Chapter 38.

Loki POV:

I jumped to my feet quickly and wrapped my arms around y/n. I pulled her to my chest and quickly shape-shifted into my battle armour, preparing to protect y/n with my life.
"What in the nine realms is that?!" I shouted over the loud noise,
"It's the mission alarm Loki" Captain Rodgers informed me,
"Jarvis what's going on?" Stark spoke to the AI,
"There has been a reported terrorist organisation threatening to blow up an entire street downtown" the AI spoke clearly.
"We gotta get down there now." Lady Natasha said quickly whilst heading to the elevator,
"What about me?" Peter Parker said with a frown,
"Kid I don't want you coming on this one you stay here" Stark said whilst suiting up. Peter pouted and went and sat on one of the couches in the living room,
"Can I come?" My Angel said softly towards Tony,
"No." I said firmly making her look up at me from where she was still wrapped in my arms,
"Tony what if you need me?" My baby said turning around and asking Stark. This infuriated me because she should only begging for things from me and asking for permission from me.
"Loki is right, we need you here for when we get back" Stark agreed for once,
"But who will be here to protect y/n?" I said worriedly as y/n attempted to un wrap my arms from around her.
"Y/n can stay here with Peter" Steve said whilst motioning to a frowning Peter on the couch.

As much as I didn't want her alone in this tower with a high school boy it was better then her coming on the mission. For here I know she's safe and protected but in battle it's harder to protect what's mine when she wants to save everyone like the Angel she is.

"Come on guys we gotta go!" Sam the falcon called from the elevator.
"I know your annoyed with me Babygirl but I'd rather you be here where it's safe" I whispered in my baby's ear who was still trying to get out of my arms.
My darling froze and turned around to look at me, she looked like she wanted to say 1000 things but she decided upon:
"Stay safe, we'll talk later" was all she said before pecking me on the cheek.
"Hurry brother!!" Thor called,
"Bye baby" I said before letting go of her and running into the elevator, letting my green cape flare out behind me. I had to duck because of my golden horns when entering the elevator but the last thing I saw before the doors shut was y/n leaning on peters shoulder under a blanket together. Jealousy flooded my veins, I should be cuddling with her now and her head should be on my shoulder. It pained me to see her with another man like that but I knew it was better than having no one in the tower to protect her at all.
At least she is safe. At least she is safe.
I repeated in my head to keep my jealousy from storming over there and ripping her away from him and carrying her around in my pocket.

Y/n POV:

As soon as Lokis arms left from around me I instantly felt cold and like I was missing something. Yes I was a little peeved at him for not letting me go on the mission but there was always a chance that he didn't come back. I shivered at the scary thought and I quickly scurried over to where Peter sat on the couch. Peter was a good friend and he knew what was happening between me and Loki so I sat beside him and leaned my head on his shoulder as he put a blanket over us and started picking a movie.
"What do you wanna watch y/n?" Peter said,
"Anything you wanna watch" I smiled at him,
"You are literally my best friend, every time I watch a movie with Ned we always have to watch Jurassic Park! Like yeah it's a good movie but not after watching it 100 times" Peter ranted making me laugh.

Eventually Peter decided upon a Star Wars movie and I watched with him. I let Peter explain the plot and the characters because he was very excited about the movie and I found it interesting. After about three or four movies in I could feel myself falling asleep. I had to stay awake to heal anyone who came back injured I kept thinking. But eventually I drifted off into a deep slumber on peters shoulder.

Peter POV:

I felt y/n go limp on my shoulder and I laughed internally. I could tell she was falling asleep but I didn't want to wake her so I let her slowly drift off. I didn't want to leave her on the couch in fear she might wake up and Loki might kill me. So instead I scooped her up as gently as possible and carried her up to her room. I got lost along the way but I eventually found it and walked in. I laid her down on her bed and quickly left her room, not before quietly shutting the door behind me. I didn't know whether to be nervous about Loki knowing I that I went in y/n's room or that I picked her up.

I shrugged off my anxious thoughts and returned back to my spot on the couch for my favourite part of the movie.
A little while later all the avengers filed into the living room, no one was injured luckily but they were all extremely tired.
Loki was first to enter and was first to notice  y/n's lack of presence.
"Where is y/n?" He said with an unreadable expression,
"Uh she fell asleep on me so I carried her up to her room Mr Loki" I stuttered nervously, I saw anger flash through his eyes before it was replaced with a calmer and grateful look.
"Thank you for protecting her spiderling" Loki said to me genuinely before he left the room, walking quickly.
"Where's he going?" I said looking after him,
"To see y/n, he was worrying about her the whole time we were gone" Thor said with a smile,
"Ohhhhh" I said whilst walking over to the couches.
"He is whipped already" Bucky smirked,
"Hey kid I'm sorry I didn't let you come on the mission" Mr Stark said whist sitting down next to me,
"But I thought I was a proper avenger now who can go on missions?" I said sadly,
"You are you just need a bit more training that's all kiddo" He smiled at me.

Yes! I'm going to be a real avenger soon, but how will I keep it from MJ and Ned? Thank god I have y/n.

Loki POV:

I quietly opened y/n's door and stepped inside before shutting it. I walked over to where she was sleeping and bent down to check if she was asleep. She had her eyes open slightly but they widened once she saw me,
"Hey darling" I said softly whilst sitting down on the edge of her bed,
"Hi lokes" she said sleepily whilst sitting up,
"No no, stay lying down I'll leave now I just wanted to check that you were asleep before I went to bed" I reassured her whilst tucking a loose strand of her beautiful h/c hair behind her ear.
"Hey lokes can you sleep with me?" She asked whilst smiling at me and my eyes widened,
"My love as much as I'd love that, I think we should save that for another night and when your in a better condition" I said to my little Angel, her cheeks turned bright red and she smacked her hand to her head.
"No I meant like can you stay with me for the night to cuddle, I mean if you want.." she said whilst looking down embarrassed. I had to hold back an 'awww' at my adorable baby girl and smiled at her.
"Well in that case it would be my pleasure" I smiled at her whilst walking around her bed and shape shifting out of my battle armour and into some loose sweat pants and t-shirt. I crawled into the side of the bed she wasn't on and got under the covers.
"How was the mission?" She asked softly,
"Everything went okay, no one was injured by the way" I smiled at my love, as she blew out a sigh of relief,
"Thank gosh" she smiled,
"Sometimes I think your a little to caring for your own good" I teased whilst wrapping my arms around her and pulling her into a position where she was the little spoon.
"Would that be such a bad thing?" She laughed,
"Of course not baby" I smiled at her before resting me head on the pillow beside her and closing my eyes.
"Night night lokes" she whispered softly,
"Good night darling" I said before I fell into a deep sleep with my baby in my arms.