Chapter Sixty Five

"Oh my god, Kacey baby," Justin rushed over to me and embraced me in a hug. Along with that embrace held kisses, a lot of kisses. I had to shove him off of me to make him stop.

"That's all good but why am I here?" I asked him. "And can you please give me some water? I feel like the Sahara desert is in my throat right now."

Justin went over to the counter and poured some water in a cup. He bought it over to me and I hastily brought the cup to my lips.

Oh my Jesus! That water gave me life. It was like God himself delivered that water to me. I gave my cup back to Justin and asked him for some more. He laughed at me and went to get me my water. Once he came back, I did the same thing to the second cup as I did with the first.

"Feel better?" Justin said.

"Yes I do."

"Good," he grab the cup from my hand and placed it on the table besides me. I noticed on his left ring finger that he had a ring. Dang! Where have I been?

Is he engaged? Married?

I didn't want to say anything about it or be in his business so I didn't bring it up. "Why am I here Justin? What happened to me?"

"Do you remember what last happened to you?"

I thought back and was meet by a wave of flashbacks. Of everything from my coronation, from Justin saving me, to going to L.A, meeting Cookie and Mel, to everybody, and so many good memories. Then I was met by a flashback I didn't want to encounter.

I remember my confession to Justin about how much I love him, then him telling me that we couldn't be together. Confessing to a stranger about what happened, me being kidnapped, and uncle Trevor, and while I as being rescued and going a flight of stairs ... I was shot.

And I also remember Justin expressing to me that he loved me. "Kacey, are you okay?"  

"Yea. I'm okay. Everything just came all at once. But I last remembered you telling me that you loved me," I said while playing with my nails. It was awkward for me telling him that while he was engaged or married or whatever he was.

Fiddling with my thumbs, I saw a ring also on my finger.

What? Who? Why?

Did I marry Michael after I told my father I wasn't interested in him?!

"Justin why do I have a wedding ring on my finger?! Oh God who did I marry?!"

I was starting to take the ring off of my fingers but Justin stop me. I have him a confused look on to why he was stopping me. He wasn't married to a person who didn't know or a person he didn't want. "Baby it's not a wedding ring. It's a promise ring," he said while holding both of my hands.

"A promis-"

"It's my promise to you that I'll love, cherish, protect and honor you like a man should to his woman. A promise to never hurt you again like the way that I did. To always support you. And to always stand by your side. And my promise to you that one day I will marry you." Justin kissed both of my hands and I was still in shock.

"When did you do this?"

"Well I wanted to make your birthday special," he said.

Wow! It's November 10. I thought it was still October. Where have I been?

"My 21st birthday?"

"Kacey. Baby you were in critical condition when you were shot so you've been in a coma for a month. Thank God you woken up before your birthday was over," Justin said.

I was in a coma? I could've died in Trevor's hands. Tears begin to fall and my emotions went everywhere. I was mad because I never should have got into the car with that strange man. I was disappointed in myself for behaving in a manor and not remembering the golden rule. Don't talk to strangers. I was sad because I would've left Justin in a depressed state of my death and I couldn't leave him like that. I wouldn't have peace within myself to leave him like that.

"Hey, hey, hey. What's wrong?" Justin began to straddle me and I just let the tears steadily flow from my face. "What if I could've died Justin?"

He looked down at me and shook his head. "Kacey don't think like that. You didn't die and that's the good thing. You're here and safe now. Now dry your eyes." He kissed me and I melted.

Gosh I missed him so much. And his kisses. Especially his kisses!

"I have to tell your parents and everyone else that you're awake and healthy as ever."

I smiled at his excitement. Before he got off of the bed, I grabbed him. "That's all good and what not but I'm kind of tired and don't need all of the overwhelming moods and emotions. Can you tell them tomorrow?"

He kissed me again and I responded back to the lovely gesture. "Anything for you. Just get some rest." Justin tried to get up again but I grabbed him once more. "No no no where do you think you're going?" I batted my eyelashes at him even though I probably looked like death but let's not go there.

"Uhm.. To sleep."

I smirked at him and patted my bed. "Nah, you sleeping here. Right besides me." I scooted over the best I could in the hospital bed and flipped over my side. "Okay Mrs. Bieber, anything you say."

I rolled my eyes as he replaced my last name with his. Corny bastard. "We're not married yet," I told him. He got behind me and got under the covers. The moment he laid down, he felt like a missing puzzle piece that fit so well with me. "Soon babe. Soon."

He grabbed my hand and intertwined our fingers together. I drifted off to sleep with the man I love by my side.