Chapter 33.

Y/n POV:

Once Natasha and I had finished getting ready we headed back to the tower for the party. We were now sitting in Nats room applying finishing touches to our outfits.
"I have never been more excited and nervous" I said whilst applying lip gloss,
"Oh my gosh look at the time it's 7pm already! Come on babes let's go!" Nat said whilst linking her arm in mine and walking us out the door.
From the 79th floor we could hear the music blasting up 50 floors, all the way down from level 29. After we took the elevator all the way down we stepped out into a hallway where a giant set of doors sat, the party waiting inside.
I took a deep breath to calm my nerves,
"Hey, don't worry your going to have a great time and your going to do great" Nat said whilst rubbing my shoulder to reassure me,
"Your right, let's do this" I said shaking of my nervous exterior and putting on a brave face. With my arm entwined with Nats we strutted into Tony's giant 'movie' like ballroom. It was brightly lit with glass chandeliers strung above head, the whole room was screaming 'Tony Stark'. There were lots of reporters and other billionaires who are friends of Stark but the rest of the avengers were scattered throughout the ballroom either on the dance floor or at the bar. As I descended the grand stair case I looked up at caught eye contact with the one and only Loki and my breath caught in my throat, oh lord did he look hot.
Loki was standing at the bar with Thor but his eyes were only on me, he was wearing a black suit with a white under shirt and a green boutonnière that matched my dress exactly. As I reached the bottom of the staircase Nat began walking us over to Thor and Loki. Lokis eyes finally left mine and took in my body, slowly and sinfully he checked me out and from the look in his eyes I knew I chose the right dress.
"Gentleman" Natasha greeted for me because my eyes were currently glued to Loki.
"Ladies" Thor answered for Loki because his eyes were glued to me.
"Thor would you like to dance" Nat asked whilst pulling Thor away from me and Loki.

"Hi.." I said, losing my voice all of a sudden due to our close proximity,
"Good evening darling" Loki purred,
"You look handsome" I stated bravely, feeling the need to compliment him,
"I can't even begin to describe how beautiful you look this evening my love" Loki said whilst taking my hand in his and pulling me closer towards him and the bar.
Thanks to Tony the place was packed and I was getting knocked around a bit so Loki's action made sense.

"I've missed you" Loki said with a smirk,
"What in between the 5 hours we were separated?" I giggled making him smile,
"How was your shopping spree little one?" He said smoothly,
"Hectic but fun, and you?" I laughed remembering he went suit shopping,
"Ugh don't even get me started on how awful it was" Loki sighed dramatically,
"That bad?" I laughed at his expression,
"Yes, in and out of change rooms trying on appropriate midguardian suits was just torture" Loki smirked,
"Torture? Well too bad for you Tony has a couple of these a year" I teased as Loki whined.
"And my my did your shopping pay off because you are absolutely glowing" Loki continued,
"Oh well we did take Tony's credit card" I giggled,

"Little y/n getting mischievous is she?" Loki said with a soft growl in his voice, I laughed,
"Yes well we went and got our hair and makeup done so it's all tricks and makeup" I said whilst pointing to my eyeshadow and face,
"No my love this is you and you are gorgeous" Loki said whilst staring deep into my eyes. My cheeks warmed at his flirtatious comment and my eyes darted down to his lips before they re connected with his green ones. Just as I was about to speak a soft but beautiful tune played over the speakers that Loki recognised as Asgardian. He looked out over the crowd to find Thor walking away from the DJ booth.

"Would you like to dance Lady y/n?" Loki said formally extending his hand.
"It would be my pleasure" I breathed whilst taking his large hand in mine and letting him lead me out onto the dance floor. We stood amongst a few other couples who were watching us with interest and confusion. Once we were out on the dance floor Loki wrapped his arms around my upper back because he was  tall and it was easier for him to reach and mine around his waist. I must've looked tiny next to him in comparison but I brushed off my nervous thoughts and prepared. Before Loki could lean down and talk to me I began doing the first couple steps like Thor said. Loki face held shock but he too began doing the dance. I began to relax at how easily they dance flew with the music and with Loki's arms around me and all my nerves and doubts vanished once I was with him.
Lokis lips curved into a smile as he danced with me and dipped me elegantly. It felt right to be in lokis arms, Thor was a great teacher but he was muscly and big, Loki was muscly but taller and more graceful.
"My love.." Loki said as we swayed around the room with more couples joining in the dance,
"Loki" I smiled back,
"How did you-? When did you-?" Loki began,
"Questions later lokes" I said softly,
"Your right, I want to enjoy this while I can" Loki teased whilst spinning me out. As I spun my green dress picked up and shone around me like in the fitting room. I heard multiple 'OooOo's as my green dress reflected of the chandelier, giving the room a beautiful lilac green glow.
"Stunning.." I heard Loki mumbled before he spun me back into his chest where his arms relocked around me as the song ended. The entire room erupted into applause and Thor was the first to come bounding up to us excitedly.