Chapter 81.

Y/n POV:

"Lokes?!" I asked as a smile spread across my face as my hidden trickster stepped into the light. I began to run towards him and like usual I expected Loki to lower himself and open his arms to me. What I didn't expect was for Lokis handsome face to scrunch in disgust and shudder away from me.
"Keep to yourself mortal" Came an icy snarl from Loki making my brows furrow.
"Lokes are you okay?" I asked soflty, wondering what had gotten him in such a bad mood.
"Shut the fuck up you stupid mortal" Loki growled making my stomach churn,
"What?" I said in a soft hurt-filled voice,
"Oh come on, you can't be that dense." Loki chuckled evilly,
"What do you mean? Loki what is going on?" I said as my eyes began to fill with tears,
"Cut the shit y/n" Loki sighed like I was wasting his time,
"I'm so confused, are you joking?" I said as tears began to blur my vision,
"Are you seriously going to cry?" Loki laughed viscously. I felt the hurt cut through my veins and I quickly wiped away the tears already running down my cheeks.
"And to think I thought you weren't entirely pathetic." Loki chuckled,
"Why are you being like this?" I said whilst trying to stop the tears from flowing,
"You stupid midguardian, have you not realised yet?" Loki stared at me like I was scum beneath his feet,
"Realised what?" I said as the hurt of Lokis words sliced through my chest.
"That you are nothing to me." Loki grinned through the darkness. My eyes widened and I took a step back from him.
"Are you scared darling?" Loki smiled darkly whilst putting sarcastic emphasis on 'darling'.
"N-no" I lied whilst crossing my arms over my chest,
"And I am something to you." I said whilst trying to defend myself,
"Is that so mortal?" Loki whispered,
"Don't call me that." I said shakily,
"You really think you mean something to me?" Loki laughed,
"Yes?" I said with an unsure tinge to my voice,
"I was just using you for your body, as a temporary toy. And not a very good one at that." Loki smirked whilst looking me up and down. I felt my mouth drop open in shock as the feeling of Lokis daggers stab through my love for him.
"You were just so eager to be loved, a naive pawn in my game. One step closer to world domination.." Loki tutted like I was a mindless child as embarrassment suffocated my senses.
"World domination? You said it was mind control?" I said as my breathing began to quicken,
"And you believed me? For a student studying medicine, you sure are slow." Loki chuckled,
"But, you said you loved me?" I stuttered feeling stupid,
"You didn't actually think I loved you did you y/n?" Loki giggled like he was witnessing something amusing.
"Do you really think anyone could ever love you?" Loki snarled, his tone changing from menacing to disgust.
"But what about everything we've done, every moment we've shared?" I said whilst looking up at his face, searching for any hint of remorse and sadly finding none.
"Every second spent with you Y/n L/n is a waste of my precious time" Loki glared down at me. The sadness in my heart was replaced as I felt my veins fuel with a sudden anger.
"Do you honestly think that the God of Mischief would settle for a weak mortal girl? Why would I when I could have any woman I want on Asgard? For example Sylvie can satisfy my needs better than you ever will" Loki gloated,
"So I was all just some sick game for you?" I glared back at him,
"Exactly, now get the fuck off asgard, I never want to see you ever again." Loki spat with anger making me take another step back. There was hatred and evil in those dark eyes that glared at me from across the room, making an unnerving shiver crawl down my spine. Tears streaming down my face, I had nothing to say to the man I thought I was to wed.

Feeling unsafe and scared for my life, I spun around and exited the library. I slammed the door behind me and ran as fast as my legs could carry me. I sprinted through the Asgardian corridors, ignoring any servant of worker that gasped as they saw me. I caught site of my reflection whilst passing a nearby mirror. My cheeks were blotchy from crying, my eyes red and face puffy. I ran all the way to Lokis room and quickly got to work. I didn't want to face Loki so I worked as fast as I could. I packed all my items into my suitcase, all my clothes all my toiletries. Any trace of my presence here in Lokis room was now gone. I swept the room for any last forgotten items before wheeling my luggage to the door. I stopped and turned around taking a final glance at the room. This was it. Leaving all our memories, all our experiences behind.

I shut the door and began to quickly walk away. I decided before I leave Asgard I must speak to the Queen, Frigga. With the help of a nervous maid, she led me all the way to Frigga's room. The maid didn't question anything but remained silent and left without a word. I raised my fist to knock and held back a sob when it was opened straight away.
"Oh sweet child" Frigga said softly whilst opening her arms to me. My eyes watered as I slowly walked into her embrace. She was warm and welcoming, just like Loki. Even the thought of his name cut right through my chest. Frigga held me in her arms and stroked my back softly.
"What has happened dear?" She spoke soflty,
"He doesn't love me anymore..." I shook silently, attempting to contain myself in front of the Queen of the nine realms.
"My son?" She questioned gently,
"I don't know what I did wrong?" I stuttered whilst stepping out of the hug and looking into her eyes.
"Dear child you did nothing wrong" Frigga smiled gently whilst taking hold of both my hands.
"Look at me dear" Frigga said firmly making me look into her soft eyes,
"Who do you need right now?" She whispered,
"My family.." I admitted as more tears escaped my eyes,
"And where are they?" She asked,
"On earth" I smiled sadly,
"Then go home my dear, your always welcome here but you need your family." Frigga said wisely,
"Thank you my Queen" I said whilst rubbing away my tears,
"Go now, before he returns" She smiled whilst sending me off with a final hug. I hugged her back, not having to ask who she meant by 'he'.

After leaving the queens chambers I quickly exited the castle. The once glorious sight of the village I could barley look at, the memories hurt to much. I decided I couldn't not say goodbye to Eleanor after all she had done for me. I navigated my way through the empty streets and eventually found myself out the front of her house. I brushed away a few dried tears and knocked softly. The door opened to revel Eleanor whose eyes widened in shock.

"Y/n are you okay?" She said, I shook my head to signal a No.
"Would you like a hug?" Eleanor offered and I immediately excepted. I felt like an idiot for just knocking on peoples doors and hugging them but I needed to be comforted. After being in Eleanor's sweet embrace for a minute or so she invited me in.
"No thanks, I'm sorry Eleanor but I'm leaving.." I said as a fresh tear escaped my eyes, Eleanor was quick to brush it away.
"What? Why!?" Eleanor frowned,
"Loki and I have broken up..." I mumbled, struggling to say the sentence without breaking down. Eleanor's face filled with empathy before a sudden rage consumed her eyes.
"That mother fucker-" Eleanor growled whilst trying to walk past me,
"No don't! It will only make things worse" I begged, Eleanor took one look at me and slowly calmed her self down.
"You're right, but you don't have to leave girly. You can stay with me" Eleanor offered whilst gesturing to her home from the door way. I managed a smile as a new wave of sadness crashed over me.
"That's very kind of you but I need to be with my family right now" I said with a shaky voice,
"That's alright, I understand girly" Eleanor said sadly,
"This isn't goodbye, I know we will see each other again" I said whilst pulling her into one final hug.
"Of course, and I'll tell dad to fill me in on how your going" Eleanor laughed referring to Hemidal.
"Okay, and by the way Eleanor" I said as I stepped out of her embrace.
"Thank you...for everything" I smiled,
"Your welcome bestie" Eleanor smiled as her eyes watered slightly.

And before I could quickly accept the invitation to stay with her or break down in the middle of her doorway, I turned and walked away. I began walking to the place I knew would take me home, The bi-frost. As the walk progressed, I wondered where Thor might be and how I never got the chance to say goodbye. I thought back to all the memories with Loki and how I'm leaving it all behind.

All I could do was cry as I walked along the rainbow bridge. Everything Loki every said to me was a lie. He never loved me, he was just using me for his own personal gain. I laughed angrily that I was stupid enough to believe all his lies. I was kicking myself to think that I believed the God of Mischief was capable of falling in love. A part of me still loves Loki, all the nights spent tucked up in his arms as he reassured me that I was safe. But I was wrong, I hadn't fallen in love with Loki, but I had fallen for a lie.