Chapter Sixty Three

Loading the gifts I brought for Kacey out of my car, I closed my car door with my foot since my hands were so full. I walked to the elevator and was struggling trying to press the up button. Maybe I overdid it with the gifts just a little.

Before I could press the button, a helping hand pressed the button for me. I looked and saw one of Kacey's nurses, Emma. She was a kind woman in her late 40s.

"Let me help you with these sugar," she said while grabbing a couple of bags from my hands. I thanked her for her help and we boarded the elevator once it open. I held open the doors just in case it closed in order for Ms. Emma to get on.

I pressed Kacey's floor number. "I'm guessing these are for her?" Ms. Emma asked.

"Yes ma'am they are."

"What a lucky girl. But what a pity she hasn't woken up by now. Her health is study increasing. She's breathing on her own now, her blood pressure is back to normal and so much more. But she still isn't awake yet." Ms. Emma heavily sighed and eyed Kacey's gifts.

"I'm still praying for her night and day. This country will mourn for years over the death of our beloved Princess."

I couldn't stomach the thought of her dying. She CAN'T and WILL NOT die. We haven't even begin our future yet. Emma must have saw the concern and worry on my face because she came to embrace and apologize to me.

"Justin I'm so sorry. I did not mean to plant that in your head. Gosh I really need to think before I speak," Emma said.

"No it's fine. Just can't imagine what life would be like without Kacey."

The elevator doors finally opened and we got off, the doors closing behind us. "Who could? She's like America's Sweetheart except we're not in America." I laughed. Yea she really does need to think before she speaks.

We approached Kacey's room and Emma knocked before entering the room. Entering the room, I saw Chaz, Khalil, Cookie, Mel, Kareem, Kacey's parents and Dr. Johnson. Her room was filled with balloons, gifts, streamers, and a banner. Besides her bed was balloons that said 21 and happy 21st birthday. There also was a sack that was overflowing with envelopes. Probably letters.

"Hey everybody," I said while setting Kacey's gifts along with the rest. They all mumbled a hey and continued watching Kacey as if she would wake up anytime now. The whole mood in the room was dead, depressed, and down right sad.

I grabbed the one gift that I couldn't wait to give her and set the the bag back down that contained other things. I walked over to Kacey's parents.

"Mr. and Mrs. Martin can you please take a seat?"

I grabbed Mrs. Martin hand and lead her to a seat. She sat down and Mr. Martin soon sat down beside her. "You too Kareem. This regards your sister," I told him. He gave me a confused look but nonetheless took a seat.

"Okay uhm.."

I got nervous, sweaty and felt my throat begin to closed up. I wasn't nervous about asking. I was more scared of their reaction to what I was going to ask them in regards to their daughter and Kareem's sister.

"Justin sweetheart are you okay?" Mrs. Martin asked me. She got up out of her chair and began to examine me as if she was a doctor. I mean Dr. Johnson was sanding right there. I saw Mr. Martin rolling his eyes as his wife showed me concern.

See? That's what I'm talking about. I think he won't approve.

"Yea. I'm okay Mrs. Martin. Really I am," I told her while trying to get her hand away from my face.

"Sit down Carmen," Mr. Martin said.

She smacked her lips. "Ethan look at this boy. He is pale. Do you need something Justin? Some Tylenol or ibuprofen?"

"No ma'am but I really need to sit down," I told her.

"Okay baby." She kissed my cheek before she sat down and I beamed at her gesture. "Carmen what-"

"Shut up Ethan. Damn you starting to get on my everlasting nerves," Mrs. Martin said. We all stopped and looked at Mrs. Martin. I couldn't believe she just swore. She doesn't seem like the type to do that.

She calmly looked back at me and gave me her award winning smile like she never said what she said. "Continue Justin."

"Okay so I wanted to tell you first that I love Kacey with everything in me. I know it's only been five months since I've known her personally. But I felt like I've known her for over ten years. Your daughter and your sister have changed me tremendously and for that I have been forever grateful. I didn't plan to fall for her the way that I did," I looked at Mr. Martin and he had a look of hatred, of course, on his face.

Mrs. Martin slapped Mr. Martin on the back of his head and told him to fix his face. He bite his lip in frustration and then proceeded to do what she said. I laughed and he sent daggers through his eyes at me.

"Anyways, I know we never dated nor had any thing going on really but I'm asking for your consent for us to be together. Mr. Martin, I do respect you enough and your family to ask you can I be with your daughter?"

I waited for them to answer my question and that's when I heard a sniffles from different people. It came for Mel, Cookie, Mrs. Martin. And even Chaz.

Sissy ass.

Mrs. Martin hugged me and when she drew away, grabbed both of my hands. "Justin you have my consent. I'm happy that my daughter finally found love."

I smiled and thanked her for her consent. "Well you know you have mines. But if you hurt my sister, just know yo ass is mines," Kareem said while giving me some dap.

Last but certainly not least, Mr. Martin's consent.