Chapter Fifty Nine

Momma guided me towards dad's office and gave me a small smile before opening the door.

"Yea, I'll fax you the paperwork tomorrow"

....

"Okay goodbye Mr. Farquak."

Dad hung up the phone before acknowledging our presence. He turned and sat down in his chair. Looking up at us. "May I ask why are you here?" He said while shuffling some papers on his desk. Ma sat down in one sit and I sat down in the other.

How was I supposed to ask a question like this?

There really is no easy way to ask it but I might as well find out. I swallowed and took in a deep breath.

"Kareem what is it?"

He put down the papers and looked me directly in my eyes. "Dad, me and mom were talking and she told me something about you guys past."

"Good or bad?" He asked while looking between me and momma. I bit my lip at his question. "It was in between. It was good and bad."

"What was it about?"

"How you and her became involved and.... Uhm." I inhaled and exhaled deeply. There was a short silence around us. My heart was pumping so heavy, I could actually my heart pumping through my ears. That was how quiet it was in the room.

"And what else?" He dragged on.

"And how your parents didn't accept momma because of her race and how you don't like white people." Dad tensed up and he got a developed a sort of look in his eyes. "Carmen."

"Well Ethan it was time that our kids know besides he wanted to ask about why you dislike Justin even though you don't even know him. Ethan it's time to confess," Momma said.

Dad gave us a sense that he really didn't want to talk about it. Mom gave him a stern look. It was one of her 'you have to looks'. Dad got up from his seat and sat on his desk in front of us.

"Well it seems your mother told you everything from our history but I despise my parents because not only did they ruin my relationship but they tried to ruin my family. When your mother became pregnant with you, my parents tried to poison your mother. But luckily I caught my father pouring the cyanide in her drink that he so "kindly" fixed for her. I was so outraged. They both deceived me by pretending they accepted our relationship."

Dad began to fiddle with his fingers and looking down. "I just never thought my own parents would do that to me. Not only that but once the media found out who I was marrying, they began to make mockery of her and saying how she wasn't the right choice. Calling her everything in the book and just trying to belittle her." By now he came over to mom and grabbed her hand, lifting her out of her seat. Once she stood, he came behind her and sat down in her seat. Then he placed her in her lap.

"It just pisses me off when people think that we are supposed to date within our races but race doesn't define a person nor their relationship. Its the person in particular and their personalities. Yes, I fell in love with a black woman but she is a damn good woman and I wouldn't trade her for anything in the world." Dad kissed her cheek and momma began to beam. I could still see love in their eyes.

"Dad I understand where you're coming from but just like you said race doesn't define a person. Justin is a great guy and once you get to know him, you'll think he is too." Dad shook his head and I gotten confused at his gesture.

"No. He looks like he just doesn't want anything from her but sex."

"Ethan."

"No Carmen. She deserves so much more than Justin Bieber. She deserves sheikh Michael."

"Ethan you stop it right now. Didn't I tell you you were acting like your father?"

"But-."

"Hush. Now this is what we are going to do. Once Kacey is home, we are going to have a family dinner and we are going to get to know Justin. I am so sick of you thinking that everyone is the same when they're not. So get your head out of your ass."

Dad raised his lip at momma. "You don't tell me what to do?"

Momma mouth gaped opened and she looked at me and dad. I don't see why she looking at me cause I didn't tell him what to say. I'm just an innocent eavesdropper. Momma calmly took in a breath in and out, closed her eyes and smiled. She opened them and looked at me.

"Momma's baby can you please leave your dad and I alone for a second?" She asked sweetly.

Before I could get out of my seat, dad grabbed a hold of my hand. "Don't leave. Please don't leave."

"Sorry dad. I love ya but I gotta go," I removed his hands from my wrist and he started to repeatedly say no. I opened the door and slipped out of the room. Then I began to hear momma scream, daddy say no and he was sorry and then I heard some things being thrown.

Momma just don't know how to keep her hands to herself. I laughed. That's what he gets. I could actually hear her all the way down from the stairs when I was walking down there.

Before leaving the house, I screamed to my mom and dad that I loved him. I heard the door being opened and mom said she loved me too. I heard dad said he loved me too but it sounded like he was being choked.

I left the house after locking the door behind me. I grabbed my keys from my pockets and walked to the garage. Pressing unlock on my key fob, I opened my door and got in. Cranking up the car, I began to drive my way to a hotel.

The Bodyguard - •J.B• {BWWM} #WATTYS2017जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें