Chapter Twenty-Nine

Hearing my mom's voice felt like a weight of worry and stress been released off my shoulders.

"Coucou mon coeur," Mother said. (Hey Sweetheart) A few tears escaped my eyes. I can't believe they were still here. Living. I took a seat on one of the lawn chairs and took a deep breath.

"Mère," I whispered. (Mother)

I heard Mother also began crying too.

"Kacey ton père et tu me manques tellement." (Kacey your father and I miss you so much)

I began smiling through my tears. I miss everything. From my parents, to Marcella and Ursula, my home. I miss my life. I just want everything to go back to the way it was. "Tu es encore la Kacey?" (Are you still there Kacey)

"Oui mère. Etes-vous d'accord et le père." (Yes mother. Are you and Father okay?)

I heard Mother smiling through the phone. "Oui. Votre père vient bouleverser qu'il doit reporter le couronnement." (Yes. Your father just upset that he has to reschedule the coronation) I began laughing out loud. He stills concern for my coronation even though we've almost been killed.

"Avez-vous parlé à votre frère encore chéri?" Mother asked. (Have you spoken to your brother yet darling)

"Oui j'ai," I told her. (Yes I have)

"Est Kareem courant de la situation avec votre oncle Trevor?" (Is Kareem aware of the situation with your Uncle Trevor)

I began looking at way the sun shimmered in the pool when my Mother repeated her question.

"Oui , je lui ai dit , mais je suis tout pour lui expliquer quand il vient me visites," I told her. (Yes I've told him but I'm explaining everything to him when he come visits me)

"Ok, c'est bien," she said. (Okay that's good)

We stayed silent for a few minutes until I realized I haven't talked to Father yet.

"Est le père autour?" (Is father around)

"Oui. Ethan! ETHAN!"

I heard shuffling through the phone and that's when I heard my dad's gruff and husky voice.

"Kacey," Father said.

"Daddy. I miss you so much. I want to go home."

"It's okay baby. The agents of PPP are doing everything they can to catch and execute your Uncle Trevor," he explained to me.

I still can sometimes see his cold, heartless brown orbs whenever I close my eyes. How can Uncle Trevor do this to us? We're his family for heaven's sake.

"I'll be glad when this whole thing is over."

"No worries love. Then in no time you'll be queen and married to Sheikh Micheal."

There he goes again with me marrying Sheikh Micheal again. He still doesn't get it. Yes I like Michael but as a friend. I don't see myself possibly liking him as a boyfriend nonetheless a husband. "Dad you're still on this marrying Michael thing?" I asked him. I leaned back in my lawn chair, folding my arms and crossing my legs.

"Of course I am. Kacey you are not ruling Ćenàla by yourself. I thought we've been over this," he told me. I began shaking my legs. A habit I tend to do when I'm upset.

"Father. I thought I told you that I'm not going through with a marriage. You can't force me to marry anyway."

"The hell I can. You will be married to Sheikh Micheal whether you like it or not."

I got out from my seat and began pacing the backyard. My dad can be a jerk and he is just pissing me off to the point of no return.

"Why can't I just find love on my own? And marry who I want to marry? Not someone that you and Mother picked for me. I'm not a child anymore. I'm old enough to make MY own decisions."

I heard more shuffling through the phone. "Kacey Christine Martin, we'll talk about this later."

"Whatever," I hung up on my dad. Hearing a door being open, I turned and saw Justin walking towards me. "Here," I said, extending my arm towards him to give him his phone back. Justin placed his phone in his back pocket.

"Everything okay?" He asked me. I placed my hand above my head and. I took a deep breath. I instantly regretted it taking that deep breath. A big lump formed in my throat and I began crying again.

My Father will never understand what it means to me to not have another monarch by my side and make a change in the Martin family history. I want to go down in history as the first in my family who was strong, independent, and wise enough to rule a country by herself.

I just want to prove to my father that I can do this. Justin grabbed my hands and crouched down a little just to look me in my eyes. I tried turning my head away from him and my body so he would let me go.

But he didn't budge.

"Hey. Hey. Hey. Why are you crying? You just got off the phone with your parents you should be happy," he told me.

I looked up in Justin's eyes. I couldn't tell him what my father told me. That'll be embarrassing. I forced a smile on my face and tried to calm myself down.

"I am happy. I was just a little hysterical," I lied to him.

He gave me a skeptical look and let go off my hands so I could wiped the tears from my eyes. "Honestly Justin I'm fine," I told him.

"Alright."

"Uhm, where is Cookie?" I asked him, remembering her and I's quarrel before my parents called. She was trying to convince me to go and then she was going to try to convince Justin.

I told her neither of us where going and she then she began whining and throwing a fit. Luckily, Justin came and got me.

"She left but she said she'll call you later on tonight."

My phone is definitely going on airplane mode cause I don't want to hear anymore double dates with her and Xavier.

I began thinking about back to the conversation with my father. "Kacey," Justin said once he sensed my mood changing again.

"Huh?"

"C'mon let's go inside." He grabbed my hand and we went back inside the house.