Chapter Sixty One

I was still asleep when I heard a knock on my door. It was exactly a knock more like a continuous banging. Groaning to get out of bed, I lazily walked out of my bed and walked downstairs to the front door.

Opening it up, I was knocked over by the door by the person who pushed it.

"Ow! Who the fuck." I begin rubbing the bruise that was probably forming on my forehead.

"You couldn't come to the door fast enough? Why do you look like shit? Where is Kacey?"

Cookie and Melinda.

"Hey Justin. Sorry Mel is kind of anxious and worried about Kacey," Cookie said to me. She embraced me in a hug and I awkwardly hugged her back to not be rude.

"Whatever. And do you know how hard it was to find you guys. Luckily Khalil told me where you were."

"Oh and Justin by the way, you're house was even harder to find. You're more seclusive here in this country than in L.A," Cookie said.

"Where is Kacey?" Mel asked again, changing the subject.

"Yea. Is she okay?"

I closed the door behind them and instructed them to come into the living room. "Sit down."

Mel as always was being a bitch and refused to sit down. "Justin stop beating around the bush and tell us what's up," she said while rolling her eyes.

"I will once you take a seat."

Moving my place mats and magazine to tidy up my table, I waited patiently for her to sit up. Cookie grabbed a hold of Mel's arm and sat her on the couch. "Now before you tell us Justin can you tell me what happened before all this shit happened?" Cookie asked.

"Kacey must didn't tell you guys?"

Cookie and Mel looked at each other then at me in a weird way. "Tell us what?"

Leaning back on the couch, I looked at the ceiling. It would've been so much better if Kacey would've told them who she really was. I thought she did it back when we were in Barbados. I sat back up on the couch.

"Well uhm... I thought she told y'all by now." I rubbed the back of my neck and looked back at the two of them.

"Spit it out Justin," Cookie said.

"Okay fine. Kacey is a princess in this country you are in now which is Ćenàla. I'm her bodyguard."

Cookie mouth dropped wide opened. Mel closed Cookie's mouth. "Cookie, Justin is lying. Kacey isn't a Princess," Mel said, denying the truth of her friend. "I am telling the truth."

"Prove it."

Getting off the couch, I went into my office and began searching for some evidence. Documents, files, anything. Searching through drawers, portfolios, tablets, I finally found something. It was pictures of Kacey in a photoshoot with her tiara. I grabbed the photos. I also saw some magazines of her so I grabbed them also and went back into the living room.

I handed both of them to Mel and she snatched them from my hand. Her and Cookie frantically flipped through the pictures and the magazines. "But how-"

"We needed to go to Los Angeles which is where my home is so I could keep her safe. This is my second home. Anyways, some shit went down at her coronation and I had to get her away from someone. We were undercover basically. And when we had to leave L.A, the person we were running from found our location so we had to hurry up and leave. The whole reason she was in the hospital is my fault."

"But how is-"

"Justin!" I heard someone say while banging on my door. We all hopped off the couch and ran to the door. I opened it and it was Chaz and Khalil.

"Justin, come on. We have to go see Kacey. Doctor Johnson has been calling you for over fifteen minutes now."

"What? Why? Is she alright?" I asked them while they walked in. I closed the door behind me. "We need you to get dressed. He says he needs to now what exactly happened the day she got shot."

I nodded my head and excused myself to get dressed. I didn't want to go back that day. I went into my closet and just threw on something, not really caring how I looked. I was really hoping she woken up. I grabbed my phone and looked at the date. November 14. It was Kacey's birthday. How could I forget?

I went back downstairs and begin to look for my keys. "Ready?"

"Look y'all go without me."

"Why?" Chaz asked.

"Just go. I have to go get something for Kacey's birthday. Fuck! How did I forget about that?"

I finally found my keys and before going out the door, Cookie grabbed me. "Justin stop being so hard on yourself. I may not know what happened to Kacey but whatever it is I know it wasn't your fault. And you somewhat forgetting her birthday isn't something to beat yourself up over. Hell I didn't even know it was her birthday. So just go get her something nice and we'll all meet back at the hospital."

Cookie hugged me again and this time I didn't feel awkward about hugging her back.

"Justin we'll tell Doctor Johnson you'll be there shortly."

"Okay. See y'all there."

We all scattered out of my house and I locked the door behind me. Chaz, Khalil, Cookie and Mel all boarded into Chaz's Range Rover. They sped out of my driveway. I went into my garage and got my keys to my Fisker Karma.

I unlocked the door and hopped in, putting the key into the ignition. Cranking up my car and putting in into drive, I sped out of the garage and the off the driveway of my home. On the road, I begin to think of many things to spoil Kacey with on her special twenty first birthday.

I thought of flowers, clothes, chocolate, until I came across the perfect gift. Smiling at the joy of when she open her eyes to see what I brought her.

﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏

Votes: 20+
Comments: 4+
💕💕💕💕