Chapter Five

I walked down the steps with my hands against the railings to keep my steady. I had some servants holding the back of my dress up so I wouldn't walk on my custom made gown. I couldn't deny and say that I wasn't nervous because I was. My knees felt like weak and my hands were clammy. Each step that I took down the stairs, I felt my breathing began to falter.

When I reached the last step, I was greeted by my mother and father. They each gave me a kiss on the cheek. "You look beautiful sweetheart."

"Thank you daddy," I replied back while kissing him on his cheek. I move on to mother and kissed her on her cheek too.

"You look stunning honey," Mother said.

"Thanks Mother." I heard heels clicking and the heavy footsteps of a man's feet behind me. I looked behind me and saw a man and a woman who looked to be in their late 40's.

I curtsied at them and they returned the gesture. "Kacey this is William and Zariah Yasir from the country Asalum," my father said.

"Nice to meet you," I extended my hand. Mr. Yasir placed his hand in line's and gave me a firm handshake.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Kacey," Mr. Yasir said. I nodded and moved on to Mrs. Yasir.

"Nice to meet you." I extended my hand out to give her a handshake. She shook her hand and pulled me into a hug. I couldn't not hug her back, that'll be rude. So, I snaked my arms around her and hugged her back. "It's so wonderful to see my new daughter in law," Mrs. Yasir whispered in my ear. I pulled away from her and my arms fell away from her.

She pulled away from me and looked at me with a cautious look on my face. Mrs. Yasir was getting attached way too quickly. I'm still not sure if I'm marrying her son or not. So for her to call me her daughter-in-law was really unexpected. "Is something wrong dear?" She asked me.

I shook my head and put on a fake smile. "No everything's fine. Uhm.. Where's your son?" I asked her.

"He should be here right about-."

The horn blew again but the Herald wasn't by the grand staircase. This time he was by the door. We all turned towards the door.

"Ladies and Gentleman. Sheikh Micheal Yasir from Asalum," the Herald said.

"Now," Mrs. Yasir finished her sentenced. My mom stood on one side of the room while Mr. and Mrs. Yasir stood on the other side, leaving me standing in the middle of the foyer. I saw some guards open the doors.

In walked the sexiest man ever. He was 6'3 which put my 5'5 height to shame. He had the luscious brunette hair that I ever saw. I would love to run my fingers through his hair. His eyes...he's eyes were so beautiful. He had some sexy hazel eyes. And do not get me started on his physique. His Armani suit did his body wonders.

"You must be the beautiful Kacey my parents were talking about," Michael said.

I couldn't utter a word. It was like my words got stuck in my throat. He grabbed my hand and placed a kiss on it. I blushed at his gesture and looked down at the floor. Well my assumptions were most definitely wrong.

He put his index finger under my chin and made me look up at him. "You have a beautiful smile," he said.

"Thank you," I said. It was barely audible but apparently he heard it. "You're welcome," he said while smiling at me.

"Dinner is served your majesties," I heard a voice say bringing Michael and I out of our moment. I looked at my mom and dad and they had smiles on their faces while raising their eyebrows. I shook my head and looked down at my shoes embarrassingly. Okay fine, I'll admit my parents did a good job picking him cause sheikh Michael was the sexiest man I ever saw. So thanks mom and dad. We walked into the dining room to the table. My father sat at the head of the table and my mother sat on the right side beside him. Mr. and Mrs. Yasir sat on the left side on the table. Mr. Yasir pulled the chair out for Mrs. Yasir to sit before he sat down. I was on the right side along with my mom and Michael. Michael followed his father act and pulled out my chair for me to sit.

"Thank you Michael," I said. He was being the perfect gentleman. And that was what I look for in my men. He shot me a smile and sat down next to me. I smiled back at him. The servants bought the appetizers which was Ahi Poke Basic with chopsticks. I thanked the servants and they nodded which signified You're welcome.

"So Kacey how old are you?" Mr. Yasir asked.

"20 years old sir," I said while picking up my chopsticks. I picked up a tuna steak and brought it in my mouth.

"What's your hobbies?" Michael asked me. I swallowed the steak in my mouth.

"I like to do archery, ballet dance and do yoga," I said.

"Maybe you can show me a few yoga tricks," he said. I blushed and looked at him. "Sure. I would love that."

*****

We were currently eating the main course of dinner which was lemon and pea risotto with a salmon fillet. "Kacey what are your on ruling Ćenàla?" Mrs. Yasir asked.

All eyes got set on me. I really couldn't discuss what my plans were for the sake of my country unless it was my family. It was strictly prohibited so I couldn't answer her question. I looked at my father and gave him a 'Change the topic look'. He nodded.

My father cleared his throat and the Yasir's attention turned to him. "Will you all be at Kacey's coronation this Saturday?" My father asked them. Why do they have to keep discussing me? Can they talk about something else without my name?

"I wouldn't miss it for the world," Michael said. I looked at him and he smiled at me. He was so charming and sweet.

"What time with it be?" Mr. Yasir asked no one in particular.

"2 p.m," my mother said.

"We'll be there," Mrs. Yasir said.

*****

After dinner, Michael and I decided to get away from our parents so we went out into the garden for a scroll.

"So Princess Kacey," he said. I blushed at when he called me Princess Kacey instead of Kacey. I know announces me by that but it was different when he said it.

"Sheikh Michael," I said. He laughed when I called him that.

"So tell me more about yourself," he said.

"Well since you know all the basics like how old I am, where I live and what I like to do uhm, let's see. I have an older brother, Kareem," I said.

"Where is he? Does he currently live with you?"

"No. Kareem currently lives in Miami," I told him.

"Why doesn't he stay with you and your parents?" He asked me.

"That was Kareem's choice. He didn't want the responsibilities of ruling a country so he went to America. He's been there for 6 years," I said.

"Do you still keep in touch?" He asked me.

"Yes. My brother's my best friend," I told him. He nodded in understandment. "So what about you? We've been talking about me for the whole night," I said. He laughed at me.

"Well what do you want to know?" He asked me. We walked to a gazebo by the rose bushes. We walked up the stairs to the bench and took a seat.

"Everything," I told him.

He looked at me directly in my eyes and I done the same. He had the intense hazel eyes I've ever saw. "Why are you staring at me?" I asked him.

"Because you're beautiful," he told me once again.

I gave him a smug smile. "Mr. Yasir how many women have you told this to?" I asked him while crossing my legs and folded my arms across my chest. I looked away from his intense eye and looked the other way.

"Well Ms. Martin I have told plenty of women that," he said. He put his index finger under my chin and pulled my head towards him. Once again, I was met with his intense eyes. "But none of them could ever compare to you."