Chapter Fifty One

The paramedics were hooking her up to IVs and delivering oxygen to her through a mask. Seeing her like that absolutely broken me. One of the nurses hooked her up to a ECG heart rate monitor.

It instantly began reading her blood pressure, heart rate, etc.

"What is her blood pressure reading?"

"85/55."

"Is that good?" I asked one of them.

They all ignored me except for one. "No, her blood pressure is very low."

"Well can't you get it up?" I asked frantically, looking from Kacey to the nurse. "I'm afraid that's up her body."

I got quiet for a second. "Are you her bodyguard?"

"I'm more than that."

I looked back at Kacey and at the doctors who were doing everything they can to save her. "I'm her husband."

A couple of minutes later, we finally arrived her to the Emergency Room and up to the Intensive Care Unit. Once I tried entering the room with the doctors and nurses, they wouldn't let me.

"Sir we can't have you interfering. You have to sit down in the waiting room." They rolled her into the room and I looked back the doctor to see her. All the color was draining from her face and that's when I heard a beeping noise.

"Her heart rate and blood pressure is slowly declining," one nurse read.

I looked at the doctor. Silently asking him with my eyes asking him is she going to be okay. "I hope so. I have to go now," the doctor told me. He left me in the hall, wondering if he was going to save Kacey or if she was going to die.

﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏

"Where is my baby? Where is Kacey?" I heard a woman's voice frantically ask. I jolted up out of my seat to see who was asking for Kacey. It was a black female and a white man asking a receptionist at the desk. Kacey's parents.

Mr. And Mrs. Martin. They also had Kareem with them.

"Mrs. Martin she's in the ICU," I ran over to her. She grabbed my hand and demanded to tell me what happened to her. "She was shot three times in her back as she was running towards to me get away from Trevor," I told her.

She held her hand over her heart and began to stumble a bit. I caught her so she wouldn't fall. "Is she dead?" Mrs. Martin asked me with tears forming in her eyes.

I couldn't lie to her and tell her that Kacey was alive because the truth was was that I didn't know. But looking to Kacey mother's eyes, I could see hurt and love that she had for her child.

"Justin, is my daughter okay?" Mr. Martin asked me with him and Kareem walking towards me.

I took a deep breath, swallowing my fear to tell them the truth. "I'm sorry but I don't know. Doctors are still in there working with her," I informed them.

"Justin."

Turning around to see who called my name, I saw Chaz and Khalil with a couple of other agents. They were running and jogging up to me. "Hey is she okay?" They asked me.

"I wish I could tell you but I don't know if she is," I told them also.

You could feel worry and sympathy in the room for the Princess of Ćenàla. Some agents had there head hung down, praying.

"Hey hey hey now don't lose your faith for Kacey. She's going to make it. She's a strong, brave girl she's going to fight through this," Khalil said trying to give us some encouragement.

We all nodded in agreement. I had faith in Khalil's words and I hoped that in his words lies some truth. "Come on boys, let's sit down and wait for some news on her," Mrs. Martin said.

We all walked to the chairs in the waiting room before I was shoved the other way by Kareem. "What are you-"

"We have to talk," Kareem said while grabbing my shoulder and leading me into a hall. He stopped me once we reached somewhere quiet and he walked in front of me.

"Now I don't know what has happened to Kacey for her to be how she was when I last saw her. But I know that you know what has made her sadden and depressed. So don't bullshit me. Tell me why she was depressed."

I knew I should've told him about what me and her talked about and when she kissed me when we talked in the hallway.

"Well, I did come to her room when I heard strange noises coming from her room to see what was wrong with her. I found her room in a mess and her laying on the floor, motionless. So I tried getting her to talk and she wouldn't really talk to me. Then she kissed me and told me to get out.-"

"She kissed you? Did you kiss back?"

I licked my lips and nodded my head. "So you have feelings for my sister?"

I rolled my eyes. "Damn Kareem I've been guarding her for a couple of years not to mention she's been with me for almost three months. I didn't know I was going to fall in love with her. It just sort of happened."

Kareem deeply sighed.

"What else happened?"

"A couple of hours later, she came into my room and confessed to me that she loved me. I told her I had feelings for her too but I told her I couldn't be with her. So after I told her that, she left my room heartbroken," I told him.

"So you broke her heart? I knew you were just like all those other niggas," Kareem told me while beginning to walk off. I grabbed his shoulder and walked in front of him.

"The hell I am. I will walk away and leave your sister alone before I hurt her. I have too much respect for that woman and I be damn if I hurt her. Besides she was like that way before she told me she loved me so I asked her friends to pull it out of her."

"Have they?" He asked me with his right eyebrow raised. I took out my phone and started to dial Mel's number.

"Let's see."