Chapter Thirty-One

Watching Kacey play was a beautiful sight. It felt as if she lost herself in the music.

I couldn't stop staring at her. The more I stared, the more I took in her features. How her long, natural curly hair completed her oval face. The way her smile reached her eyes and made her eyes shine ten times brighter. Her brown eyes had flecks of gold that make them appear to have an inner fire. They were so beautiful. And her body was beyond amazing.

She has curves that fit her in all the right places. She was perfect to tip of her head to the bottom of her feet.

"Why are you staring at me?" She asked me while playing the last key. She placed her hands in her lap and looked at me.

I tilted my head to the side. Observing and taking in all of her beauty. "Not staring baby girl. I'm studying you."

She dropped her head, looked back at me again and smirked. "Studying you say? Studying what exactly?"

I licked my lips and said, "Your beauty."

She smiled at me and looked down at the piano again. She played a little on the piano, freestyling before I took her hands off the keys.

"Kacey I'm serious."

Kacey shook her head and looked back at me. She removed her hands from mines. We sat there in silence just looking at each other.

"Aye Justin where yo Sour Patch Kids at?"

Breaking eye contact and moving away from Justin, him and I looked at Chaz standing in the doorway with a big bag of Cheetos in his hands. He took a chip and placed it in his mouth, leaving some crumbs. He sucked some of the cheese off of his fingers and looked back at me.

He gets on my damn nerves.

"Bruh no! You not eating my Sour Patch Kids. Getcho begging ass on," I told him. Chaz smacked his lips and turned his back towards me.

"Stingy ass."

I heard Kacey giggle and I laughed alongside with her.

﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏

Later on that day, I joined Chaz in the living room and we began playing Spades. I was beating him. He had four books and I had six.

"So what were you and Kacey talking about?"

"Nothing," I told him while throwing out a eight of diamonds while he took the book. He had a ten of diamonds.

Chaz stopped and looked at me. Then he stale faced me. "What I walked into to didn't seem like nothing to me," he told me while throwing out a king of hearts.

"Look it wasn't anything so leave it at that," I said while throwing out a ace of hearts. All of a sudden, I got a call from Selena. "Hold up," I told Chat while accepting the call.

"What?" I snapped at her.

"Well hello to you too."

"Quit bullshitting with me Selena. What do you want?"

I heard her sigh from the other line. "Look I need your help. I need another song for my album and I have zero ideas," Selena explained to me.

I rolled my eyes and smacked my lips. "The fuck that gotta do with me?" I asked her.

I told Selena a long time ago that I didn't want shit to do with her. After I found out she cheated on me with Za while we were still together, I cut her the fuck off. She doesn't get the message. The bitch is hard of hearing.

"Justin I'm really serious. I need your help."

"Look I'll see what I can do. Bye." I clicked the end button and placed my phone back in my pocket. "So what did she want?"

I looked down at the table and saw Chaz threw out a seven of clubs but I threw out a joker, taking the book. "Nun'. She just getting on my damn nerves like always," I told him while putting my attention back on the game.

I heard someone approaching the living room and saw Kacey sitting down on the couch beside me. "Hey Justin, I forgot to mention that my brother is coming tomorrow so can you drive me to the airport tomorrow?" She asked me.

"Yea. What time?" I asked her while throwing out another card. "At around 5:20," she said while biting her bottom lip.

"Yea. I gotchu," I told her.

"Thanks." She beamed at me and went upstairs to her room.

"I don't see how you can do it," Chaz said. I gave him a confused look. "Uhm, the fuck is you talking about?"

"I'm talking about Kacey. I mean look at her. I'll be hitting her every night," he told me. I leaned back on the sofa and placed my hands above my head. "Why y'all keep fantasing about her?"

Chaz gawked and placed his hands on his heart. "Have you seen her?! Scratch that of course you see her and we've already had this talk back in Ćenàla."

"I know so why you keep bringing it up," I said while lazily gazing at him. "I'm just saying. I'll snatch her up before someone else does," he told.

"Nah. She's destined to marry somebody so she can't exactly date someone and I don't even think she's single."

"Single or not, I'll still fuck her," Chat leaned back in his seat also and I laughed at him. This guy.

"That's because you a hoe," I told him while throwing a pillow at him.

It hit him in the face and I began laughing at him again. "Hey! You can't talk. You hot at least twenty females in your phone right now and you fucking at least thirteen of them," he said. My smile dropped my face and I glared at him.

"Touché," I told him. He smirked at me and flipped him off.

"And can I please continue to kick your ass in this game?" I asked while sitting back up to continue playing Spades.

He sucked his teeth and sat up also. "I'm letting you win."

I smirked at him and arched my eyebrows at him. "Right," I said.