Chapter Sixty Nine

-Dr. Johnson's POV-

We've been performing on Kacey for two hours and now we are about to see if the procedure became a miracle in our favor.

"Okay. Once I tell you  to shock her you shock her."

Dr. Williams and I just got finished repairing the origin of the pathway in the brain stem. Now all we had to do was shock her back to life. The nurses had the defibrillator ready for use.

I nodded at Bethany, the nurse with the defibrillator. "Clear." She said while shocking Kacey. Her body rose but she didn't respond.

"C'mon Kacey." I whispered to myself.

I signaled for her to try again and Bethany shocked her again. Once again she didn't respond. Last time.

Before Bethany could shock her, Kacey's eyes opened and we jumped a little. I rushed over to Kacey's side.

"Kacey can you hear me?"

She shielded her eyes with her forearm and nodded. "Can you speak?"

She coughed before she muttered a yes. The nurses all clapped for me and then they begin to clean off the instruments and everything else. "Okay sweetheart we're going to wheel you back into your room. And once we get there, you'll have to get a shot and take some medicine."

She nodded at me and I gave her a smile. Dr. Williams and I along with some nurses helped me with wheeling her. We reached her room and Emma opened the door for us. She moved out of the pathway and we wheeled her in. We locked her bed into place so it wouldn't roll. Carter came in and told Kacey to hold her arm out, which she proceeded to do. He placed two small cups beside him on the table. Carter placed a rubber band over her arm and began to try to feel her for a vein. Once he found it he placed the needle in her arm.

When he was done, he removed the needle and placed a bandaid on her arm.

Then he grabbed a cup with some small pills in it towards her and she placed it in her mouth. Carter handed her another cup with some water and she drunk it.

"All done," Carter told her. Kacey gave him a small smile and he gave her one back. Everyone left instead of me and the last person closed the door behind them. I sat down on the foot of Kacey's bed and patted her leg. "So how you feeling?"

"I want to say okay but I'm confused. What happened to me?"

"Well you were in a coma for about a month. You have arsenic poisoning in your heart from the bullet of Trevor's gun. But we just revived you and you should be okay now."

I'm glad that she has awaken but now I have to deliver bad news. How she could possibly die from the arsenic poisoning setting in her heart.

"Kacey I have one more thing to tell you."

I grabbed her hand and took a deep breath. "Kacey... Kacey you could possibly die from.. From arsenic poisoning."

"Wait? But I thought you said-"

Her breathing hitched and her words got choked up. Tears began falling from left and right and I couldn't stop them. They were coming back to back everything I wiped them from her eyes. "I thought you said I was going to be okay."

"Yes you are but we're having specialist in on it now and their coming up with an antidote. Don't worry you'll make it."

She looked me and I could feel her hurting worst than she already was. It was hard seeing her look depressed. "Kacey if I know one thing is you're stronger than you look. You are going to get through this. With your family and friends by your side you can conquer anything."

She twirled her fingers around her hair nervously and avoided meeting contact with me. "Do you think so?"

I embraced her with a hug and she hugged me back. "I know so."

"Thank you so much. Even though I don't know you're name." She laughed a bit. I chuckled and told her who I was and she told me her name. Even though I already knew it.

"Well Dr. Johnson do you know when I'll be going home? I have a lot of stuff going on already in my life."

"In four days. We have a few test to run and by the way we have some people who would like to meet you."

She scrunched up her face and I wiggled her nose. She slapped my hands from her face and I laughed. "Who is it?"

"Don't worry. They've missed you like crazy."

I got up from her bed and began to make my way out of the door. "Stay right there."

"Where can I go?" She yelled at me before the door closed. I walked towards the elevator and pressed one, waiting for the doors to close. Once they did, I waited until the doors opened again and they finally did. I exited off the elevator and saw Kacey's family. Most of them were asleep except for two.

"Can you please wake up the rest of them for me?"

One of the young ladies and a man got up and began to wake up everybody. Justin had drool coming from his face and Kareem pointed at him while laughing. "What is you looking at?"

"That drool all over your lip," Kareem made a circle over his face and Justin wiped his face in embarrassment. "Shut up."

He hit Kareem and Kareem hit him back. "Can't get mad because you was drooling."

"Can you idiots shut up? Dr. Johnson needs to tell us something."

Kareem stale faced one one of the girls and she bucked her eyes at him. He held his hands up in defense and then she looked back at me. "Proceed Doctor," she batted her eyelashes at me.

I put on the biggest smile I had for them and they looked at me confusingly.

"Would anyone of you like to speak to Kacey Christine Martin?"

*****

Votes: 10+
Comments: 5+
💋💋💋💋💋

The Bodyguard - •J.B• {BWWM} #WATTYS2017जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें