Chapter Sixty Six

-Justin's POV-

I woke up the next morning from a crazy dream. It was if Kacey was awake and she remembered me.

I got out of the bed and turned to see if she was awake but she wasn't.

It was only just a dream.

I felt a lump form in my throat and I tried to swallow it down. Feeling a mixture of emotions, I threw the nearest thing I could which was only just a pillow but it hit the liquor bottle. I maybe had a little bit too much to drink.

The door was suddenly opened and Dr. Johnson came in. "Justin what-"

I threw my hands above my head and let out a scream.

"Justin what's wrong?"

Dr. Johnson came over and held me. All I could do was cry. My fucking imagination got the best of me. "She was supposed to be awake. She was awake."

"Justin-"

"MOVE!" I pushed him off of me and ran over to Kacey. "Baby I know I fucked up. I did badly and you're only punishing me and playing a mean joke. But wake up Princess please. Just wake up."

I shook her a bit and kissed her every know and then but.. She just wouldn't. I felt multiple hands on me and started to tug me off of her. "Don't touch me!"

They, police officers, dragged me out of the room and I eyed Doctor Johnson. He lied to me. "She was supposed to be awake by now." I kicked at him and struggled to get out of the officers grasp. Dr. Johnson looked at Kacey. Then, he looked back at me. "It's up to her body."

That was the last thing I heard before the officers dragged me out of the room. They lead me into an empty room and told me to sit down but I wasn't listening. I tried to get out of the room. "Sir sit down before we have you escorted out of the hospital."

I smacked my lips and looked at both of them up and down. "Eat my dick." I hit one of them in the jaw. He stumbled back before hitting me in the stomach and we both started to grapple. The other officer grabbed something out of his belt and before I could even knock whatever it was out of his hand, I was injected with something. I instantly felt weakened and my eyes getting sleepy.

"I told you not to inject him."

The last thing that I saw was Dr. Johnson entering the room and then I was out.

*A Few Hours Later*

"Justin."

...

"Justin."

I mumbled a response and groggily tried to rub the sleepiness from my eyes but I felt restrained. I looked down and saw that both my hands and feet were indeed restrained. I began to panic.

"Now Justin once I release you from this chair you can't behave like you did a couple of hours ago. I have to explain something to you. A procedure that might wake Kacey up. Understand?"

I nodded and him and the officer that previously injected me (bitch) released me from the handcuffs. I rubbed my joints from the harshness of the handcuffs.

"Okay Justin, you, I and everyone else knows that Kacey is supposed to wake up but I think that it's something effecting her brain. I did a CAT Scan and everything else."

"So what happens if you don't find anything?"

I was tapped on my shoulder and I saw that a nurse was handing me a cup. I mouthed a thank you to her and drank some of the water, placing the cup beside my foot.

"If I don't find something excellent. But if I don't I have to find someway to awaken her. From her brain."

The fuck her brain has to do with this?

"I know you don't understand but there are collections of nerve cells in the lower part of the brain, called the brainstem, which are responsible for maintaining a waking state. These nerve cells use excitatory neurotransmitters such as acetylcholine, norepinephrine, dopamine, and glutamate, to turn on cell groups in the upper part of the brain, called the forebrain. The ultimate target of this arousal system is the cerebral cortex, the part of the brain responsible for perception, thought, and behavior. During wakefulness, the activity of the cerebral cortex can be measured by the electroencephalograph, or EEG, which shows waves of electrical activity that are relatively fast (12 to 60 waves per second). During sleep, specialized sleep-promoting cell groups in the brain shut down the arousal system, and the waves in the cerebral cortex slow down to the range of 1-7 waves per second. Anything that disrupts this arousal system, by either damaging the origin of the pathway in the brainstem, its targets in the forebrain, or the connection between the two, will cause loss of consciousness."

"So what you're saying is something in her brain is blocking her from waking up?" He said a mouthful so that's the only thing I got from it. The other shit he was saying was all a blur.

Just like back in biology class in high school.

"Basically. This is typically accompanied by slow EEG waves, similar to those during sleep, except that such patients cannot be awakened by stimulation (calling their name, shaking them). If the disruption is temporary, such as the brief loss of consciousness that occurs after mild head trauma, the individual may awaken very quickly. If the unconsciousness persists, it is called coma."

"So you're going into her brain to awaken her?

Dr. Johnson nodded his head. "But this is a tricky procedure. She could make it. She could not. But I need a consent from her parents. Could you maybe tell them that I need to talk to them?"

I shook my head. I wanted to tell them myself and talk them into it. They would never go through with what he was saying.

"Well alright just let me know what they say? Talk to them quickly. Time is running out." He exited the room and closed the door behind him.

*****
So I'm thinking about doing a sequel but I'm not sure yet. So if you think I should TELL ME NOW! 💖😩😋

Comments:5+
Votes: 10+
💋💋💋💋💋