Chapter Fifty Four

I felt a hand on my shoulder. I shrugged it off not caring who it was.

I didn't understand what I did so wrong for her to end up like this. I tried protecting her physically, mentally, and emotionally. By trying to keep my feelings hidden and trying to keep things professionally. But I guess I fucked that up. Like everything else in my life.

"Hey Justin, did the doctor tell you what happened to Kacey?"

I turned and saw Khalil and Chaz behind me. I saw concern and worry etched in their eyes. Waiting for me to tell the news about Kacey.

"I can't tell you now but which of you drove up here?" I asked the both of them.

"Uhm... I did," Khalil said to me, giving me a puzzled look.

"Give me your keys." I outstretched my hands toward him waiting for him to hand them to me.

"What for?"

"Just give me the fucking keys. Goddamn. Is this ask Justin fifty questions today?!" I asked out of frustration. I needed to let all of this pent up anger out of me. First starting with Trevor.

"Look, Justin I know you are upset but you have to calm down. I can't let you drive like that," Khalil said.

I rolled my eyes. "Does it look like I care? Just give me the fucking keys. I have some unfinished business that I with Trevor to take care of," I said. Khalil began to dig in his pockets, looking for his car keys. Once he had them out, I started to grab them before Chaz took them out of Khalil's hand first.

"No. I'll drive you to wherever you need to go. Kahlil you stay here and keep an eye out for Kacey. Keep us updated," Chaz said.

"I don't need you-."

"Shut up. We already have Kacey in the hospital we don't need you in the hospital either. Now I'll take you Trevor."

Chaz began walking to a black Sonato while Khalil and I both watched him. Chaz looked over his shoulder and told me to come on.

Khalil ran back into the hospital with Kacey's family. I ran to the car and hopped into the passenger's seat. Chaz put the key into the ignition and started up the car.

"Now once we are there don't do anything that you'll regret," he told me before backing up out of the parking lot. I looked out the window towards the hospital once more before we head out into traffic.

"No promises."

﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏

Once we were halfway there to one of the headquarters of Princess Protection Program, Chaz broke the silence that stood between us.

"So what's really going on Justin with Kacey? She should have been at least okay with the bullet wound. Is she even alive?"

I clutched my eyes shut. Alive as she'll ever be. But she probably wouldn't even make it.

"Justin."

"Okay fine," I harshly breathed out. "The doctor told me that they managed to get the bullets removed from her. They sent the bullets to the lab and found that the bullet that hit her heart was filled with arsenic poisoning. She probably won't make it."

Chaz pulled up to the driveway of PPP and killed the engine. He laid back in his seat, trying to take in the news. "But she can't-."

"She can. She's not invincible. They are having the best doctors and specialists coming up antidotes to heal her but they don't know if she's going to make it," I told him while opening the door and slamming it behind me.

Every time I keep thinking about her possibly dying added fuel to my anger. I can't let her go, not after confessing to her about how I truly felt about her. We were supposed to be together and in a couple of years falling and love getting married. Hell maybe even having some kids.

Not me thinking about burying her in a year.

Chaz got out of the car also and went around the passenger side of the car. "Justin why didn't you tell her family? They deserve to know."

"What the fuck was I supposed to say Chaz? Sorry but I didn't protect your daughter with my life that I pledged the day that I took this job and made a vow to myself that I would never let harm come her way. I basically pulled the damn trigger Chaz. She could be dying and it's my fault. I fucked up," I vented to Chaz.

I felt that the world was against me when it came to love. The girl that I liked in middle school embarrassed me by telling me she didn't like me at all and only thought of me as a friend. Selena cheated on me with one of my closest friends. And now Kacey. I hung my head low.

Yeap. Life just keeps getting better and better.

"Justin. Its not your fault because if it is then it's my fault also because I was protecting her alongside with you. Now Kacey is going to make it. She's a strong women and is not going to die in the clutches of her crazed ass uncle. Now get it together and come face to face with the man himself."

With every word, I took in Chaz's word and let them sink in. He is right. I have to not only be strong for me, but strong for her. I finally held my head back and unslumped my shoulders. Taking in a deep breath, I began walking towards the doors of Princess Protection Program.

I walked to the receptionist and asked one of the agents where they kept Trevor.

"In one of the holding cells on the third floor until they come and take him to a more highly secured jail."

I thanked him and walked to an elevator and pressed the third button. Chaz and I boarded the elevator. My palms began twitching and I begin to think of the things I'd say and do once I saw Trevor.

When we got off the elevator, I saw him in the chair tied up through the one way mirror.

Time to face the music.

﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏

Votes: 20+
Comments: 10+

💕💕💕