Chapter 37.

Y/n POV:

I woke in the most comfortable position I have ever been in. I smiled as I felt someone's hands around my waist holding me securely to a cool yet strong body and chest. I leaned further into their chest when I snapped my eyes open and sat up. I turned my head to find Loki sleeping beside me with his arms still wrapped around my waist. I blew a sigh of relief when I realised it wasn't someone else and slowly calmed my heart rate. I checked my phone on my bed side table to find it was 1pm. I slowly laid back down as not to wake Loki and tried to piece together what happened earlier. I remember healing the avengers and then not feeling well.

Then a rush of memories flooded back into my brain, collapsing, the medical appointment with Bruce and Loki making me drink water. I rubbed my head at how embarrassed I felt that Loki had to see care for me when I was in such a vulnerable state, I could've said anything but I can't remember.

Eventually Lokis arms adjusted around me and he slowly opened his eyes. He turned to look at me to find me already staring at him with a small smile.
"Darling, you're awake?" Loki said whilst sitting up on his elbow and assessing my body language,
"Hi" I said shyly,
"Are you uncomfortable with me sleeping in here Angel?" Loki said with concern and beginning to sit up,
"Oh no of course not I just am a little embarrassed that's all" I said whilst lowering my head,
"Hey, why are you embarrassed my love?" Loki asked whilst scooting closer and wrapping his arms around me,
"Well because you had to babysit me when I was in such a delusional state, I'm sorry" I said softly,
"Do not and I repeat do no apologise for being sick darling, and I was more than happy to take care of you, you are mine to protect after all." Loki said, a little possessively at the end,
"Thanks lokes" I smiled whilst leaning in and hugging my god.
"Are you feeling okay?" Loki asked whilst pulling my body on top of his,
"Never better" I sighed making him chuckle.

I nuzzled my head into his neck and he laid on his back, pulling me to lie on his chest. I remembered the last time I laid on top of him like this was when I woke him up that day we went to the beach, I also remembered how badly I wanted to kiss him but I held back cause I thought he didn't like me like that.
Boy was I wrong.

"What are you thinking about baby?" Loki asked whilst locking his arms around my lower waist. I smirked and pulled my head out of his neck to look into his eyes,
"I was just thinking about the last time I laid on you like this" I said with a slight blush coating my cheeks,
"Oh yeah I remember, and what about it cutie?" Loki said whilst cupping my jaw in his large hand,
"And how badly I wanted to kiss you" I said whilst my blush deepened as I struggled to keep eye contact with the smirking god under me.
"Well why think about it when you can?" Loki smirked whilst pouting his lips for a kiss. I smiled and leaned down to kiss his lips but at the last second swerved and kissed his cheek. Loki frowned and pointed to his lips as I giggled mischievously.
"Your playing a dangerous game little one" Loki growled seductively,
"Okay okay you win" I surrendered whilst leaning down and kissing his lips softly. His mouth tasted like cool mint and he kissed back hungrily, like I was something he was craving.

As I was beginning to run out of breath Loki pulled away and sat up with me now in his lap.
"You need to eat." Loki said firmly whilst picking me up off his lap and standing me up beside my bed.
"I'm actually not that hungry" I said before Loki gave me a look that made me shut my mouth real quick.
Loki made my bed but as I came over to help he refused,
"Just because I was a little sick doesn't mean I'm totally incapable" I mumbled,
"A little sick? Darling you collapsed from extreme dehydration and lack of food" Loki said scoldingly,
"I'm sorry I have just been really wrapped up in getting ready for the party and recovering from HYDRA that I just didn't get round to eating" I said whilst biting my lip. Loki finished making my bed and walked over to me,
"Don't bite your lip" Loki said whilst grabbing my jaw softly. I obediently stopped and looked up at him through my eye lashes, Loki sucked in a breath before leaning down and crashing his lips to mine. I closed myself eyes and kissed back but Loki quickly pulled away,
"There mine to bite" Loki smirked before extending back to his full height and walking me out of my room. I blushed at his comment whilst readjusting my sweater to distract myself. Lokis hand found it's way to my lower back as he guided me out of my room and downstairs to the kitchen.
When we entered the kitchen we found Thor demolishing a box of pop tarts.
"Hey Thor" I chimed whilst waving at the god,
"Oh hello you two" Thor said happily, at the sight of us together,
"Are you feeling well y/n?" Thor asked concerned,
"Much better I'm just here to grab some food" I smiled at him before wandering over to the cupboards in search of a light snack.
"No my love you need a proper meal" Loki said whilst steering me over to sit down at the island bench next to Thor. I sighed, knowing there was no arguing with his stubbornness and accepted it.
I looked up at Loki to find him looking a little bit lost in the kitchen.
"Brother would you like some assistance in cooking for Lady y/n?" Thor offered. I could tell Loki was biting back the annoyance of seeking help from his brother but it was for me.
"That would be appreciated yes" Loki said with a sigh,
"You guys are going to too much trouble just let me order something" I reasoned with the brothers,
"No." They both said making me sigh,
"We can cook the pasta! Lady Natasha taught me to make the pasta the other night" Thor said with child like glee. I stifled a giggle at the pronunciation of 'the pasta' and watched as Thor began to dump out ingredients.

For the next 40 minutes I watched Thor and Loki work together to cook me a meal and it was both funny and cute. I could see Loki was opening up to Thor more and gradually enjoying their little cooking lesson.
"Maybe I should make you two cook for me every night" I laughed as they both looked at me with a foreign expression. I burst out laughing to the point of I was wheezing for breath,
"My love are you alright?" Loki said with a smile,
"I'm fine" I said catching my breath with a massive smile. Loki then continued to listen to Thor's instructions as to how to boil the pasta and cook the sauce until they had served up enough food to feed all the avengers. I could see it on Thors face that this is what it must've been like years ago in their child hood. I smiled softly that I was slowly bringing these two back together.

Peter Parker was the first to enter the kitchen, I didn't see him this morning so he must've gone with either Ned or MJ home as not raise suspicion as to why he was staying late at the avengers tower.
"Hey guys, hey y/n are you okay I heard about what happened this morning" Peter said whilst walking over to me,
"Hey yeah I'm fine" I reassured him, he smiled at me before turning to the Gods,
"Anyways what's for dinner?" Peter said whilst I stood up and walked over to set the table for all of the avengers.
"The pasta!" Thor said enthusiastically making Peter frown,
"They cooked pasta" I corrected for a confused Peter who then realised,
"Oh thanks guys" He smiled whilst helping me set the table.

Eventually the rest of the avengers piled in to the kitchen and took their seats at the table.
"It smells delicious" Clint hummed,
"Alright what's the midguardian word? Oh yeah dig in!" Thor said making us all laugh.

Everybody moved in a buffet line to get their own bowl of pasta but Loki went and got me a bowl before I could stand up.
"Thank you" I said whilst smiling up at him lovingly,
"You are welcome, now eat." Loki smiled at me whilst sitting beside me at the dinner table. I began eating and eventually Bruce came and sat on the other side of me,
"Oh Bruce I never got to thank you for helping me out this morning" I said whilst smiling at him,
"Well the big guy doesn't like it when the healer is injured" Bruce smiled at I laughed. Multiple times I have calmed the Hulk down and returned him to the man that sits beside me. And even when the hulk is at his angriest he never ever smashes or hurts me and no one knows why.

"This is amazing Loki and Thor" I said smiling at the two brothers who were already on their second bowl of 'the pasta'.
"Yeah it's soooo good!" Peter piped happily.

I continued eating but I still had a little bit left in my bowl. Just as I was doubting my ability to eat the rest a large familiar hand found it's way onto my thigh where it rested under the table out of sight. I looked over at Loki to find him giving me a small nod. That was enough motivation and I managed to eat the rest.
"Good girl" Loki whispered softly to me whilst rubbing his hand on my thigh. I smiled giddily at his praise but his hand made me feel all sorts of things and I stood up to wash my bowl.
Loki was about to say something but was cut off but the tower alarm blaring loudly.