Chapter 89.

Loki POV:

1 hour before:

Thor and I landed on the roof of the avengers tower. Adrenaline pulsing through my veins, I didn't waste another second. With the knowledge that y/n was only a few floors below me, I took off running to the door leading downstairs. I didn't bother with the elevator or Thor who was calling after me. I threw open the door and began flying down flights off stairs.

"Ugh, so many stairs!" I heard Thor complain from behind me but I paid him no mind. I would run to the ends of the earth for y/n.

Eventually I made it to the floor where I used to stay and I burst through the door. I found myself in the corridor leading to both y/n's and I's old room.

I sprinted to her door and stopped just outside to catch my breath. After a minimum of five seconds I raised my first and knocked on the door lightly. Suddenly my body flooded with nerves,  Would she slam the door in my face? Would she even talk to me?

None of that matter, I reminded myself, because she doesn't have to talk, she just has to listen.

After 10 seconds with no response I tried again. I frowned and put my ear to her door. I heard no sound, no detection of movement. I pulled my ear away and reached for the door handle. Before I could decide if this was a good or bad decision, I swung open her door and frowned at what I saw.

Y/n's bed was made, not a sign that she'd slept in it for at least a while. Her desk that was usually decorated with books, and the last time I saw it, photos of us was now bare. My heart clenched at the site and I strode further into the room. Suspicion edging through me, I opened her wardrobe and found no clothes in it. My eyes widened and panic settled in.

Where was she?

The room still had her delicious floral scent but there was no sign she'd even been living here for some time. A glare hardened my face at the thought of her leaving but I didn't want to jump to conclusions. So instead I took a gamble and walked across the hall, in hopes she'd been in my room. I swung open my door to another surprise.

Instead of my room, there were grey bed sheets instead of black, no bookshelf and the no black out curtains, so the room was flooded with lights. Was someone else living here now?

I growled and stomped out of the room, slamming the door behind me. Thor was not in sight which was good because he would not approve of what I was about to do. I heard what sounded like all of the avengers in the living room and I walked straight towards it. As I turned the corner my assumptions were correct, because all the avengers sat around all hanging out. A quick scan of the room and I was angrier, no y/n in sight.

"Where.is.she?" I growled, drawing the attention of the room to me.

Just like someone had struck a match, chaos erupted.

"I'm gonna fucking kill you." Lady Natasha said whilst running at me,
"Not before I do" Bucky Barnes cracked his knuckles. My eyes widened but not because of the threats from the two assassins before me, but because of what stood behind them. Dr Banner's jaw was clenched and green began spreading over each side of his head. Stark snapped from his angry trance and his face turned into one of worry.

"Banner I'm gonna need you to calm down for me" Tony said calmly,
"No banner only Hulk!" A deep angry voice yelled from the small man, making me take a step back.
"Fuck" Stark cursed before quickly lifting his phone to his ear and calling someone.