From Thor
Hello lady y/n, friendly reminder not to have sex with my brother in public. Thank you, take care.

A giant smile over took my face as I typed out a response.

To Thor
We shall try to contain ourselves, thanks for the concern. Bye Thor

Loki looked over at me with a frown,
"Who was that?" Loki said grumpily, probably because someone else made me smile,
"It was your brother" I said with a giggle whilst tucking my phone into my handbag. Loki's frown deepened and jealousy washed over his features,
"What did he say?" Loki said with a clenched jaw,
"He told us to not have sex in public" I laughed whilst watching Loki's face relax and also smile, all jealousy and sadness gone from his face.
"No promises" Loki chuckled before I whacked him over the back of the head, playfully but enough to make a god whine.
"Owwww" he smiled,
"What?" I asked,
"You trying to hurt me is cute" loki said whilst taking his eyes off the road for a second,
"Whatever" I laughed whilst pulling my dress down as it has seemed to ride up my thigh ever so slightly. This caught the attention of Loki,
"You look absolutely stunning today" loki said whilst reaching over and interlocking our hands again but this time resting mine on the gearshift.
"You look handsome" I smiled at his tight fitted black shirt and navy blue pants. He grinned at me before pulling the car over in the middle of the country side,
"We're here" Loki said with a smile before jumping out of the car. Before I could open my own door, Loki was somehow on the other side of the car in record time and opening my door. I thanked him whilst taking his hand to step out of the Tesla and straightening out my outfit. I took a deep breath and sureveyed my surroundings....this is heaven.