Chapter Two

"Princess Kacey," I heard one of my servants say indicating to wake me up. Why can't I be a normal girl and just simply have an alarm clock.

'Because you're a princess,' my inner thought told me. I slowly opened my eyes rubbing the sleep out of them.

"Here's your morning tea," she said.

"Thank you Ursula," I said. She handed me the tea and I blew the hot liquid so I wouldn't scorch my tongue. When I thought it was good enough to drink, I brought it to my lips. I moaned to the taste.

"Princess Kacey your instructor John, would be here in an hour," Ursula informed me. John was my archery instructor. I've known him ever since I was born. So yes, I've known him for 20 years.

"Okay thank you Ursula. You can leave now," I instructed her. She bowed and left my bedroom. When I was done with my morning cup of tea, I got out of bed and made it.

After I was done making it, I went into my walk in closet. Since archery lessons were today, I simply chosen some sweats and a white tee.

I hope mother doesn't sees me in these. She would flip out. I placed my clothes on the bed and went to my bathroom. I turned on the shower and watched the water shoot from the shower head. I placed my hand in the water to feel if it was the right temperature for me. It wasn't. I put more hot then cold and then proceeded to test the temperature again. It was perfect.

I stripped down out of my clothes and stepped into the shower. The water instantly hitting and sliding off my brown complexion. The water relaxed me and made me forget about my worries. I grabbed my loofah and my bodywash and began to get clean.

After my shower, I grabbed a towel off the towel rack and wrapped it around my body. And since I washed my hair, I grabbed another towel and catched the falling droplets that was dripping out of my hair. I patted my hair trying to get it damp instead of wet.

I exited the bathroom and dried myself off. When I was dry, I put on my clothes.

After I was finished with that, I got my hair dryer and blowed dried my hair. I looked at my clock. 8:47. I got time. After 10 minutes of blow drying my hair, I was done getting ready for archery lessons. I went to my shoe closet and grabbed my blue and white Jordans.

"Princess," I heard a soft voice call.

"Come in," I said.

I saw my door being opened. It was Sandra. We have way too many servants.

"Yes Sandra," I said.

"Instructor John is here," she informed me.

"Okay thank you," I said. She curtsied and left my room. I followed behind her and we went down the long corridor. We made it to the grand staircase and walked down it. Instead of going straight, I turned to the left and went down another corridor to lead me to the garden.

I walked down the concrete path. Along the way I saw the rose bushes blossoming and the gardeners tending to the flowers that were also blooming in the spring air. I made a left on the path and saw John outside in the pasture of the green grass putting up his equipment.

"John," I called out. He looked up from putting up his equipment. He waved at me and I waved back. I made my way over to him.

"Hey Kacey," John said. I smiled at him. "What are we doing today?" I asked him.

"Not anything difficult. I just want to see how far your shooting range is," he said.

"Okay. Let's get started."

*****

Sweat was dripping off my forehead as the sun beamed down on me. I held the bow in my left hand and the bowstring in my right. I held my string hand into an anchor position.

I aimed at the red dot on the target. When I was ready to release the arrows, I let my finger go. I saw the arrow aiming straight for the dot and hitting the target board. I looked back at John since he was watching my every move.

"How was that?" I asked him.

"That was good. It could've been better. What's wrong Kacey? You're not doing what you did two weeks ago. You're shots were perfect. Now they're sloppy," he said.

I set the bow and arrow down. I sat in the lush and thick grass. John sat down beside me. "Father is rearranging for sheikh Michael over dinner so he can marry me off," I said.

"Why's that?" John asked me.

"He doesn't think I should rule the country by myself and also to have children to keep the Martin family on the throne," I explained to John. He nodded in agreement.

"Isn't your coronation in three weeks?" he asked me.

"Yes. He's demented if he thinks I can fall in love with somebody in three weeks. But he says its not about love, it's about keeping the family in its rightful place and that's the throne," I said.

Sometimes my father can be so irrational and stubborn. I don't understand how mother could put up with his irrational and stubborn ways for 20 years.

"Well maybe he's just looking out for the family," John said. I shook my head and looked down. Sometimes I feel like my dad cares more for Ćenàla than his own daughter. I looked at John and then back at the ground, letting my thoughts consume me.