Chapter 97.

Loki POV:

Only when the mutants blood was coating my hands and it slumped on my dagger did I let it's pathetic scaly body fall to the floor.

Adrenaline was pumping through my veins as the anger of watching this creature drag my y/n by the neck sizzled through me. Speaking of y/n, my head snapped towards her crumpled form lying on the road.

My face paled and I felt my knees buckle as I fell to my knees beside her. She had blood all over her arms and on closer inspection, giant slash marks. I instantly ripped off a patch of leather from my battle armour and wrapped it around her arm and applied pressure to stop the bleeding.

"No.." Y/n mumbled whilst her eyes struggled to meet mine,
"What is it darling?" I asked softly,
"Not your Asgardian cloaks" She protested weakly making me shake my head with relieved laughter. Even in a crisis she's not worrying about herself.
"You really are something else" I sighed whilst beginning to gather her in my arms.

I watched as her eyes began to flutter closed and I felt my heart rate spike.
"No no no no no keep your eyes open" I said worriedly,
"I'm tired lokes" She said softly as her head began to roll back. I quickly stood up, standing in the middle of a battlefield, the only thing I could focus on was the woman in my arms.

But the sound of rapid gunfire caught my attention and I quickly ran to hide behind an abandoned car. As soon as I was safely covered, I felt my darling moving in my arms.

I looked down at her to find her clawing at her neck. I frowned and moved her shirts neck fabric and found a collar.

I only saw red. I felt my hands begin to shake as the anger filtered through me.
They fucking dare to put a collar on her, like a fucking dog.

"It's stopping my powers" She panted heavily, the collar taking its toll on her energy. I pushed my fuming rage to the side and moved my hands forward and gripped the collar. The anger inside me pulsed and I crushed the collar in my hands, falling off her neck and to the concrete underneath us. I was holding her cradled in my lap as the life began to return to her beautiful eyes. I watched as she slowly became more aware and finally looked up at me.

"Your hands are shaking lokes" My darling observed whilst taking my hands in her smaller ones. And just like that, all my anger melted away from that one small but precious gesture.
"Are you hurt?" I managed to grumble, not wanting me emotions to get the better of me in a time and place like this.
"I'll be fine" She smiled before trying to crawl out of my arms.

"I don't think so." I gritted whilst getting to my feet and keeping her backside pressed up against me. We were still sheltered by a tipped over vehicle, but in no way in hell was I letting y/n out of my arms.

I noticed y/n's slightly crimson cheeks as she mumbled,
"I would argue but I'm too tired"
I smirked in response and leaned down to whisper in her ear,
"Good girl."

It was cruel but it was too delightful as I watched y/n squirm in my embrace, her eyes avoiding mine and an adorable blush coating her cheeks. I knew what those sweet and devilish words did to her from memory.

An explosion that shook the ground beneath us caused me to lift my head from the angel against me and survey the battle field.

The avengers were easily winning this battle. After I had killed that mutant, all that was left was to round up the rest of the HYDRA agents. Tony stark in his iron man suit was blasting through the air and sending those ground shaking explosions into their vans, leaving them with no escape.

"We need to help" Y/n spoke up from below me,
"If you insist" I smirked whilst holding her to my body tightly. After another quick evaluation, and no evident threats did I begin walking out from behind the car.
"Loki I can walk" Y/n grunted whilst trying to get out of my embrace,
"For my sake, just let me hold you darling" I whispered in her ear, it putting a strain on my heart to watch her get man-handled by that revolting mutant. I needed her in my arms for a little bit longer.