Chapter Sixty Two

Parking in front of the store, I got my key out of the ignition and got out. I placed my keys in my pocket. I entered the store and was instantly greeted by a man with a heavy Italian accent.

"What can I do for you today sir?" He said in a polished and posh way.

I looked around the store and saw varieties of expensive diamonds, rubies, amethysts and many more. My eyes began to hurt by the bling and glare of the stones. "Yes I'm looking for a particular type of ring."

"Sì. We have many types of rings. Follow me."

He lead me through many isles of the store until we came upon a staircase. Going up the stairs, we kept walking until he lead me towards many, many display cases of different rings for different occasions.

"Venire, Venice," he said while waving his hand for me to follow him again.

"Is this a ring for yourself or a partner?" He asked me. I pecked through the glasses and began to get an idea of what to get Kacey. The rings in one of the display glass I was looking in didn't really caught my eye nor extraordinary in any way.

"It's for the both of us," I told him. I walked towards another display case still searching and searching. "May I ask who is this lovely man?" He asked me while standing far too close to me.

What the fuck? I shoved him off me and began dusting myself off as if I had some type of disease. "Dude what the fuck is your problem?"

"I'm sorry sir- I- I- just assumed"

"Yea your assumptions are wrong. I'm not gay." I felt violated in a way. Nothing against gays or the LGBT community but some gay men take things way too far and don't understand the words 'I'm not gay' or 'I strictly like pussy'

"My apologies sir. Let me rephrase. Who is this lovely woman?"

"Kacey Martin," I told him while keeping a close eye (while keeping my distance from him) on him. I grabbed my phone to check the time and it was 3:20.

"Kacey? As in Kacey Christine Martin? Princess of the Martin family?"

Wow! I fan of my baby girl.

"Oh my gosh, it would be an honor to meet her. Is she here?" He asked while searching for her. "No, she's at home. Look don't tell anyone about me being here. I do not need the publicity right now. I just need to find the perfect rings for her and I so I can get out of here," I explained to him.

He quickly shook his head. "Mai. Mai, Roger would never tell. Roger be right back with extra special rings for Mr. and Mrs. Martin," The Italian guy, whose name is now Roger, said to me. He headed to a back door and left me with a couple of other people who were looking for jewelry also. I began walking around out of boredom and checking the clock from time to time. I texted Chaz and told him to tell Doctor Johnson that I'll be there as soon as possible.

"Excuse me, can I view this section right quick?"

Turning around, I saw this guy behind me and I moved out of his view. "Sorry man. My apologies."

"It's okay." He looked over the counter and I began rocking on my heels, still patiently waiting for Roger to come back. "Any reason why you are here?"

Going out of my own zone and not quite catching his question, I asked him what did he say. "Any particular reason why you're here?"

"Oh uhm, it's my... Uhm.." To be honest, I don't know what Kacey's and I's relationship was like. "It's this girl that I am in love with birthday is today so I wanted to surprise her today," I told him.

"Ahhh, trying to impress her. How old is she today?" He asked me.

"She's turning twenty-one."

He grabbed a necklace from a rack and admired it, turning it over and over in his hands. "Yes! She's legal to drink, go into clubs, and fuck up her life like any other twenty-one year old," he said.

The fuck she is! I be damned if I let her. Besides she can't fuck up because she's about to be crowned queen whenever she wakes up and heal from her wounds. Hopefully. I just laughed at his comment.

"What are you getting her? Hopefully not nothing too cliché as a necklace."

"No it's a-"

"There you are. Been looking everywhere for you. I finally found some things you'd be interested in," Roger interrupted me. Looking from the guy I was talking to then back at Roger I said goodbye to the guy and told him it was nice talking to him.

"No problem man. Hope it goes okay with the woman you love."

I thanked him and followed Roger to wherever he led me. "So," he opened the box and was instantly meet by the most beautiful things I knew woman would love to own, "we have many different varieties of stones and types of rings."

"What type of stone do you want?"

"Diamonds for both her and I."

"Okay," he grabbed a section out of the box and placed it on the table. Roger grabbed a set of couples rings and held it up so I can see. "This is a Forever Love Crystal Silver Couples Ring. Very Popular and has a very decent price."

"This is 14k Solid White Gold Couples Ring. Decent price also."

We went over another five or six couples ring until I spotted one that caught my eye.

"This is-"

"Wait. Give me that those," I pointed to the rings.

"The Lovers' Romantic?"

"Whatever. I want those."

He grabbed them out of the box and placed the others back in. He placed the rings in my hands and I observed the rings all around. Yes. I finally found what I was looking for.

"Oh those are pricey. It costs 2,347 dollars," he told me. I stale faced him. I can afford the price.

"Look I don't care about the price. I want these" I placed the rings in his hands, "and wrap them up while you're ringing them up also."

"Yes sir."

~~~~~

Votes: 10+
Comments: 2+
💕💕💕