Chapter Thirty-Seven

I have to say even though Khalil was a little drunk, he was an excellent cook. He made us chicken alfredo with shrimp which was to die for.

"Thanks Khalil this is amazing," I told him while putting another forkful into my mouth.

"Yea Khalil. Even tho' you slick drunk ass hell," Chaz said.

"Fuck you Chaz," Khalil yelled through the front of the plane. I shook my head. He's always using profanity.

My phone vibrated in my pocket and I slipped it out. It was a call from Mel. I accepted the call and held the receiver up to my ear.

"Hullo?" I asked while covering my mouth with my hand.

"Where are you and why are you not answering the door?"

Uh-oh.

"Uhmmm... I had to leave all of sudden. Sorry Mel," I told her.

She smacked her lips. I could feel her rolling her eyes over the phone. "Well when are you coming back?"

"Who's that?" Justin asked me.

I held up my finger to him and got up out my seat. 'It's Mel,' I mouthed to him. Placing my food on the counter, I went back into the bedroom and closed the door behind me.

"Mel, I'm on my way to Barbados right now," I explained to here.

She gasped in exasperation. "You bitch. How could you leave me and Cookie?"

"Yea. How come you never asked us if we wanted to come?" I heard Cookie say in the background.

I think now is the time to tell them what I really am and what's going on in it. Not every little thing but enough for them to know what is going on. I took a seat on the bed and began finger combing my hair.

"Look guys, I'll have to explain everything in person but this is for my safety and I suggest you guys go back home now. I'll see if I can arrange for you guys to come to Barbados," I explained to them.

"Kacey is everything okay?"

"Yea what's going on?" Cookie asked. I bit my lip and slowly blinked.

"Yea but I'll explain everything when you guys get here. I promise. But look I have to go," I told them.

"Okay hun. Just call us whenever," Mel said.

"Yea. We love you Kacey!" Mel yelled in my ear. I laughed. God she is so loud and bubbly. "I love you guys too," I told them. I kissed them through the phone and hung up.

I heard the door being opened and Justin walked in. "Everything's okay?"

He closed the door behind him and sat down besides me. I took a deep breath and looked at Justin's in his eyes. "Everything is okay but it could be better."

I slumped my shoulders therefore leading to a hump in my back. Justin placed his hands on the flat of my stomach and on my back, straightening my posture.

"Princesses doesn't slouch," Justin told me. I laughed a little and put my shoulders back. "But you slouch," I told him.

"Its way too late for me," he told me. I rolled my eyes and smiled at me.

"So how long are we from Barbados?" I asked him.

Justin took a glance at his watch. "Another 7 hours."

I groaned and fell back on the bed. Justin laid on my stomach, looking up at me. "Why are you on me punk?" I closed my eyes and placed my arms over them.

"Because you're soft." I smacked my lips. "Whatever."

I heard Justin's phone being played in his pocket and he dug it out. "Hello?" I heard him say. Then I heard a female's voice over the phone.

That's when he got up off of me and I lifted up my arm to see what was going on. Justin had his back towards me.

"I can't. I'm on a flight."

...

"I miss you too."

...

I scrunched up my face and then Justin turned the left side of his face towards me. Who does he miss? "I'll tell you when I'm back in L.A and we'll meet up."

He began to grin and that peaked my interest even more. "Okay baby. Bye."

Baby?

He dispatched the phone from his ear and hung up. "Sorry Kacey. What were you saying?"

I sat up on the bed and crossed my legs and arms. "Who was the girl?" I asked him.

I didn't mean to come out and asked him like that but it just came out. Justin placed his phone in his pocket and looked at me. "None of your business."

I scoffed at him and got off the bed. "I don't care. I demand to know who she is." He was really infuriating me.

Justin laughed at me and folded his arms. I tilted my head to the side and placed my hand on my hip. "Last time I check Princess, I don't have to tell you my personal life and last time I checked we don't go together so..."

Justin walked out and left me standing there shell shocked. He is such a jerk sometimes. I laid back in bed and decided to go in bed early tonight.

I grabbed my bag that contained some clothing, toiletries and other items. I grabbed a gray sweater and some shirts, placing them on the bed. I also grabbed some body wash, a rag, and a towel. Dragging myself in the bathroom, I stripped out of my clothes and turned on the shower.

What Justin said kept ringing in my head, 'We're not together.' I placed my hair into a messy bun before I stepped in the shower. The steaming water instantly began pelting my skin. Of course I know were not together but he didn't have to say it so harsh. I began washing my body while thinking of Justin.

"Aye Kace do you still want this chicken alfredo?" I heard Kareem ask me through the bathroom door, interrupting my thoughts.

"Uhm.. No just throw it out," I answered him. I turned off the showers and stepped out, wrapping a towel around me.

Before stepping out of the bathroom, I had to make sure my brother left the room. Once I heard the door being closed, I exited and unwrapped the towel from my body. I began placing on my clothes when I heard the door being open again.

"Kacey I have to let you know that-."

I turned around and saw Justin in my room once more. He stopped for a second and took a gaze over my body, making me feel a certain way and having tingles over my body.

"What is it?" I asked him. I started to feel vulnerable and hurriedly placed a shirt over me. "I had to tell you that your mother and father told me to tell you to call them as soon as we land in Barbados."

I took a deep breath to calm my nerves and licked my lips. "Okay, thank you."

He held his gaze at me for a minute later before closing the door and leaving me flustered.