Chapter Four

I woke up out of my bed dreading today. Today's the day that I meet sheikh Michael. I really despise my Father sometimes. Why can't I be born a regular girl with a regular family?

My life's never been normal. I finished most of my school years being homeschooled. I have no friends nor childhood friends. Once again my life isn't normal.

"Princess Kacey." I heard my door being open and I saw Ursula.

"Wow. You're up early," she said. I gave her a small smiled. "Good morning Ursula," I said.

"Good morning. Here's your morning tea," she said. That's when I came up with a plan. I can pretend like I was sick. I gave my best sickly face and faked a cough.

"What's wrong mon amour?" she said while placing the tea on the nightstand.

"I don't feel so good Ursula," I said in a false weakly voice. I even threw in another fake cough. She came and pressed her palm against my forehead.

"Your not hot. I guess I'll have to get the thermometer."

She removed her palm for my forehead and went downstairs to the medicine cabinet. When she left my room, I smiled cheekily. My plan is actually working. A couple of minutes later, I heard soft padded footsteps coming up the stairs. I put my sickly face back on.

"Here mon amour," she said.

She held the thermometer waiting for me to lift my tongue. When I lifted my tongue, she stuck the thermometer in my mouth. Now I have to distract her long enough to sick the thermometer in the tea.

"Ursula," I said in a weak voice.

"Yes dear," she said while feeling my face to check for a fever.

"Can you make me some pancakes please?" I said while quivering my lip.

"Awwwww mon amour, yes Ursula go make pancakes now," I said. She turned to walk out the door and listened out for her footsteps to disappear so I can go along with my plan. When I was sure I didn't hear them anymore, I got the tea from the nightstand and pulled the thermometer out my mouth. I stuck it in the hot tea and held it there for some time.

I left it in there for a good 2 minutes until I heard Ursula footsteps coming up again. I stuck the thermometer back under my tongue but the thermometer scaled my tongue.

"Bloody murder," I said softly.

I blew the thermometer a bit and stuck it back under my tongue. I stuck it in just in time before Ursula came in.

"I just came to check on the thermometer," she said while walking towards me. She took the thermometer from my mouth and read the meter.

"104.2." She 'tsk'ed and left the room yet again. I put the thermometer back in the tea again so the temperature wouldn't go back down.

'Yes my plan is working. Now I don't have to met sheikh Michael nor marry him.'

I heard Ursula's footsteps again but this time I heard another set of footsteps. I put the thermometer yet again in my mouth and saw my bedroom door being open.

"Ms. Martin, Kacey isn't feeling well," Ursula said.

"What's wrong Kacey," my mom said.

I put on my best sickly voice and tried to make it look like I was dying. "Momma, I think I'm dying," I said.

She put the back of her hand against my forehead and cheek. "But your don't feel hot," she said.

"I said the same thing," Ursula said.

My mom shook her head. "Well I guess we have to cancel the orders of the Golden Phoenix Cupcakes," my mom said.

"You ordered the Golden Phoenix Cupcakes?! You will not cancel God's greatest gift on Earth!" I said while jumping up out of bed while blocking the door.

Ursula and my mom looked at me with a smug grin on their faces. My mom folded her arms at me.

"I mean-."

"Nice try Kacey. Ursula have her ready before 8 p.m," my mom said.

"Yes your highness," Ursula said.

Wow. Curse food ruining my plans and my mother. I should've known playing sick with her wouldn't work. She knows how to get me every time.

I walked away from the door and pouted. Now how am I supposed to get out of this dinner?

*****

I was currently in my room getting ready for the dinner and meeting of sheikh Michael. Marcella and Ursula was in my room helping me get ready also.

"Stand up Kacey I have to help you out on your gown," Marcella said.

I got off my bed and stood up. Marcella slipped the gown over my head while Ursula fluffed the back out. I was wearing a sheer red evening gown by Azzedine Alaia.

"What shoes are you going to wear?"

"Manolo Blahnik," I simply replied.

My stomach was in knots thinking about this dinner tonight. What if sheikh Michael was an old pervert? What if I we have nothing in common? There were so many things going on in my mind.

"Kacey!" Ursula shouted.

"I'm sorry what?" I said coming out of my daze.

"Here," Ursula said handing me my shoes. She looked at me with a cautious look on her face. "Why are you looking at me like that?" I asked Ursula.

"Something's bothering you. What's wrong Kacey?" Ursula asked me.

"It's nothing. I'm fine."

"Mierda. Kacey you can't hide your emotions from us. We've been with you since you've been in your mother's womb. Now stop this nonsense and tell us what's wrong," Marcella said. I looked at both Marcella and Ursula. They were right. Why do I keep lying to the people that's been here for me since day one and know me so well?

"I guess I'm nervous about meeting shiekh Michael. What if we don't have anything in common? I can't marry him cause if I do, our marriage will be based on a lie," I confessed. I also don't want to marry at such a young age. I'm 20 years old for God's sake. I'm supposed to be dating and having fun, not walking down the isle.

"Well sweetheart. Nobody said life would be fair," Marcella said.

"You can say that again," I said. I sat down on my bed and put on my heels that's been in for hands for two minutes.

"Why does King Ethan want to marry you off?" Ursula said.

"He wants me to marry sheikh Michael for the sake of Ćenàla and if we have any children, it'll keep the family on the throne," I said. Marcella shook her head and frowned. "Sometimes I don't quite understand King Ethan and his way of running Ćenàla," she said.

"Me either," Ursula said.

I shrugged my shoulders and glanced at the clock on the wall. 7:59. "Well it's too late to turn back now," I said while hopping off my bed. I walked to my door and took a deep breath. I opened the door and walked out of my room, walking down the long corridor to the grand staircase. I looked down the railings and into the grand foyer. I saw my family and what I was guessing was sheikh Michael's family talking and laughing, looking as if they were having a lovely time.

I walked to the edge of the stairs. Both my family and Michael's family heard the clicking of my heels against the marble floors and ceased their talking. I heard the Herald blowing his horn at a rhythmic tune.

"Ladies and Gentleman, Princess Kacey Christine Martin."