Chapter 95.

Y/n POV:

As we walked side by side, to the library I glanced at Lokis side profile.
This was the Loki I remember. The Loki that was eager to be with me, and always finding new ways to surprise and excite me. I'm starting to believe him, as well as feeling increasingly stupid for believing all of Sylvie's lies.

But instead of dwelling on the past, I decided to focus on the present. With my shoulders brushing lightly against Lokis with each step I turned towards him slightly.

"What are you up to trickster, you've been awfully quiet?" I smiled,
"You'll have to wait and see" Loki smirked over at me as we began to approach the library's double doors. Before I could attempt to open the doors, Loki gently stepped me back before opening them for me.

"You don't have to be a gentleman around me lokes, you can relax" I reminded him softly whilst also thanking him.

"It's an honour to be acknowledged by you darling, I deserve to be entirely ignored by you. So please allow me to amend things my love" Loki said as I began to lose feeling in my hands from the pressure I had used by squeezing them together.

"Don't say things like that, but that's very sweet of you.." I said softly whilst walking into the giant library that Stark has built. I wandered around and watched in awe as as I do every time I see this place, it never fails to amaze me.

I had strictly avoided every part of the tower that even slightly reminded me of Loki, the library being a main one. But since Loki and I did almost everything together, that made the first few days really hard to leave my bedroom.

"This place reminds me of you.." I blurted out, whilst deep in thought. As soon as it left my mouth I wished I had kept it shut but then,
"Why is that darling?" Loki asked softly, almost vulnerably.
"Well for a start, this is the first place I brought you in the tower.." I said nervously whilst turning my back on Loki and walking over towards the romance book section.

"I remember that day like it was yesterday" Loki said quietly, his footsteps silent as he walked over to me.
"You do?" I found myself asking,
"Of course I remember the day I fell in love" Loki said boldly making me spin around and gape at him,
"Loki!" I frowned,
"Yes darling" Loki grinned at the reaction I had given him,
"You can't say stuff like that to your friend" I emphasised the word to make my point.
"What if I don't want to be friends?" Loki challenges whilst crossing his arms over his chest.
"Would you prefer if I was just your ex?" I raised an eyebrow as I watched his mood shift. His eyes darkened and his jaw clenched,
"Why are you trying to deny what obvious connection we share?" Loki growled quietly,

"Loki we've been over this." I grumbled,
"Why are you ashamed that you want me? I know you y/n. You get goosebumps when I come close to you, you bite your lip when you're nervous and I know for a fact that this feeling-" Loki said whilst reaching out and laying his hand softly against my cheek, cupping my jaw gently.
"The feeling that erupts when I touch you isn't some sort of coincidence. We are meant to-" Loki began,

"If you say 'meant to be' I'm walking out of this library." I said whilst rolling my eyes at this god. Before Loki could say anything else, I turned and walked further into the aisle.

I busied myself with studying the shelves for a new good read, but when I couldn't see past the sixth shelf, I attempted jumping up for any book.

After a failed attempt for reaching any book I heard a cough behind me. I turned to see Loki leaning against the bookshelf aisle behind him, trying not to laugh as he towered over me in this intimate and quiet place.

"I'm sorry for possibly making you uncomfortable back there" Loki said whilst lowering his head yet maintaining eye contact, I turned and attempted reaching for any book again.
"Its not that you made me uncomfortable, it's just-" I said but stopped when my finger skimmed the spine of a book and I cursed under my breath.