Chapter Eighty Eight

-Kacey's POV-

CORONATION DAY! 🎉

"GET UP! GET UP! GET UP!" Justin and I were being woken up out of our sleep by Justin's family, my family, Cookie, Mel, Xavier and Zay. I groaned and tried to bury myself in bed. They started to touch me and rolled me out of bed.

"Stop! God y'all are so annoying!"

"Coronation day baby. Time to get up," Mel said. I looked at my clock and saw that it was 8 a.m. I'm pretty sure no human woke up this happy today besides them. Something is wrong with them.

"The sun isn't out yet." I was currently on the floor and I was pouting. I didn't want to be waken up this early.

"Doesn't matter. Hurry and get prepared for the day. And come and sit down and eat breakfast. We'll be waiting for you and Justin," Mother said. She came over, kneeled and kissed me on the forehead. Cookie helped me up off of the floor and I thanked her.

"Welcome," she flipped her hair and I turned so it wouldn't hit me. Everyone exited from my room. I looked at Justin and he looked back at me.

He sat up in bed and placed one hand in his boxers and the other behind his head.

"Ready for today baby?"

"Got no choose."

Going into the bathroom, I took a shower and placed on something comfy for now. Justin took his shower and placed on some dark jeans, white tee and his gold chain. Not to mention so all white forces too. We went downstairs and everyone was seated, waiting for us.

It was the usual. Pancakes, waffles, eggs, muffins, potatoes, etc. "Welcome the soon to be Queen Kacey Christine Martin," Mother announced. Everyone cheered and clapped for me and Justin bowed.

"Thanks baby. But stop bowing to me," I said while giving him a kiss. We took our seats at the table and before we ate, we said our Grace.

"Heavenly Father. We are gathered here today in presence to give thanks for what you do to us each and every day. May you watch over us every day and continue to give us your blessings. In Jesus name I pray, Amen."

"Amen." We all said all together.

We started piling our plates high with food and talking to one another about the excited day ahead of us. I didn't want to admit to them how nervous I was because I'm about to be Queen. The country will be in my hands. I'm going to be running this country.

"Kacey are you going to eat honey?" Father asked. I looked down at my plate and I haven't touched anything.

"Oh yea daddy. I'm going to eat." I grabbed the fork in my hand and got a piece of pancake, placing it in my mouth.

"Looks like someone is nervous," Kareem said.

"Beyond nervous," I said while placing my hands around my stomach. It felt like butterflies where being released into my stomach along with knots being tied. I felt a little light headed.

"Don't worry Kacey. I think you're going to make a great Queen for many years to come," Jazzy said.

When she said many years it kept repeating in my head. Doctor Johnson told me that the arsenic poisoning that is set within my heart is going to take my life. My medication is only slowing it down so I might not live as long to rule my country. I don't have many years.

"Did I say something wrong?" Jazzy asked.

"Baby are you okay?"

"Yea. I'm fine. Don't worry about me people okay. I'm nervous but I'll get over it," I said to them while taking a bite out of my muffin.

"That's my little sister," Kareem said.

After breakfast, everyone got dressed except for me since my things were at city hall. Once everyone was dressed which was around 10:13, we all went to city hall to get ready for the coronation. Passing by the ballroom, the doors were closed so you really couldn't see anything but I bet it looked beautiful in there.

Going into the dressing room, I saw Nathaniel, Beck (makeup designer) and Gabby (hairdresser).

"Well isn't our favorite Princess," Beck said. I ran over and gave all of them a hug. "Thank all you guys for canceling what you have to be here. It's such an honor," I thanked them. "Wouldn't miss it for the world honey. Now come on so I can have your face Beat and Dusted for the Gods," Beck said in a dramatic way.

"But first we have to do her hair Beck," Gabby said.

Justin and my Mother entered the dressing room and took a seat on the sofa. I sat down on the chair in front of a sink with Gabby next to it and Beck was next to Gabby.

"Kacey," Beck said. Gabby was in the process of wetting my hair which she was about to wash.

"Mhm," I mumbled.

"Who is what?" He gawked.

"This fine piece of vanilla that's sitting here and waiting for me to taste him," Beck said

"My fiancé. Now will you quit gawking at him. He's mine."

"Sorry. Didn't know," he said while throwing his hands up in defense. "Well now you do," I said.

Gabby laughed at me and once she was finished with washing my hair. She placed me under the hair dryer. It took 40 minutes to dry due to me being natural and all. Takes forever for it to dry. And it took almost 35 minutes to do.

Once my hair was finished, my makeup was next and that took almost the same amount of time that my hair took to actually get did. By now I was exhausted and was just ready to get out of the chair.

"Done," Beck said while putting on the finishing powder. Looking at the time it was 12:23 when he was done. My butt felt that it was numb. I need to take a seat.

"No time sugar, time to put on your gown," Nathaniel said. I huffed and he hit me. "None of that." Nathaniel grabbed the gown which was in a bag from a rack and placed it in my hands.

"Go."

I rolled my eyes and went into the bathroom.

~~~~~

Votes: 10+
Comments: 4+
😻❤️😻❤️