Chapter Thirty-Two

I was in my room laying on my bed and was thinking. Here I am, a twenty year old who was being forced into marriage; a crazed, delusional uncle who is trying to kill me; and I am soon to be queen of my beloved country Ćenàla.

And every girl would kill to have my life and be a princess? Yea right.

My phone began ringing and I looked at my caller ID. An unknown number.

I answer it anyway.

"Hello?"

"Princess?"

I instantly sat up in my bed. No it can't be.

I'm imaging things.

"Princess? Kacey? It's me," he said.

"Sheikh Michael?"

"Oh my god, how are you? Are you okay? I heard about what happened at your rehearsal coronation," Michael said.

"Yes I'm fine and how did you get my number?" I asked him curiously.

"From your father," he told me.

I scrunched up my face. How did my dad get my cell number? You know what I don't even care. Whatever that man wants, he gets.

"Kacey, I want to see you," Michael said.

I cringed when Michael said that. We can't see each other because one, I'm not ready to see him and two, I know the next time we talk it has to do something with our arranged wedding.

"Michael I don't think that'll be a good idea," I told him.

"B-but why? I miss you Kacey. A lot actually," he expressed to me.

I shook my head then I realized that Michael couldn't see me. "Michael all of this bad timing. Just please understand me," I told him. I really don't feel like talking about all this.

"Look Michael. We'll talk later. I'm really not feeling well," I told him. I heard him exhale loudly and then I started to feel bad.

"Its okay. I understand," Michael said.

"I'll call you later. Goodbye Michael," I said. I hung up the phone and leaned back on the bed. Lord give me the patience and strength.

I groaned out in frustration and I heard my bedroom door being open. "Bad timing?" I heard Justin say.

"Everything that's been happening lately is always bad timing," I told Justin while staring at the ceiling.

I felt my bed sunk a little, indicating that Justin sat down. "What's wrong?" Justin asked while laying down besides me.

I blinked my eyes and took a pause. "Where to begin?" I scoffed at myself and ran my fingers through my hair.

"Start anywhere you want," Justin said. He placed his hands behind his head and got comfortable.

"I'm all ears."

I took a deep breath. "Je déteste ma vie," I said. (I hate my life)

"Kacey you shouldn't hate your life and don't say that. You're just stressed that's all," he said.

My eyes widened. How could Justin understand me? I was speaking fluent French.

I looked at him and he looked back at me, smirking. "Didn't think I speak French?"

"Ne jamais juger un livre par sa couverture Kacey," he told me. (Never judge a book by its cover Kacey)

I laughed at his corny line. "I don't even know why I'm laughing right now," I told him.

"Because I'm funny as hell. Now talk," Justin said. I took a deep breath and began telling Justin about my preposterous life.

"Well you already know about Uncle Trevor," I told him.

Justin nodded his head and said, "yea punk ass bitch."

I giggled at his choice of words. "Well remember when I asked you do you think women can rule countries on their own and you said no because you think we're to emotional and blah, blah, blah?" I asked him.

"Yea, so," he said while arching his eyebrows as if to say continue. "Well my Father is forcing me to marry a guy that I barely know because he also doesn't think I'm capable and strong enough to rule Ćenàla on my own. And also he wants me to have heirs to keep the Martin family on the throne for many, many years to come as he so puts it."

Justin took a deep breath and then breathed back out. We sat in silence for a bit until Justin said, "Wow. That's fucked up. Why can't your dad just make you choose your lover on your own?" Justin asked.

I thought to myself and began squinting my eyes thinking about what Justin said. To be honest, I don't really know. I think because my crowing to be Queen is coming closer. But I have my whole life to be married and be tied down.

I just want to have fun but I know "fun" isn't in my princess duties. "I don't even know myself Justin," I told him while finger combing my hair.

"Did you ask him?" Justin asked. I gave him a crazed look. Does he not know my Father?

"You must if lost your mind. I'm not asking him anything cause 1. He's basically controlling my life and he doesn't listen to MY wants or needs and 2. I'm very livid with him right now," I explained to him.

Justin nodded his head. "Understandable but don't let that anger stay for long. Think about something else. Ain't your brother is supposed to be here tomorrow?"

I smiled at the thought of my brother. I missed him so much. Justin is right. Now I can finally have fun and catch up with my brother. "You're right. Thanks for the advice Justin."

I hugged him and he laughed and hugged me back. "No problem Kacey."

I looked into his eyes and just stared. He had some really beautiful eyes. If you stared long enough they had golden flecks in them.

I instantly broke eye contact and got off him. "Uhm, I'm going to shower soooo ... Yea." He chuckled and sat up on the bed.

Then he bit his lip at me and walked out my bedroom door. I went to my closet and grabbed some shorts and a tank.

I took a shower and when I was finished, went straight to sleep. I laid in bed and thought of Justin and his eyes before going to bed.