Chapter Sixty Four

We, more like I, was still waiting for Mr. Martin's answer.

"Look dad. Atleast he's asking."

"Remember our talk Ethan."

Kareem and Mrs. Martin was trying to help influence his decision. He took a heavy sigh and looked at everyone in the room. "I can't really say yes. But Justin I do feel that you meant what you said. So I'm not saying no but I'm not saying yes. But you can be with my princess. But we need to sit down and have a talk. Man to man."

I nodded at him and his decision. "Thank you so much."

"Yea yea whatever. I need a drink." He grabbed his forehead and began to run his temples in a circular motion, massaging them.

"Now I can finally do this." I walked over to Kacey and basked in her beauty. The color of her skin is finally back to normal. I could probably kiss it and it could melt in my mouth. Shaking the sex thoughts from my mind, I continued to look at her. Her hair was all over her face. I laughed at little and drew it back from her face.

"Justin what are you doing?"

I pulled the ring from the box and placed it on her hand. It fit perfectly.
"Aye you didn't say nothing about marriage!" Mr. Martin said.

"No sir. It's not about marriage. It's a promise ring. A promise to love her, cherish her, nourish her, and always be there for her," I explained to him. I kissed her hand and also placed the matching ring on my finger.

"Oooo, I wanna see," said Cookie and Mel. They pushed me out of the way and begin to examine Kacey's ring.

"Cookie don't move her arm like that. She's still unconscious."

Cookie slow ass.

~~~~~

Flipping through the channels, I was trying to find what sitcom I wanted to watch. Everyone left two hours ago, except for me of course. I couldn't leave my baby girl all alone on her birthday.

A little while ago, Dr. Johnson and I talked about Kacey's condition and he was saying that even though her health was improving, he was still concerned about her not waking up even after a month's progress.

He said he has to keep a close eye on her because this was very unusual. I looked at my phone and saw it was 10 o'clock.

Still flipping through the channels, i gave up on the T.V and decided to just turn it off. Getting a blanket for me to sleep with, I got as comfortable as a could on this uncomfortable couch.

The things I do for love.

I played on my phone until sleep consumed me but I got an unexpected phone call.

"What the fuck do you want?"

"Feisty much. But babe I haven't heard from you since Barbados."

I rolled my eyes at Selena's voice. "Selena what do you want?"

"First I just want to say what happened to you helping me with the song? Two I miss you."

"First off fuck that song. You couldn't hit a fucking note to save your life. And two you can miss me all you want but me and you are done," I said loudly but not loud enough so that everyone could hear.

She gawked at me and sighed. "Justin you still on that whole Ryan situation. I wasn't myself that night you knew that," she said.

One night? One night?!

"Well you ducking delusional. Y'all have been fucking behind my back for almost nine months"

"Justin what do you want me to say?"

"I just want you to leave me alone Selena. I've moved on and you should too. Or go fuck up someone's relationship like you always do."

"It's her isn't that?"

What the fuck is she talking about?

"What?"

"That black girl who was sitting on your lap after we fucked. Is she the bitch that you want Justin?"

"Don't call her no bitch and yes it's her. And it will always be her."

Selena let out a sarcastic laugh. "You're crazy if you think that she is better than me? She can't love you, fuck you, nor care for you the way that I could."

I smirked even though she couldn't see me. "She already has."

I hung up on her and I knew she was screaming at the top of her lungs. I was boiling and seething from the conversation. Selena thinks she can come back into my life and pick up where we left off. Despite her lying, her cheating, and her deceiving me. She is a mass manipulator.

I put my phone on airplane mode just in case she called back and placed my phone on the charger. That bitch is really starting to get on my nerves. I swear.

My nerves was on edge right now and I'm glad that Mr. Martin left that bottle of vodka on the counter. I felt my way through the darkness and once I felt the light switch, flipped on the switch.

I grabbed a cup from the counter and unscrewed the vodka, pouring a small amount into the cup. I knocked the drink back and proceeded to pour another drink.

-Kacey's POV-

Blinking my eyes open, not even knowing I was asleep, I looked at my surroundings. An all white room surrounding with pink and purple streamers, balloons and many many gifts.

What in the world is going on? I sat up in the bed and noticed my throat was extremely dry. Like I haven't had a drink in forever. I placed my hand on my throat and looked to see what could quench my thirst.

But instead I saw someone.

Justin. I think it's Justin. Since he had his back turns, I really couldn't tell.

"Hi."

My voice came out barely as a whisper. So I tried to wet my voice with my saliva (eww) as best as I could. When I felt that it was moist enough, I spoke again.

"Hey."

The person turned around and it WAS Justin.

"Kacey."

*****

Comments: 6+
Votes:10+
💕😘💕😘