Chapter Nine

"Missed me?" He asked me.

I stared at him and he stared back. His eyes. Those cold, brown orbs held amusement in them. If his eyes could kill, I would be down right about now. The tension in the air was thick. He smiled at me.

"I thought you were in prison," I said.

"Yes but stupid ass wardens and guards couldn't keep me locked away so I escaped. I couldn't miss my niece's coronation," he said in a sweet voice. I shook my head in disbelief. Why did they send him to prison so close to the Ćenàla? They should've sent him further away.

Trevor started to circle around the guy, whose name I still do not know, and I. "I swear if you don't turn yourself over to the guards, I'll have him kill you," I said hoping to sound confident in my threat. Uncle Trevor threw his head back and laughed obnoxiously loud.

"Was that a threat?" He asked me. He stepped up to me and I took a step back. I grabbed on to the guy next to me.

"Step up to her again and I'll shoot you were you stand." He said that with confidence and bass in his voice.

Why couldn't I sound like that? He held up his rifle and aimed it at Uncle Trevor.

Uncle Trevor threw his hands up in a surrending motion. "Okay," he said with smugness in his voice. The unknown man was about to call one of the guards to come and get my uncle but was cut short when he had a AK-47 aimed at him.

"Now I could actually enjoy our encounter."

"Put your weapon away."

My uncle tsked and shook his head. "You got three seconds," the unknown man said. Uncle Trevor and the unknown man were standing eye to eye, guns at aim.

"One."

....

"Two!"

....

"THREE!"

I hit the floor and heard shots being fired. I saw bullets ricocheted off the frames off the wall and the vases on the table. I covered my head and shut my eyes, hoping this was a bad dream.

A hand touched me and I gasped. It was the unknown man. He held out his hands and I grabbed it. I looked at the foyer and saw the vases broked and the frames on the wall either shattered or hanging from an eerie angle. I looked at the floor and saw Uncle Trevor in a pool of blood.

The man and I ran up the grand staircase and down the corridor. He discarded the rifle. We ran past my room and went into a door that led us onto the roof of the house. We ran up the stairs and he tried to open the door to the roof.

"It's lock," I told him. He stepped back and kicked the door open.

I was met by a gust of wind and the man grabbed my hand again. I heard footsteps behind us.

"He's coming," I said. The man led me to the other side of the roofing where I saw a helicopter.

"What were are you taking me?!" I yelled over the propelling of the blades. He didn't answer me and opened the helicopter's door.

"Where are you taking me?!"

"Get in," he instructed me. I looked at him as if he had two heads. I was not leaving my family.

"No. I'm not leaving here without my family," I said. He blew out a breath of frustration.

- Justin's POV -

This girl was really pissing me off. Not only was my shoulder fucking burning and blood was still oozing over my uniform, but her bratty ass attitude wasn't helping this situation. She stood there with her hands on her hips. Did she not realized that her crazed ass uncle was behind us?

I looked at the door and saw him with a deranged look in his eyes. He held the gun in his right hand and was running up to us.

"Get on the fucking helicopter!" I said. I was slowly loosing my fucking patience.

"No."

I shook my head and bent down. I grabbed her off the ground and put her in. She looked at me with a murderous look in her eyes.

"Go!" I told the pilot. I strapped Kacey and I in and felt us being lifted off the ground. I looked at Kacey and saw that her eyes that once held a murderous gleam in them, held fear.

"Don't worry. You're safe now," I reassured her. She nodded at me and held onto me. As soon as we were about to take off, the weight of the helicopter was being thrown off balance. "What's going on?" I asked the pilot. He had a look of confusion and looked at the controls. I looked at the window and saw Trevor on the landing skids.

"Stay strapped in," I told Kacey.

"Okay," she said with fear ebbed in her voice. I opened the door and unstrapped myself. I got a way to the landing skid without completely getting out the helicopter.

I slipped my foot into the railings on the seat that held up the seats of the helicopter. I grabbed Trevor's hands and tried to pry them off the skid but he ending up pulling me. I felt myself slipping. I had my upper part of my body currently outside the helicopter. I felt a pair of hands on my leg.

I looked behind me and saw Kacey holding on to me. The helicopter began to loose its balance and began to rock. Trevor kept one hand on the skid and the other trying to pull me out the helicopter. I grabbed my gun from his holder and hit him against his temple. He finally let go and landed on a tent.

"Pull me up," I yelled to Kacey over the wind whipping in my ears.

I felt myself being lifted up and I got off the floor. I closed the door and strapped myself in my seat. I took a deep breath, calming my nerves.

Fuck this job.