Chapter 96.

*⚠️Violence⚠️*

Y/n POV:

Loki and I spoke for hours, chatting and eating a light dinner. Time got away from us as we spent the evening talking and reminiscing.

Once the sun had fully set, a chilly November breeze blew through my hair and I regretted not wearing a jacket. Lokis brow furrowed and he quickly shed his jacket and stood out of his chair.

"Lokes what are you doing? You're going to get cold" I protested as I too raised from my seat.
"Nonsense darling" Loki smirked whilst draping his jacket over my shoulders. I was immediately wrapped in Lokis warmth, I tried not to blush as the familiarity of being in Lokis warm embrace shifted through me.

"So small" Loki mused whilst chuckling at how large his jacket rested on me. I narrowed my eyes at the jacket that almost went to my knees and then turned to glare up at Loki who towered over me.

"Did you ever think that your just overly big?" I sassed him making him smirk,
"So feisty" Loki remarked whilst beginning to walk towards the roof exit.
"Wait what about-" I began whilst turning to clean the set up. With a quick flick of Lokis wrist, the whole dinner and table disappeared in the blink of an eye. My eyes widened at the magic and I turned back to Loki,
"No worries love" Loki smiled at my expression whilst extending a hand to lead me towards the door. I smiled at him whilst linking my arm with his and began walking down the stairs leading back into the tower.

"Hey lokes.." I said softly,
"Yes darling?" Loki responded softly, our bodies brushing against each other in the stairwell.
"Can I ask something?" I asked cautiously,
"You can ask me anything love." Loki said whilst looking at me with a small smile.
"Alright, what happened after I left Asgard?" I asked nervously, the thought had been on mind lately but I didn't want to anger Loki.

Loki blew a breath from his nose and stopped walking.
"Hey I'm sorry you don't have to answer" I said quickly whilst unlinking our arms,
"No I'll tell you love it's just.." Loki began whilst avoiding eye contact,
"It's just what?" I prodded,
"It was one of the worst days of my life darling, it's a-lot to remember.." Loki admitted, making me stop and stare.

"Well once you...left, I proceeded to fight off Asgards guards" Loki said whilst staring deep into my eyes. I squirmed under his intense gaze,
"Wait what?" I said in shock that he would do that,
"And after I was severely outnumbered I was escorted to a cell." Loki continued as my mouth hung open in shock,
"Like an actual prison cell?!" I almost yelled,
"Yes love, on the way down I ran into ... Sylvie." Loki spat her name,
"What happened?" I asked,
"She told me what she did and I proceeded to .. threaten her" Loki said with a small smirk,
"Only threaten her?" I questioned,
"The guards pulled me off her before I could severely injure" Loki huffed making me gasp.

"You did all that?" I said completely shocked,
"I knew I had to get back to you" Loki said determinedly, making a slight blush coat my cheeks.
"I vowed from that day on-" Loki began to state before the mission alarm began blaring through the tower and max volume.

"Quick the mission alarm!" I said before running down the next flight of stairs and entering the living room.
"Y/n wait!" Loki yelled after me. I ran straight into the living room with Loki hot on my trail.

I soon found myself and the all the avengers standing around the living room. Loki came to a stopping halt beside me, Bucky saw this and breezed towards me and protectively stood on my other side. Loki suppressed a growl but his hands clenched in silent anger.

"Team there have been reports of a HYDRA group downtown using mutant agents to terrorise our people, we need to get down there now." Steve said hurriedly,