Chapter Seventeen

"It's either that or y'all just won't be going out." I folded my arms across my chest. I stared down her short frame and she looked back at me. Now we was having a staring competition.

"You can try staring me down all you want but it won't work," I told her, still holding on to the stare. She inhaled, exhaled, and then rolled her eyes. Then she folded her arms across her chest.

*****

I was sitting on the bed watching Mel and Justin staring each other down; Mel looking up at Justin's tall frame and Justin looking down at Mel's short frame. "How long do you think Mel could keep this up?" I whispered to Cookie.

"Until she gets what she wants," Cookie replied back.

"C'mon Mel. I think it'll be fun if they could come too," I suggested. "It wouldn't be so bad."

Mel tore her attention away from Justin and onto me. "Uhm, yes the fuck it is. It's supposed to be a girl's night out. Emphasize on the girl's part."

"Either we all go or forget it," Justin said.

"Hell -." Cookie sprinted over towards Mel and placed her hand over Mel's mouth. "Yes. Y'all can come too."

"We'll be ready in 30 minutes," Justin said. He smirked at Mel and she stuck up her middle finger at him. He laughed and exited the room. Cookie let go of Mel's mouth as soon as Justin left the room.

"Ugh! Well that's just it. You just ruined our night," Mel said.

"It's either that or don't go at all. Your choice Mel."

Mel stomped her foot and ran over to the suitcase. "Fine. Let's just hurry up and find our outfits for Club Ecstasy," she said.

"Aight but let's find Kacey's outfit first since we always have an idea on what we wear."

"True. Let's get to work."

They went through 5 different outfits for me and we still couldn't find an outfit for me. I tried on many things from jumpsuits, shorts, crop tops, and pants. But nothing really looked right on me.

"Here try this," Cookie said, giving me an nude and black dress. I grabbed the dress out of her hand. I went back into my bathroom and stripped from the tights and crop top I was currently wearing.

I slipped the dress on and went back out so they could judge yet another outfit. I got out the bathroom and saw them on their phones. "I'm ready." They looked up from their phones and gasped.

"Damn Kace. That looks great," Mel said.

"Fuck yeah. If I was a dude, I'll holla fosho'," Cookie said.

I laughed at their slang and looked down at the dress. "So this is the one?"

"Yes. Now go shower so we can get ready," Mel said.

"Okay."

I went back to the bathroom and ran my water for the shower. I got out of the dress and set it on the rack for when I'm done showering. I got in and began bathing. When I was finished, I got out and wrapped a towel around me. I got out of the bathroom and told Cookie or Mel that the bathroom was free. Cookie got in. After 2 hours of us getting ready, we were finally ready to hit the club.

"Damn I look good," Cookie said while looking into the full length mirror.

"Oh yes. I'm most certainly getting fucked tonight," Mel said. She got in the mirror alongside Cookie and examined her outfit. Cookie laughed and hit Mel. "You dirty whore."

"What I don't want a relationship. I just want to have fun," Mel said while getting out the mirror to get her clutch and her phone. When they departed from the mirror, I got in it to examine the dress I was wearing. I was having second doubts about going out tonight. Maybe I should just stay in.

"You girls ready to go?"

I heard saying while Chaz coming through the door. "Yea. We're ready," Cookie said. Mel gave me a black cluth and told me to c'mon. I grabbed my phone and looked into the mirror one last time before heading out of my bedroom behind Chaz, Cookie, and Mel.

Once we reached downstairs, we saw Khalil, Twist and Justin all in the doorway looking into their phones, waiting for us. They tore their attention away from their phones as soon as they heard us coming downstairs. I went back into the hallway and stayed there since I was nervous about how my dress would look. I felt kind of dirty in this dress. My parents would never allow me to wear something so....revealing.

"Where's Kacey?" I heard Justin ask.

"Well she's..." I heard Mel start to say. "She was just right here."

"Kacey!" I heard Cookie yell.

"Yea."

"C'mon. We're waiting for you," Cookie said. Well I might as well get this over with. I took a deep breath and began to make my way towards the staircase. Twist, Khalil and Justin stared at me while I walked down the stairs.

"Damn," Twist said lowly but I hears him. I gave him a small smile as I finally made my way from down the stairs. "Kacey you look oh so fine," Twist said. "Is that a compliment?" I asked while leaning towards Mel.

She rolled her eyes and laughed. "Yes girl."

"Oh. Thanks Twist."

"You welcome."

I heard a groan from Justin. "Can we please go?"

"What killed your vibe?" Cookie asked.

"Nothing. Now can we please go?" Justin asked while grabbing a pair of keys from him key rack. He led us towards his garage full of cars and we took the Range Rover.