Chapter 79.

Y/n POV:

I woke up with a start, my eyes flying open and my hands clutching my stomach. Pain was the only feeling registering, as it felt like someone was punching me from the inside. It was early morning and Loki was still fast asleep beside me. I sat up, still holding my stomach and slid off the bed. Lokis arms that were wrapped around my waist now laid flat as I crept out of his hold.

I then hobbled over to Lokis bathroom, snatching up my toiletries bag on the way. I shut my eyes tightly as I flicked the bathroom light on after I had shut the door. After my eyes adjusted to the light I walked over to the toilet and sat down. Come to find out I was starting my period, and the intense pain that was coursing through my stomach were just cramps. After going through my hygiene routine I sat back onto the toilet with the lid down and leaned my elbows on my knees and put my head in my hands. I sighed as a familiar hormonal feeling washed over me. I felt tears begin to sting my eyes and I didn't make an attempt to stop them. In the privacy of Lokis bathroom I let the tears fall down my cheeks, silently crying.

I didn't know why I was crying, I had absolutely nothing to logically to cry for but here I was. Perched on Lokis toilet, letting my emotions go as my menstrual cycle began. I then began to let my thoughts race. I pondered about how old Loki is, and how we are thousands of years apart. What will happen when I grow old? When I'm 95 will Loki still be looking this young and handsome, only ageing a few hundred years?

A soft knock sounded through the door of the bathroom making my thoughts stop.
"Darling?" A tired Loki called,
"Yes" I said, mustering a voice that sounds like I haven't just been crying.
"May I enter?" Loki asked his voice not panicked or angry but unusually calm,
"No" I said, my voice wavering slightly. I couldn't let Loki see me like this, distraught, puffy eyes and crying.
"Why baby? Is everything okay in there?" Loki said softly, why was he acting so calm? It was almost like he knew that I was on my period.
"I'm fine, I'm just on my period" I said whilst keeping my voice neutral.
"Darling please let me in" Loki begged, I sighed whilst putting my head in my hands and looking down.
"You can come in." I said, my voice cracking slightly as a quiet sob shook through my body. I looked up through my eyelashes at the sound of the door opening and made eye contact with Loki. He was still in his pyjamas and his hair was mused but when his eyes made contact with mine, shock and sadness entered them. Loki was instantly on his knees before me, I let my head fall back into my hands.

"Y/n, look at me baby" Loki said desperately making fresh tears slide down my face. I childishly shook my head, signalling a 'no'.
"Please angel" Loki whispered. I sighed and looked up, Loki was on his knees with his hands on my thighs, rubbing soft circles in a comforting manner. I looked deep into his emerald eyes, and Loki tilted his head to the side slightly. It felt like I was being studied like a book. I couldn't hide anything from him, especially not in this state.

"Darling, are you okay?" Loki asked gently, I pondered his question before answering truthfully,
"No.." I whispered whilst reaching my hand up to brush away the tears that were clouding my vision.
"Are you going to tell me why you're crying my love?" Loki questioned,
"I don't really know" I mumbled, suddenly feeling embarrassed and inferior sitting before this God. Loki seemed to realise what was going on.
"Princess it is more than okay to feel sad sometimes, and it is okay not to know why your upset. But what is not okay is if you not communicating that with me, because my soul purpose is to take care of you. And I can't do that when you won't let me darling" Loki said whilst reaching out and cupping my cheek. I felt captured in his spell, more at ease as his thumb began to swipe away my tears one by one.

"But I don't want you to see me like this" I mumbled with a shake to my voice,
"Clearly I haven't made my point clear. I love you y/n. So much that I want all of you, every single bit. I want your bad moods, your sad days, your pain, your struggles, your insecurities, your doubts and your worries. When we first began courting, I didn't want you just on your good days and your good moods because that's not who you are. I want you whole, and everything that comes with that." Loki said whilst looking deep into my eyes once more.