Chapter 91.

Y/n POV:

I threw open my door and stormed inside whilst throwing my luggage onto my bed.
"He's so infuriating" I huffed as Nat entered my room and shut the door behind her.
"I have a plan to kill him in his sleep tonight" Nat said with a smirk,
"I know that's what you think is best but a dead Loki isn't what I'm looking for at the moment" I smirked back at her whilst beginning to put my clothes away.
"So what did he say?" She asked whilst grabbing clothes to help put away.

After 30 minutes I had finished explaining to Nat everything I'd been told.
"And do you believe him?" She asked skeptically,
"I'm conflicted, I think I do but I told him I need time and space" I said,
"And by the look on his face when I burst in, he didn't take that all too well?" Nat chuckled,
"No, that stubborn god demands that I'm still his or whatever" I growled whilst angrily throwing shoes into my closet.
"Bucky didn't seem all to pleased with him either" Nat laughed making me roll my eyes,
"I love you guys but you're all very over protective" I said,
"Because we don't want to see you hurt. Watching you go through what he may or may not of put you through was hard babes" Nat said with a sad smile,
"Shut up you're gonna make me cry" I laughed whilst fanning my eyes.

"Enough about him, tell me about your trip" Nat flashed her pearly whites in her gorgeous smile making in turn myself smile. Nat was contagious, and I loved every part of her.

"It was amazing, being out in the country just awakens something in one's soul" I said with a smile,
"Did you end up using this?" Nat giggled mischievously whilst holding up the set of black sexy lingerie. I blushed a shade of red before snatching it out of her hands,
"Yeah Nat, I had wild sex with a man I met in the country" I said sarcastically making Nat break into a fit of giggles,
"Your to much of a good girl" Nat laughed,
"Not true, I do bad things sometimes" I said defending myself,
"Mhm? Like what?" She questioned,
"Like stealing Buckys oversized clothes from the laundry when I have nothing else to wear" I said with a giggle,
"Your so bad ass" Nat said sarcastically with a wink whilst folding the last of my clothes away. I laughed and put my suitcase under my bed before turning to Nat.

"Ugh I can't stop thinking about what happened" I grumbled whilst rubbing my head tiredly,
"Get out of the tower, distract yourself" Nat offered, suddenly an idea formed in my head and I smiled.
"I know exactly who to call" I smiled before whipping my phone out.
"Oh is it the sexy cowboy?" Nat quipped making me snort,
"Of course of course" I laughed whilst sitting on the edge of my bed and scrolling through my contacts. With Nat watching over my shoulder I eventually found it and clicked on it.

Marco

My heart clenched at the sight of his name. It's felt like years since I've seen him and I feel terrible. He must think the worst of me. I hesitated before remembering Nat was watching my every move.

"I'll prove to you that I'm a bad ass" I said to Nat jokingly,
"OoOo Are you gonna make Loki jealous with Marco?" Nat asked wide eyes. I coughed because that was not what I was intending to do but recovered quickly.
"You bet I am" I grinned whilst quickly typing out a text as well as apologising for being M.I.A for the last couple months.
"And send. Now we just have to wait for his reply" I said whilst turning to Nat.
Not even 10 seconds later my phone buzzed in my hand and his reply flashed across the screen.

Hey y/n! It's so good to hear from you and I understand, life gets busy sometimes. How have you been? I would love to catch up soon, are you free tomorrow?

"Looks like somebody has got plans for tomorrow" Nat winked at me as my mouth was still open in shock.
"How is he not mad at me?" I marvelled,
"Cause your an angel" Nat sighed making me laugh. I began typing my reply;

It's good to hear from you as well, and thank you for being so understanding. Tomorrow sounds perfect, does lunch sound okay?

Perfect! I know just the place :)

...

After texting Marco, we decided we would hang out and a little nearby cafe tomorrow. The rest of the night was okay, I hung out with Nat and had dinner with the team. It was slightly awkward when Loki entered the room and a silence befell the room.

I was sitting with Bucky and Nat to both of my sides. Loki strolled over to Bucks seat and glared down at him, killing him ten times over with his eyes. But Bucky didn't cave or get up and move as to which Loki was silently requesting.

As a last desperate attempt to sit next to me, Loki turned to me and how his eyes shifted, they went from murderous to soft. I quickly turned my head the other way and began a conversation with Sam, sitting across from me. I heard Loki huff and walk down to the other end of the table and reluctantly take a seat next to Bruce. As we ate and spoke I could feel Lokis burning stare from down the table but I didn't dare meet his gaze.

After dinner, I helped Natasha wash up before strolling from the kitchen. We entered the living room before finding a seat on the couch with the rest of the team whom were watching a movie. Loki was sitting in a chair, separate to the lounge. Good. I was wedged between Nat and Thor and wanted to keep my distance from the man across the room, who's gaze never left mine the moment I stepped into the room.

I shifted my eyes from the TV screen, to my hands fidgeting in my lap and kept this stupid rotation going until I couldn't withstand Lokis burning stare. I mustered up what little courage I had left and turned to look at Loki.

He was looking picture perfect, poised in the chair, as through he should be featuring on the cover of magazines and news headlines. But knowing Loki, I knew this was his relaxed nature, sitting in the chair which he took up every inch of. I forgot how giant he is in comparison to me. My gaze drifted down to his hands which were folded in his lap, my god.

His hands, where do I even begin to describe how strong and beautiful they are at the same time. I don't know how it's possible but he makes it possible.

When I snapped shack to reality and realised I'd been staring for way too long, my eyes darted up to his and my heart skipped a beat. Out of any of the facial expressions I've received earlier today, the least expected was to see Loki sitting in his chair a few feet away from me, with a smug smirk gracing his gorgeous features.

God dammit, he knew. Of course he knew I was checking him out. But I hope he knows that I was serious about what I said earlier, I need time and space. And if space means ignoring this trickster, then that's what I'll have to do.

"You look pretty" Loki mouths silently from across the room making my jaw drop. All those thoughts about space flew out the window as soon as this man opened his mouth. Now all I can think about his running over to him and crawling into his lap, enjoying the feeling of his arms being around me.

I quickly got my head out of the clouds because it must be the lack of sexual intercourse getting to my head, right?
In response I narrowed my eyes at him to which I received a small chuckle from the devil himself.

"So babes, what are you going to wear for your date?" Nat whispered as the rest of the avengers were too interested in the movie. But out of the corner of my eye I saw Loki bristle, like an enraged cat.

"It's not a date and I can show you if you want" I said quietly,
"I'm not really into this movie anyway, let's go" Nat grinned whilst interlocking our hands and pulling me up from the couch. As we began to leave the room, Nat pulled me around the corner leading towards our rooms. The last thing I saw before leaving the room was a pair of emerald green eyes staring me down.