Chapter Sixty Seven

"Absolutely not."

"Ethan this could save Kacey."

As you can tell I'm over at the Martin's mansion, telling them about the procedure that Dr. Johnson previously told me. They were all shocked and frightened about her possibly dying about the procedure.

They still don't know that either way it goes Kacey was going to die. The arsenic poison was still in her heart. Might as well tell them now. "Uhm... I need to tell you guys something. It regards Kacey's health," I told them. They stopped arguing and bickering enough to look at me.

I sat down on one of the garden chairs that was next to Mrs. Martin. "Kacey's is going to die anyway it goes."

Mrs. Martin grabbed my hand and turned my chin towards her. "Justin how could you say that?" I took a deep breath and blinked away the tears that was about to form. I couldn't possibly tell them that their daughter is going to die from arsenic poisoning. But I know that I have to tell them the truth. The procedure could lengthen her life some.

"Look the bullet that hit Kacey was spiked with arsenic poison. The poison eventually traveled to her heart and Dr. Johnson also suspects that something is affecting her brain. And that's why she's not waking up."

"Justin what you are saying doesn't make sense? Kacey can't die. Lord my baby can't die."

Mrs. Martin's face was drenched in tears and I had to look away. Mr. Martin had tears in his eyes too. "Justin how could you not tell us this sooner?" Kareem asked me.

"Kareem I-"

"No! You just sat there and didn't tell us about this until now. It's been a month Justin. You could've told us sooner!" Kareem knocked his chair back and stormed off towards the house. I was about to go after him but I felt a hand grabbed me from doing so. It was Mr. Martin.

"Don't. Just let him blow off steam." I looked back at the door and then back at him.

"Come sit back down Justin."

I sat back down in my seat and pushed it up to the table a bit. I placed my head on the table and repeatedly banged it on the table. I hate my life sometimes. Mrs. Martin gripped my hair and I looked at her.

"Boy what are you doing?"

"Trying to wake up from this nightmare," I told her. "So what are you guys going to do about Kacey?" I asked them.

"Well we have to talk to Dr. Johnson about the procedure and then we'll make make a decision," Mr. Martin said.

"Well you better do it fast. Dr. Johnson said that he needed to talk to you guys ASAP."

"Oh uhm then we'll go now. C'mon Ethan lets go," Mrs. Martin said. She pushed the chair back and grabbed her coat that was on the back of the chair.

"Just a minute honey I have to go get the keys and my jacket."

He walked to the house to grabbed his things while me and Mrs. Martin went to our cars. I grabbed my keys out of my pocket and unlocked the door. I got in my car and revved up the engine, then headed towards the hospital.

On the way there I called Dr. Johnson and told him me and Kacey's parents were on the way. "Okay Justin. Just come into my office when you've arrived," he said. I nodded but then I realized when we on the phone so I told him okay.

I made it to the hospital in seven minutes. Instead of going straight into the hospital, I waited for Kacey's parents so we could talk to Dr. Johnson together. I was waiting on them for almost fifteen minutes before they finally pulled up.

"Didn't I tell you to turn right instead of left?! I swear I feel like I'm talking to myself half of the time! You never listen to me!"

"Carmen I was just trying to make it here faster," Mr. Martin said while massaging his temples. Marriage seems so stressful. I don't understand it at all sometimes. "Maybe if you would've listened to me we would've been here five minutes ago," she said while rolling her eyes at him.

"Carmen-"

"HEY! Can we please go now?"

I needed to cut that argument quick before hands started to fly. "Oh I'm sorry Justin. Let's go," Mrs. Martin smiled at me but when she looked at Mr. Martin she glared and gritted her teeth. Scary.

I led them towards Dr. Johnson office but he wasn't there. "Wait here." I went looking for him but first I checked the receptionist desk. Wasn't there. I checked Kacey's room. Wasn't there. I checked everywhere but I didn't have any luck.

I went to the bathroom and he definitely was there. "Note to self. Don't eat week old quesadillas." He went over to the sink and washed his hands.

"Uhh Kacey's parents are here and they're kinda waiting for you," I told him.

"Okay just take a seat in my office and I'll be out in a minute." I walked outside the bathroom and towards his office. "C'mon let's have a seat and wait for him."

We all walked into his office and took a seat in his chairs. He finally walked into the office and he greeted Kacey's parents while shaking their hands. "Finally nice to seat down and talk."

"Same thing to you," Mr. Martin said.

"How is our baby girl?" Mrs. Martin asked.

Dr. Johnson folded his hands over the table and lend forward. "Physically good. Mentally bad."

"We heard about the arsenic poisoning and something affecting her brain."

Dr. Johnson looked at me and back at them. "So it seems that Justin broke everything down for you," he told Mr. and Mrs. Martin. "Yes. And we understand that the procedure is risky and she could possibly die from this."

Dr. Johnson nodded and he told them more information about the procedure, what medicine she could take, and how she could live longer. But the only downfall is the procedure.

"How long is she going to be hospitalized?"

"4 weeks. Really the decision is yours."

*****

Comments:3+
Votes:5+
💋💋💋💋